The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think I called this earlier in the week. Select bidder in private then EFL then announcement, if we don’t hear of any significant progress or an unforeseen EFL curveball in the next 2 weeks then any shred of remaining credibility Q have left will be gone.

Look all of this will take time.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Nice move by Team Derby in my opinion, they enforced the admins to come out before the end of the week and give the fans an actual timeline.

Wonder whether in recent weeks Q have been working to get bidders bidding on the same basis.    And whether this week at least 2 PBs are rebidding on that basis. 

It’s taken far too much time 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I suppose that’s possible and I really hope it is.

None of us know for sure .

We will just have to be patient mate 

At least we know what is going off  now but I still think they got wind of a protest against them so they throught we better get on with this before it gets nasty.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

As I understand it, FFP is all about profit and loss not assets and liabilities. So, you could have a massive debt but, provided you are able to service it, it's OK for FFP/P&S. Even better for FFP/P&S if the lender just writes it off.

With regard to selling the stadium to yourself, I guess the big difference between us and Stoke is that either their owners are far wealthier or far more generous that Mel. By buying the stadium owners still retain some kind of asset rather than just writing off a loan but, hasn't that loophole now been closed?

I still don't get it. In my simple head, Stoke have been making a loss and have taken loans to service the accrued debt (or to put equity into the club). The loans have now been waived so wiping out their debt. If it was a simple as that to meet FFP rules, there would be plenty of clubs doing it and not having to come up with creative means to 'stay within' FFP rules.

The wealth of the owners of the (Mel vs Bet365) is irrelevant. The point still stands. Will the £120m be included in the rolling three year FFP cycle?

Just now, Big Bad Bob said:

I still don't get it. In my simple head, Stoke have been making a loss and have taken loans to service the accrued debt (or to put equity into the club). The loans have now been waived so wiping out their debt. If it was a simple as that to meet FFP rules, there would be plenty of clubs doing it and not having to come up with creative means to 'stay within' FFP rules.

The wealth of the owners of the (Mel vs Bet365) is irrelevant. The point still stands. Will the £120m be included in the rolling three year FFP cycle?

You're missing the point.

The write off of loans or conversion of loans into equity is specifically excluded from the FFP calculations.

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

You're missing the point.

The write off of loans or conversion of loans into equity is specifically excluded from the FFP calculations.

That's what I'm getting at. 

Why, aren't other owners doing the same so they can bankroll clubs? 

6 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Sorry. I see what you mean.

I guess it all comes down to how much of their losses for 2020/21 they can attribute to Covid but, from what I can see, their 2019/20 accounts showed a staggering loss of £88m