The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Who’s played him as a fiddle?

I know Ed isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, he’s not really mine and I’ll criticise him where it’s appropriate, but today he did the right thing and it’s fair to give him credit where it’s due. Kirchner might not like it, Nixon might not like it but they were both sat on the information as to why the takeover had hit a snag, but because it didn’t suit their versions they were keeping quiet. 

Ed went OTT with his morning message yes, and it was classic Dawes, but because he did Nixon came out giving us what he knew all of a sudden. Simon Stone was tweeting to add pressure on. White and Jordan at the very least gave it national coverage and did speak to Kirchner. By midday at least is the fans could paint a picture of what was happening and make our decisions. Look on here today, no huge dramas or too much gloom, we chatted, debated and had a bit of a laugh about what was happening. Imagine if we’d had another day of silence, the fans deserved to know what was happening. 

Ed started to pull back a little after lunch, and so did Radio Derby on their news bulletins until sportscene. There Ed said pretty much everything he knew at that point, which was a changing story and that Ashley and Appleby were now in the background. 

He did well today and it gave the fans a clearer picture. It’s only right that we give credit where it’s due.

Nice take

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So here’s my day - I awoke Reading lots of concerning stuff on here I managed to cut the grass then I read more interpretations of that information on here followed by a nap , to be followed by the end of the world interpretation of our prospective owner trying to finish his round of golf with two superstars of the golf world. I then went for a curry with a cobra ( and the wifey) then I read more doomsday followed by we might soon have a new owner - I do love my Derby County 

Wouldn't have a cobra out to have a curry..

...have to adder nother seat to the table 

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So here’s my day - I awoke Reading lots of concerning stuff on here I managed to cut the grass then I read more interpretations of that information on here followed by a nap , to be followed by the end of the world interpretation of our prospective owner trying to finish his round of golf with two superstars of the golf world. I then went for a curry with a cobra ( and the wifey) then I read more doomsday followed by we might soon have a new owner - I do love my Derby County 

How do you know Gary Rowatt?

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Who’s played him as a fiddle?

I know Ed isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, he’s not really mine and I’ll criticise him where it’s appropriate, but today he did the right thing and it’s fair to give him credit where it’s due. Kirchner might not like it, Nixon might not like it but they were both sat on the information as to why the takeover had hit a snag, but because it didn’t suit their versions they were keeping quiet. 

Ed went OTT with his morning message yes, and it was classic Dawes, but because he did Nixon came out giving us what he knew all of a sudden. Simon Stone was tweeting to add pressure on. White and Jordan at the very least gave it national coverage and did speak to Kirchner. By midday at least is the fans could paint a picture of what was happening and make our decisions. Look on here today, no huge dramas or too much gloom, we chatted, debated and had a bit of a laugh about what was happening. Imagine if we’d had another day of silence, the fans deserved to know what was happening. 

Ed started to pull back a little after lunch, and so did Radio Derby on their news bulletins until sportscene. There Ed said pretty much everything he knew at that point, which was a changing story and that Ashley and Appleby were now in the background. 

He did well today and it gave the fans a clearer picture. It’s only right that we give credit where it’s due.

Dawes looks a berk. Under no circumstances can the sort of rumour mongering he indulged in be described as 'journalism'. Start with some headline rumour, quote 'sources', then spend the next few hours basking in the limelight whilst busily rowing back.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Dawes looks a berk. Under no circumstances can the sort of rumour mongering he indulged in be described as 'journalism'. Start with some headline rumour, quote 'sources', then spend the next few hours basking in the limelight whilst busily rowing back.

I think that's a wee bit harsh.

It's not like he's gone with a story without it having some meat on the bones, after all.

As of this moment, nothing official has been forthcoming, he may yet have nailed it or not?

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think that's a wee bit harsh.

It's not like he's gone with a story without it having some meat on the bones, after all.

As of this moment, nothing official has been forthcoming, he may yet have nailed it or not?

It's modern 'journalism' - splash a headline you don't have to stand by. Just be the first.

You only have to look on here to see the effect it had. People simply believed him, started new rumours, which got believed and so on.

All the time he and his employer are tweaking the story because it might not be true - it's 'developing'. 

The approach is rubbish. Not Dawes' fault as such but he yums it up.

1 minute ago, sage said:

As I understand it, Quantama announced they WOULD end the exclusivity period, not that they HAVE.

The money may have cleared in time to stop that process.

To be fair Quantuma didn’t announce anything (ha ha), journalist said they would remove the exclusivity.  But, like you’ve said, if the latest news is correct and CK’s money has cleared then that shouldn’t happen.

Hopefully, we can now get some positive confirmation in the next couple of days.

46 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Firstly, good Twitter work! ?

Re Kirchner's reaction - I did theorise something similar earlier re the extended crypto origin check but If the only hold up was the MLC then its a fairly simple answer to Dan Roan & lets face it, not actually his fault. Obviously we all act differently under stress but his manner seemed to be either dismissive or evasive, very at odds with his transparent style on Twitter - which makes me wonder if there is another problem.

To be fair it could also be embarrassment at being pursued whilst playing a round with world class golfers (or like you say just shocked at hearing the loss of his exclusivity whilst there). In the absence of actual information & in the midst of a media rumour storm, this is where the speculation goes into overdrive - something I imagine he wouldn't really want.

My wife who has worked in politics, alongside various MPs, called what happened to Kirchner as "doorstepping".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doorstepping

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Also, funds being released by the money police (if that's the case) they still need to make their way to creditors etc.

If the funds are there would have thought it would be run very quickly just like running a pay role. Q have had plenty of time to get a database in place with name, bank code,account number and amount. Gone in seconds