The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

It’s not a good phrase for optimism IMO.  
Appleby is obviously waiting on Q to accept his deal or reject it 

I’m hoping for the former but if that’s the case why are Q looking at contingency funds for the season 

It may have gone further than Q and could be waiting for creditors to accept or reject. Or maybe final negotiations with creditors.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

At times it feels like the recruitment team acts like fans. They scour the leading scorers table, football league team of the week and expiring contracts section then start making enquiries. I never get the feeling we have scouts at non-league games or watch a player for a protracted period.

When was our last really inspirational signing of an unknown?

Igor. Unknown to me at least. I remember leaving Prenton Park after that 5-1 drubbing feeling on top of the world as it was crystal clear we'd go places with him running the show.

For the minute........or once we're given the green light to recruit / re-sign........ I'd put my trust in whoever cobbled together Freebie Utd last year. Whether it was WR or someone else, they did a cracking job in the circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

My guesses would be Buchanan and Bielik.

It’ll be Byrne and Buchanen. 

so that article is staying that any player at any club that changes ownership can walk away mid contract? 

they would have to pay up the remaining time on their contract/notice period. 

50 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely, although I wouldn't call the EFL lapdogs for the Premier League. I genuinely feel the Premier League see the EFL as a charity case. If the EFL are lapdogs for anyone then it's Sky - handing them all types of rights to their product for a poor fees in comparison. 

If they had any sense whatsoever they would shop the TV rights around - Apple, Amazon, Netflix (if they want to go digital) - or split the rights up. Obviously, the fall back is that they could create their own platform (which I do believe they have some infrastructure for already?) and sell to the fans of the clubs. The more content that is created, quality content, will open the doors to substantial revenue growth. 

The fact is that there is a SUBSTANTIAL amount of people in the UK watching football outside the top 20 and there is an opportunity to turn that into money. The problem now is that the coverage of the Premier League is so vast that people can happily support a team at the other end of the country and feel just as inclusive as though it was their local team. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a substantial fall off in kids supporting their local team over one of the top 6 in this country, regardless of the overseas aspect. 

Didn't they give a few rights to the BBC and it didn't go very well a few years ago? I totally agree about Amazon though, they only have a couple of weeks coverage on the premier League but it's very good. They should definitely try to get them interested which given they have a lot of minor tennis on should be doable. 

I can understand Bielik pushing for a move because of what the Polish Coach said, you can’t pass up the opportunity to play in a World Cup.

If Buchanan and Byrne want to leave, let them go and try to receive some money for them. We need 100% commitment from whoever takes to the pitch next season as it is going to be another struggle.

As I'm realising the post may well be inflammatory for people:

Before we go full ham on hating the players - bear in mind it may well be their agents 'acting in their client's best interests', or their own, as they will more than likely make more money if the players in question move as a free agent.

I'm not naïve enough to think the players aren't fully blame free, but the noises around Buchanan revealed before seemed to indicate this was the case.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's be honest. Can anyone blame them?

Loyalty in football is dead. They aren't Derby fans. They are employees.

Why would they want to be here when they know that next season is going to be hideous?

They will all have better offers elsewhere. Cannot blame them for wanting out.

Can't blame them for wanting out. Can blame them for wanting their contracts nullified so they can leave on a free.

13 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Igor. Unknown to me at least. I remember leaving Prenton Park after that 5-1 drubbing feeling on top of the world as it was crystal clear we'd go places with him running the show.

For the minute........or once we're given the green light to recruit / re-sign........ I'd put my trust in whoever cobbled together Freebie Utd last year. Whether it was WR or someone else, they did a cracking job in the circumstances.

I remember his interview after that game, Tranmere player walks past and says something derogatory to Stimac, Quick as a flash his reply was...he was on the losing team

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As I'm realising the post may well be inflammatory for people:

Before we go full ham on hating the players - bear in mind it may well be their agents 'acting in their client's best interests', or their own, as they will more than likely make more money if the players in question move as a free agent.

I'm not naïve enough to think the players aren't fully blame free, but the noises around Buchanan revealed before seemed to indicate this was the case.

It's obviously Byrne & Buchanan due to the argument over whether we could trigger an extension then transfer them to a new company.

If they want to go and deny us at least a minimal transfer fee then they can both piss off.

The other 5 have contracts with 1 year or more remaining already in place, so as long as there is no variation of their terms or conditions they will be transferred to the new company.

If I’m a young international like Knight and Bielik, third tier football isn’t going to convince many coaches to pick you. With Bielik and his injury record, this might be his only chance to play at a World Cup. I have no problem with them leaving, they need to go and compete at a high level.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's be honest. Can anyone blame them?

Loyalty in football is dead. They aren't Derby fans. They are employees.

Why would they want to be here when they know that next season is going to be hideous?

They will all have better offers elsewhere. Cannot blame them for wanting out.

Ironic really, the only ones with any loyalty whatsoever are the fans and that have absolutely no say in what goes on. I keep asking that's it I'm finished with football but this is the 3rd time I've checked this page today.

Looking to get a transfer to another club is one thing. At least the club would get some needed money. But to try to legally have your contract cancelled is disappointing. Wish they had the same level of commitment that Rooney and many others have shown. If they fail in their legal action and remain with us I would be supprsied to see them on the team sheet again. 

The EFL will be forced to intervene and concede that the new owners hold player registrations. If they fail to do this, there is no precedent or valid reason why Derby should pay football debts.

As an example, Derby County's new owners cannot be forced by EFL to pay the remaining balance of Bielek's transfer fee to Arsenal if they do not then rule that Derby County's new owners DO own Bielek's registration.