The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, alram said:

I am not sure I am as confident as some of you chaps, mainly because Qs statement the day before AA said what he said was fairly contradictory. They say we are not close and may need to loan. A few hours later AA says it’s close? 

we have had too many false dawns to feel confident

I see no reason why Q wouldn't have told us if they'd accepted a bid from Appleby.

Hoping today we at least get confirmation of funding for the season, where ever that is from. #COYR

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see no reason why Q wouldn't have told us if they'd accepted a bid from Appleby.

Hoping today we at least get confirmation of funding for the season, where ever that is from. #COYR

Are you doubting Apple bid 

It’s sad how desperate I am to see something in the Daily Updates thread.

This whole process has been draining. I can’t see us putting out much of a team in the opening matches but hope we will have the backing to be more competitive later in the campaign.

Not sure what Derby fans have done to deserve the luck we’ve had in the past 15 years.

When we do find success it’s going to be all the sweeter.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

This whole process has been draining. I can’t see us putting out much of a team in the opening matches but hope we will have the backing to be more competitive later in the campaign.

Not sure what Derby fans have done to deserve the luck we’ve had in the past 15 years.

Yep brace myself for bad news before opening updates thread. Not engaging or getting hopes up for any bids now until its officially announced as done. Still wounded from CK shambles

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This Final Strokes could mean anything.   In American slang it’s caput. 

I read the article which was about some small baseball league being set up, we were thrown in at the end. 

"The past couple of years have been disappointing on several fronts, Appleby said. The COVID-19 pandemic erased ballpark revenue, put expansion plans on ice and left the future of his sports business hanging in the balance. But now there is reason for optimism — on the baseball and soccer side, he said.

Attendance at Jimmy John's Field has averaged 3,300 since the USPBL season started a month ago. That's slightly better than attendance during the same time in 2019, before the pandemic.

Appleby said he expects annual revenue to be up 20 percent from last year when there were still state-mandated attendance restrictions. The league has also increased revenue from sponsors with about 20 new companies signing on, including Total Life Changes, Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons, AAH Fluid Power Inc. and Mirage Banquets.

The league is in its seventh year of 10-year deals with naming rights sponsors United Wholesale Mortgage LLC and Jimmy John's.

"We're having a really good year, kind of making up for the last couple of years," he said. "There is some pent-up demand from companies and families to get out and have fun again."

...Soccer is consuming most of his time in the immediate term, though. Appleby is heading up a group bid to buy the financially distressed Derby County Rams. The club is headed for liquidation if it does not find a new owner, according to local newspaper Derby Telegraph.

Appleby had previously decided against bidding for the club, which has been insolvent and in search of a new owner for the past couple of years. It plays in League One, the third tier of the English Football League, after being relegated last season due to poor play.

Appleby said he is optimistic about his bid and expects to learn the outcome this week.

"It's down to the final strokes," he said."

So who knows...

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we can live long enough to find sucess again !

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

It’s a very strange phrase tbh! And when you look at your thesaurus it means final blow amongst other things. Is this guy some sort of sadist who wants to impale us with even more grief I ask myself!?

It’s not a good phrase for optimism IMO.  
Appleby is obviously waiting on Q to accept his deal or reject it 

I’m hoping for the former but if that’s the case why are Q looking at contingency funds for the season