The Administration Thread

Boycie

I've kept quiet on this as thought best to see how things play out. 

One thing a lot of people seem to be completely forgetting on this, is that contracts have been exchanged, conditional on the ground sale.

Therefore, unless it is the ground sale that stops the transaction from progressing, CK is on the hook.

Not sure why anyone thinks he would exchange contracts if he did not have the money to back it up.

Out of interest, to anyone that has spent the day abusing CK, how will you now react to him if the purchase goes ahead?

1 minute ago, I know nuffin said:

If the funds are there would have thought it would be run very quickly just like running a pay role. Q have had plenty of time to get a database in place with name, bank code,account number and amount. Gone in seconds

I'm assuming that crypto currency takes longer to check than real money (even if its greek drug money)?

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think that's a wee bit harsh.

It's not like he's gone with a story without it having some meat on the bones, after all.

As of this moment, nothing official has been forthcoming, he may yet have nailed it or not?

Pity he didn't wait until he got something off the major players rather than rush in at 7am to get the scoop. Been up all night but I wonder who he was speaking to with CK over here, Rooney,Cook and the agent in the UK. 

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Pity he didn't wait until he got something off the major players rather than rush in at 7am to get the scoop. Been up all night but I wonder who he was speaking to with CK over here, Rooney,Cook and the agent in the UK. 

Mike Ashley's best mate.

The ed talked to the person close to the club who Ashley's best mate had been talking to.

Oh, and Ashley's best mate also told Ed that Mike has £28m quid in a bank account ready to move.

CKs mate told Nixon it was anti money laundering checks.

Q eventually felt they had to say they'd do something, so they said they'd probably remove CKs exclusivity if he doesn't come up with some actual money.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow just how long Q are still willing to give cK.

3 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Been at work and nothings in the update thread. Have we been bought or not? Do I drink to celebrate or commiserate?

It was looking like commiseration but now celebration might still be on the cards.

So nothings changed apart from Ed signposting disaster this morning and now it might not be that bad because reports are his funds have now arrived. 

Not done but closer 

3 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Been at work and nothings in the update thread. Have we been bought or not? Do I drink to celebrate or commiserate?

It's been a very quiet day.

Chris Kirchner's bid might, or might not have collapsed. That might or might not be the fault of the fans. His funds have either cleared or they haven't. He might be in Barhain or London.

Mike Ashley might or might not be about to swoop in with a bid which might or might not be for £28m and might or might not include the stadium. It might or might not be enough to avoid a points deduction.

The stadium itself might or might  not be owned by Mel Morris, or it cloud be Clowes or even a Clown.

Rooney might or might not have funded last months wages. We might or might not be about to sell some season tickets. 

The EFL might or might not allow us to start next season still in adminstration. 

And it's mainly Mel Morris's fault.

59 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Who’s played him as a fiddle?

I know Ed isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, he’s not really mine and I’ll criticise him where it’s appropriate, but today he did the right thing and it’s fair to give him credit where it’s due. Kirchner might not like it, Nixon might not like it but they were both sat on the information as to why the takeover had hit a snag, but because it didn’t suit their versions they were keeping quiet. 

Ed went OTT with his morning message yes, and it was classic Dawes, but because he did Nixon came out giving us what he knew all of a sudden. Simon Stone was tweeting to add pressure on. White and Jordan at the very least gave it national coverage and did speak to Kirchner. Dan Roan chased Kirchner across a well kept field! By midday at least the fans could paint a picture of what was happening and get a clearer view. How many times can we say we’ve been given that over the last 18 months. It’s not about good or bad news, it’s that we had a right to know what’s going on. Look on here today, no huge dramas or too much gloom, we chatted, debated and had a bit of a laugh about what was happening because at least we had a good idea what was happening. Imagine if we’d had another day of silence whilst Kirchner played golf, the fans deserved to know what was happening. 

Ed started to pull back a little after lunch, and so did Radio Derby on their news bulletins until sportscene. There Ed said pretty much everything he knew at that point, which was a changing story and that Ashley and Appleby were now in the background. 

He did well today and it gave the fans a clearer picture. It’s only right that we give credit where it’s due.

I'm confused here. When did Dawes make his leading statement? I am unsure when he officially said it. Because I know Nixon made his comments this am, well over 15 hours ago, and then continued to update people that nothing has changed all day long. To which, as we come to find out at the end of the day...nothing has changed. The money is being looked at for its provenance, as Nixon reported this morning.

Nixon made his comment early in the morning, then stood by it all day, stating nothing is really amiss here. It is another hurdle to over come. 

Dawes, made his inflammatory statement this morning that the whole deal is collapsing (based on the same details). Then decided to walk that statement back with a comment/tweet tonight, stating that he has been informed that maybe everything is still ok. 

How, with the two above approaches, are you possibly of the position to say Dawes is correct, or even close to being a leveled journo on this topic?