The Administration Thread

Boycie

Gotta question the wisdom of jumping on players' backs based on nothing more than guesswork. Has it not occurred to folk that such behaviour, when we are praying for loyalty from these lads, may have precisely the opposite effect to that desired?

All the support and unity built up through a tough season is clearly now a thing of the past, eh! Standard sniping rules from here on out ?

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

The EFL will be forced to intervene and concede that the new owners hold player registrations. If they fail to do this, there is no precedent or valid reason why Derby should pay football debts.

As an example, Derby County's new owners cannot be forced by EFL to pay the remaining balance of Bielek's transfer fee to Arsenal if they do not then rule that Derby County's new owners DO own Bielek's registration.

This really is a great point Mostyn, even if they can tear up their employment contract, DCFC will still own the official player registrations.

Whoever the players seeking legal council to get out of their contract with Derby, honestly I don't blame them but there is better ways to go about things. 

Again, like Morris, whoever it is, and I'm sure we will find out, I wish them absolutely nothing but the worst going forward. 

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Gotta question the wisdom of jumping on players' backs based on nothing more than guesswork. Has it not occurred to folk that such behaviour, when we are praying for loyalty from these lads, may have precisely the opposite effect to that desired?

All the support and unity built up through a tough season is clearly now a thing of the past, eh! Standard sniping rules from here on out ?

Just for clarity, I'm not personally advocating anyone jumping on any player's back based on assumptions - I'm just commenting about how it looks in in our currrent predicament. No doubt though some of the twitterati will be at it, as you say.

18 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's my understanding that TUPE regulations aren't just for liquidation/administration stuff, it applies whenever a business is transferred to a new owner.  So all those situations would probably also apply to normal takeovers too, which would be absolute chaos.  All of Chelsea's players could tear up their contracts tomorrow, for example.

RR Parts Service Centre in Derby the employees were TUPEd over to CEVA Logistics, The RR employee kept their terms and conditions including wages but it was time limited due to the final move, There were 2 workforces...RR and CEVA, RR earning circa £35k a year some 5 years ago, While the CEVA workers were earning £18-£20k a year, CEVA now work from Branston as all work was transferred there, Those RR employees that were left at Derby were offered new contracts on CEVAs wage structure...only a few if any took the opportunity to move with a 50% drop in wage and fuel to take into consideration...redundancy was taken. 

I’ve not really got a problem with players not wanting to stay after relegation, it’s still sad and it’s incredibly frustrating that it’s come to that, but it’s fair enough, if we get a decent enough fee for them.

For me the issue is trying to wriggle out of their contracts and go for nothing, thus denying the club a transfer fee when it so desperately needs it.

It even makes it much more difficult to sell them prior to a sale to get money to keep us going as who is going to buy them if they believe they can get them for free soon? It pushes us closer to the very trap door we’ve spent the last 9 months trying to avoid.

We’re asking everyone to get behind us to #SaveDerbyCounty and yet some of the very players who’ve been welcomed into the club, loved and even hero worshipped by the young fans and may even be players that the club has nurtured since they were very young or helped through terrible injuries are now making it more likely that will not be the case.

It’s horrible.

43 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

If I’m a young international like Knight and Bielik, third tier football isn’t going to convince many coaches to pick you. With Bielik and his injury record, this might be his only chance to play at a World Cup. I have no problem with them leaving, they need to go and compete at a high level.

The Ireland manager doesn't pick players based on league or reputation. Three of the players in the latest squad were playing in L1 last season. Knight's performances mean he won't be dropped - he's a guaranteed starter. Bielik is a fringe player for Poland.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Whoever the players seeking legal council to get out of their contract with Derby, honestly I don't blame them but there is better ways to go about things. 

Again, like Morris, whoever it is, and I'm sure we will find out, I wish them absolutely nothing but the worst going forward. 

Yes talk about kicking you when your down if it is two players (At the moment) and they are successful in cancelling there contracts due to new owners trust me the others will follow,these are the same players who allegedly all wanted to stay with WR and Derby and fight to get back,money always talks look whats happening to Golf at the moment  

35 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's my understanding that TUPE regulations aren't just for liquidation/administration stuff, it applies whenever a business is transferred to a new owner.  So all those situations would probably also apply to normal takeovers too, which would be absolute chaos.  All of Chelsea's players could tear up their contracts tomorrow, for example.

This below is what the BBC article says, is it right? 

If Derby survive it will be in the form of a new company since that is the only way of avoiding paying full liability to non-football creditors.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Don't turn on the players now. There is one man who is responsible for all this. Direct your anger and frustration at him.

Everyone is responsible for their own decisions though, yes it started because of one man, although there are plenty of other parties that made the situation so much worse than it needed to be!

But this, if true, no, this is on them and them alone, it’s not something they need to do.

If another club only wants you because they think they can get you on a free, how much do they really want you?

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

2 teams in the bottom half of league 2 ?

It’s to give the 14 year olds we’re fielding a chance to test themselves and boost their confidence ? 

I know everyone is feeling low, and worried, and cynical about everything but SURELY people can see some sort of positive in the announcement of pre season games, regardless of the level of the opponent. I’ve read on here and on social media a list of things the club needs to sort before the season starts and this is now one of those things ticked off, right?

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Totally untrue. They have rules about, to be followed, in admin. Simply being in admin is not a justification. 

I'm not sure you understand what i said. Administration is irrelevant. You might want to read said rules you are referencing. They can expel a member for multiple reasons as long as it is agreed at one of their AGMs or emergency meetings. You don't have to be in administration to have your membership revoked.