The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'm more than a little disappointed I have to be honest. I've just seen I've ran out of milk and someone has fingered my butter.

However, the news about Clowes is absolutely fantastic. I wanted Ashley, but reservations about how our academy would fair. I would have been happy with Appleby, but reservations about his backers and how reliable it all is.

I know nothing about Clowes, but it just sounds right. He was willing to buy the stadium just to help move a deal forward, now he is willing to go one step further and take the lot.

As a fan (and not a fake one like MM), i feel/hope the stadium will remain Pride Park, the academy will remain as one of the best in the country and the future of the club will be secured. Also as a fan, he won't want to see his club in league 1 for long.

Sod the milk, I'm opening the Stella.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I know nothing about Clowes and have no inside information.

My gut instinct tells me that Clowes, if he rescues the club, is doing so out of love and duty for the club, and not to massage his own ego or reputation. 

I can get on board with him being a reluctant owner, a bit like someone becoming carer for a poorly relative and if it goes through and he owns the club, I hope sincerely that the toxic element of our 'fan' base either stay away or grow up.

I very much doubt the EFL would allow us to anyway, but I also instinctively feel that this is more about saving the club than splashing out on players and chasing a dream.

The club/team COULD find inspiration from any feel good factor from the terraces, so I hope that the fans give it.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's stepped forward in order to untangle this messy web of Administration/Quantuma/Morris with the intention of just getting things moving in the right direction on & off the field, reuniting the club & stadium, with a view to selling on to Appleby Group / Ashley / Morgan / Other within 12 months, if they represent a better opportunity for the club to progress.

1st worry: June wages are going to be paid.

2nd worry: the EFL don't think we can complete the fixtures and we're dead.

3rd worry: MMs diabolical scheming is going to lead us to liquidation.

4th worry: pride park is going to be the thing that kills the club.

That's 4 things put to bed over the last couple of days.

Still though, there's plenty enough to worry about:

We're still in the hands of Quantuma.

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ooops. ?

I said it was fake. It was obvious baiting regarding CK's love of Golf and Nadal! ?

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

All you FUDs knocking Nixon! He was right all the long..... wasn't he? Somewhere in his 3-2-1* Cryptic Riddles he said exactly this would happen

*3-2-1 was a bizarre TV show in the 1980s with Dusty Bin and Ted Rogers. It was surreal.

5 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Does the loan mean we can offer contracts to our soon to be out of contract players? 

Reading the full statement, I would say yes: "unique position to get the club ready for next season"

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I said it was fake. It was obvious baiting regarding CK's love of Golf and Nadal! ?

All you FUDs knocking Nixon! He was right all the long..... wasn't he? Somewhere in his 3-2-1* Cryptic Riddles he said exactly this would happen

*3-2-1 was a bizarre TV show in the 1980s with Dusty Bin and Ted Rogers. It was surreal.

In fairness there’s a lot of people we whinge about who have probably been proven correct, the problem with Nixon, derby5hire etc etc was how they were putting their info across on Twitter. 

What’s maybe an interesting part is the lack of Radio Derby info the last few days.

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

Edited by Mostyn6
typo