The Administration Thread

Boycie

I wonder if we would be allowed to start next season still in adminstration? We would not be allowed to start 2 seasons in adminstration, but that wouldn't be the case.

It would obviously need the EFL to loosen the embargo, but if they allowed us to sign free agents and feeless loans upto a certain wage, maybe £3.5 k per week, we ought to be able to cobble together a squad for League 1. Maybe a wage bill of £8m? That should be covetable with our income from walk up tickets - assuming not allowed to sell STs, and TV money.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but better than liquidation if there is a bid still being negotiated. 

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if we would be allowed to start next season still in adminstration? We would not be allowed to start 2 seasons in adminstration, but that wouldn't be the case.

It would obviously need the EFL to loosen the embargo, but if they allowed us to sign free agents and feeless loans upto a certain wage, maybe £3.5 k per week, we ought to be able to cobble together a squad for League 1. Maybe a wage bill of £8m? That should be covetable with our income from walk up tickets - assuming not allowed to sell STs, and TV money.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but better than liquidation if there is a bid still being negotiated. 

Oh goody. You think this untold misery could go on to at least August.

stephen king pain GIF

30 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I was thinking if we could pay players on new contracts up to 4.5k a week at least we could retain services of the likes of Allsop, Morrison and Stearman. All who would be great players in league one.

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We will, but only if the administrators convince the EFL that the takeover will be completed within the allowed time period (mid-March 2023).
If a PB is to be selected this week, the takeover should be complete before the end of June so it shouldn't be much of an issue. 
On contracts, the EFL shouldn't allow us to sign anyone until we prove we can complete the season (ie takeover completed). However, I hope the EFL show some common sense and allow us to enter contract discussions with players currently at the club before the end of May, if things look to be completed soon.

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What are expressions of interest !

1. I hope you know CPR, because you just took my breath away!

2. So, aside from taking my breath away, what do you do for a living?

3. I ought to complain to Spotify for you not being named this week’s hottest single.

4. Are you a parking ticket? ‘Cause you’ve got ‘fine’ written all over you.

5. Your eyes are like the ocean; I could swim in them all day.

6. When I look in your eyes, I see a very kind soul.

7. If you were a vegetable, you’d be a ‘cute-cumber.’

8. Do you happen to have a Band-Aid? ‘Cause I scraped my knees falling for you.

9. I never believed in love at first sight, but that was before I saw you.

10. I didn’t know what I wanted in a woman until I saw you.

16 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I was thinking if we could pay players on new contracts up to 4.5k a week at least we could retain services of the likes of Allsop, Morrison and Stearman. All who would be great players in league one.

That link to what it costs Middlesbrough to run their club was rather frightening

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/money-go-hidden-costs-running-15860716

The costs didn't look that outrageous - it was £9m per year to run the stadium & staff plus £6m for the training facilities/academy

& that didn't include paying the players

If we are in League One based on those numbers we won't be playing in next season without a new owner even if the players play for nothing

45 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Unless MSD plan on loaning us more and more money, I don't think the club has the funds to go beyond the end of the season, unless a new owner is found.

It would be allowed, but without proof of funding, there's not a chance.