The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

That's what I'm getting at. 

Why, aren't other owners doing the same so they can bankroll clubs? 

Presumably because they want the loans repaying if there's ever the funds to do so (PL money). 

Dont see any issue with this update. Team Derby said a PB selected end of the week, current update still falls in line with that, final bids Friday with bids assessed over the weekend with a PB selected before going to the EFL early next week to see if they approve.

I know the bid deadline was a while ago but Quantuma have mentioned other interested parties too, so we cant dismiss them if their bid ends up the best so I would expect current bids have been assessed or maybe requested to be re-done meeting a certain structure of bid, then assess them and/or any new bids too.

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t the deadline for bids supposed to be almost a month ago now? Quantuma make it up as they go along

I’m guessing none of the bids met the money they wanted and there was late expressions of Interest so they’ve more than likely extended the bid deadline to see if anyone one can reach the amount to exit admin cleanly. This is just my guess of course. I do wonder why in Percy’s article few weeks back they were going to announce Ashley as PB but the. It fell through 

All sounds like drivel to me. 

We had updates a-plenty saying final bids had been sought by date x, 

Then bids were being assessed over a week or two. Which was a bit complicated because the bids were, astonishingly, different. 

Now we're back at seeking final bids? 

So if quantuma have been honest all along, then on what basis are they now asking for new bids? 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Presumably because they want the loans repaying if there's ever the funds to do so (PL money). 

If that's the case then owners wouldn't be looking so closely at the rulebook to find means such as amortisation policy or selling stadiums to get more funds into the club. It's far too easy to loan a club the money and then write it off, or recoup if successful getting to the PL. It surely can't be that simple under ffp? 

Edited by Big Bad Bob

My take on this never ending saga= 1. Mel put us in administration. 2. Mel picks the administration company. 3. Mel did'nt like Kirchner's bid. 4. Mel thought the Binnie brothers bid was crap. 5. A few weeks ago, the administrators were going to announce Ashley is the preferred bid but Mel's not happy with the amount of money on the table.

Tell me I'm wrong somebody (Mel's still pulling the strings)

4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

My take on this never ending saga= 1. Mel put us in administration. 2. Mel picks the administration company. 3. Mel did'nt like Kirchner's bid. 4. Mel thought the Binnie brothers bid was crap. 5. A few weeks ago, the administrators were going to announce Ashley is the preferred bid but Mel's not happy with the amount of money on the table.

Tell me I'm wrong somebody (Mel's still pulling the strings)

You’re wrong.

We’re both guessing 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

All sounds like drivel to me. 

We had updates a-plenty saying final bids had been sought by date x, 

Then bids were being assessed over a week or two. Which was a bit complicated because the bids were, astonishingly, different. 

Now we're back at seeking final bids? 

So if quantuma have been honest all along, then on what basis are they now asking for new bids? 

Rightly or wrongly I have assumed that Q know that none of the bids will pass muster so after a kind of 'Best and Final Offer' appeal to any and all bidders and interested parties they have wrung every last drop they can out of this with view to saying - here you go, this is the best we can do. I can't in truth see a bid ticking enough boxes without MM doing something unexpected.