The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

People are getting confused between new owners and a new club, if it is new owners then DCFC still exist going forward along with the debt, if it is a new club then DCFC fail to exist along with player contracts etc. and also membership of the EFL.

Yes, the BBC article is a bit confusing

Under employment law, when the business is sold to the new company the position will be governed by legislation known as the 'Transfer of Undertakings' (Protection of Employment) (TUPE).

Ordinarily under TUPE, employees at the date of the transfer automatically transfer to the new company. But they also have the right to be given information about the transfer ahead of time and a right to object to becoming an employee, which would trigger their contract being terminated at the point where the sale eventually takes place.

This legislation was used by a number of Glasgow Rangers players to quit the Scottish side when they were liquidated in 2012.

Derby are, hopefully, not being liquidated so the ruling which applied to Rangers will not apply in this case, TUPE will provide the players the same level of terms, conditions and payment as they previously enjoyed.

https://www.gov.uk/transfers-takeovers

Edited by Elwood P Dowd
spelling

16 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Without those players and being under a transfer embargo, the club would appear to cease trading.

How could it compete without the required number of players

I have just emailed Rick Parry, who has confirmed that the EFL will be keen for us to play ideally with as little as 7 players. If we remain competitive though the EFL has the right to enforce a League rule change whereby games can be played against Derby as long as we have no fewer than 5 players on the pitch. They already have 71 member votes held in support of the motion.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have just emailed Rick Parry, who has confirmed that the EFL will be keen for us to play ideally with as little as 7 players. If we remain competitive though the EFL has the right to enforce a League rule change whereby games can be played against Derby as long as we have no fewer than 5 players on the pitch. They already have 71 member votes held in support of the motion.

Can they all stand on the goal line holding-hands?

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No. A new company is formed . Assets including golden share and player registrations are transferred from old Company to new company. Then old Company is wound up. That’s what Wigan did. BBC seems to think that’s what Derby will do as well. 

Don't think Wigan were ever in administration, which makes a difference. For a new company to start up the administrators would have to liquidate the club. The administrators at present retain control of the club and players, a new club does not remove the administrators.

12 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

People are getting confused between new owners and a new club, if it is new owners then DCFC still exist going forward along with the debt, if it is a new club then DCFC fail to exist along with player contracts etc. and also membership of the EFL.

People are getting confused? I wonder why that is then? Might it be because they take in rubbish like you have posted above (in bold).

My mum always says, “if you know feck all son, just keep your trap shut”. 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So what’s your point?  Wimbledon were bought and changed their name.

Wimbledon ceased to exist as a name and someone restarted a club in the lower tier of the pyramid.

My point is if mk Don's can stay in football league so can we that's my point.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh.

Nixon always answers in such a cryptic manner it can be interpreted different ways I think the blokes a c*** and hopefully we will be saved soon …hallelujah! and then maybe he can bore someone else!!!

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

People are getting confused? I wonder why that is then? Might it be because they take in rubbish like you have posted above (in bold).

My mum always says, “if you know feck all son, just keep your trap shut”. 

Go on then show me otherwise or are you going to take your mums advice.