The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

The concourse outlets and catering was all outsourced to the company that does Wembley concourses. Delaware North. GSE wouldn't have had much say other than take whatever slice of profits they were contracted to as the club. From their own website, they've had it from 2008, which coincides with the GSE takeover. https://www.delawarenorth.com/venues/pride-park-stadium

On the Kirchner news, with him now being confirmed as the preferred bidder - can Radio Derby et al now get an actual interview with him to play out on air? Either if it isn't live or interactive, just to hear direct from Kirchner's mouth and not via "I spoke to him/advisors over Twitter" or likewise. You've been confirmed, now speak to us directly on the radio, answer some questions about the process from now and the future plans. That'll go a long way to getting everyone on side.

It doesn't have to be amazing, in depth, fielding callers questions but just a short introductory interview:

"Tell us about yourself"

"You businesses so far"

"Why derby county"

"Expectations, plans"

Just so we get a feel of the guy. I know some won't be happy with anything less than an absolute grilling but radio derby aren't going to get that.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

It doesn't have to be amazing, in depth, fielding callers questions but just a short introductory interview:

"Tell us about yourself"

"You businesses so far"

"Why derby county"

"Expectations, plans"

Just so we get a feel of the guy. I know some won't be happy with anything less than an absolute grilling but radio derby aren't going to get that.

'How much do you intend investing in the squad'?

On the tweet stuff, I couldn't care less. He was 23 years old when he made them and people forget how different the moral and political landscape was back then in terms of things like gay marriage. It was only in 2011 that polling first showed a majority supporting the idea in the US. Even now, you've still got polls showing 60% of people would be happy for their kid to marry someone of the same sex in the US. There appear to be 3 categories of people on this 1) opposition fans seeking to wind us up 2) people who recognise that 23 year olds are rarely the best when it comes to moral judgements 3) those who are either virtue signalling or unable to recognise context and complexity. I'd say sticking with the second category is the wisest move. 

On the actual sale, a couple of things concern me. The fact he was so quick to ditch Preston does bother me. It doesn't give a great impression of his character for me. Even though it's benefitted us, it does make me cringe slightly that he's just come back to our table. Second, it gives us a sense of how desperate the administrators are. They've made him a PB despite a very public falling out of the process of this bidder. He's not buying the stadium nor is it sounding like he'll be paying enough to avoid a 15 point penalty. That hardly sounds like he's putting in a very attractive offer but is more like the last man willing to buy us. 

My other concern is where does his money actually come from and how cash-rich is he? If he's borrowing to buy the club and fund it doesn't that raise additional questions as to what we're getting ourselves into? Simon Jordan claims he's worth 7 billion but it'd be interesting to know how he's come to that conclusion, after-all he also said Alonso had 'serious money'. I'm not particularly convinced by the bid or the man himself at this moment but if it's a choice between this and liquidation then really there is no real choice being offered. Hopefully, he'll surround himself with good advisors to help re-build the club and actually develop a relationship with the fans. 

19 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Great news we finally get a PB.  But why is it I still get wound up by the pathetic comms from the EFL.....

"...the EFL has been focused on ensuring that there is a long-term future for the Club."   Really? Love to see how.

"Now that the League has been advised of the preferred bidder status by the Administrators, we await details of the formal proposals and once in receipt, these will be reviewed in line with EFL requirements..."  Why do you have to say "now"? You're like a spoilt child.  Keep it factual.  "Following notification by the admins of the PB.....".  And how long will your review take?  Long enough to see us down with further points deductions and player losses?

"This process will allow us to understand what hurdles may still need to be overcome before matters can move forward......" Sorry?  After nearly 2 years you still don't understand the hurdles? Maybe read this thread - you'll possibly learn a thing or two. 

Really Snide remarks by the EFL. Look forward to hearing from Chris. But let’s not pile too much pressure on him to spend daft amounts.

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Let's be clear, you have no idea about the position of his finances and therefore should probably not speculate.

Indeed.

Lots scoff at Ashley making lowest bids, but that's what CK tried at PNE. So who knows what his bid for just the Club is. Especially as there's talk of being docked -15 points ie creditors would have got less than 25%.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It's actually nothing to do with the awful tweets, it's just an underwhelming gut feeling I have about him. I am not convinced he has the funds. I really hope that I am wrong.

The tweets thing makes me just think "brattish business bro" which might not be someone I'd choose to drink with, but doesn't necessarily make them incapable of running the club, or, growing up a bit.

I share the kind of gut feeling. We'll have to wait and see. 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The tweets thing makes me just think "brattish business bro" which might not be someone I'd choose to drink with, but doesn't necessarily make them incapable of running the club, or, growing up a bit.

I share the kind of gut feeling. We'll have to wait and see. 

Given his age at the time, I suspect it's more likely to be frat-boy nonsense.  Obviously no excuses etc.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Any mention of the £5m deposit upon being named preferred bidder?

Seems entirely absent.

I can imagine Q quietly dropped that stipulation as it was intended to fund the club through the season and the administrators got sufficient funding.

I can imagine a £5m deposit is a hefty chunk just for exclusivity with the EFL still to go "ah ha, we've decided this new stipulation has arrived"

I believe that was the original plan when they expected to announce a preferred bidder late December / early January and would have provided the funding for the rest of the season. As no preferred bidder materialised that £5m was plugged by further MSD funding instead. I doubt a significant deposit will be required now as we're desperate.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Any mention of the £5m deposit upon being named preferred bidder?

Seems entirely absent.

I can imagine Q quietly dropped that stipulation as it was intended to fund the club through the season and the administrators got sufficient funding.

I can imagine a £5m deposit is a hefty chunk just for exclusivity with the EFL still to go "ah ha, we've decided this new stipulation has arrived"

The £5M (non-refundable) deposit was just a red herring, which no serious bidder was ever going to pay.  However, the extra loans to see us through to the end of season, extra Q fees, (and quite possibly the Joz fee we received which hasn't gone to Poznan) will mean that the football debts may have increased by £5M.  The new owner will have to cough up indirectly.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Given his age at the time, I suspect it's more likely to be frat-boy nonsense.  Obviously no excuses etc.

You're probably right on that, but hopefully it's something that can be filed away as stupid young man behaviour he has learned from and doesn't reflect his genuinely held views.

For those with doubts, how vicious some Notts Forest and Leeds fans are on social media last night and today is a positive sign. Mel Morris as owner seemed like the dream ticket. If anything he has taught us to be rightly sceptical and cautious going forward. Anyone who seems willing to take us on enthusiastically with all the rubbish going on and us nearly running out of cash is welcome to me. So Welcome Chris. 

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I believe that was the original plan when they expected to announce a preferred bidder late December / early January and would have provided the funding for the rest of the season. As no preferred bidder materialised that £5m was plugged by further MSD funding instead. I doubt a significant deposit will be required now as we're desperate.

I wonder if he has had discussions with MSD being that he will move in the same type of circles.

22 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

......The fact he was so quick to ditch Preston does bother me. It doesn't give a great impression of his character for me.......

Have you not considered that maybe he was serious about Preston but after looking at what the'd get for his money, he considered Derby was the better option?

For all their history, Preston will always struggle to attract big crowds due to their location. If he could get them to the PL, they'd need heavy ongoing investment to stay there (in much the same way Wigan did). Conversely, Derby could be self-sustaining as a PL club and provide a far bigger re-sale value if he decides to cash in on his investement in the future....