The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

A few non-appropriate tweets from 10 years ago versus a bloke who treats his workers in utter disdain and even refuses to pay them when they go to the Toilet.

Literally nobody can say that Mike Ashley is a better human being.

This is the only reason Andy Appleby looked OK - he has some credibility with regards to his reputation with no dodgy previous issues as far as I am aware.

However - Lets be honest - just about every owner has past discrepancies of some type.

My bigger issue that he will come in here as the saviour, yet doesn't seem to have an issue with us potentially starting on minus 15. This is huge to me.

The EFL apply the rules 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If it matters to some out there I am hearing that there will be an announcement at 10-30 this morning - announcement of what I can’t say but I assume it’s relevant.

Either the formal announcement of the Preferred Bidder....OR

Quantumanana distancing itself from rumours about CK and lecturing everyone about how such gossip-mongering is unhelpful to their process

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

A few non-appropriate tweets from 10 years ago versus a bloke who treats his workers in utter disdain and even refuses to pay them when they go to the Toilet.

This is the only reason Andy Appleby looked OK - he has some credibility with regards to his reputation with no dodgy previous issues as far as I am aware.

However - Lets be honest - just about every owner has past discrepancies of some type.

My bigger issue that he will come in here as the saviour, yet doesn't seem to have an issue with us potentially starting on minus 15. This is huge to me.

I suppose it could be argued that the money he saves by taking the 15 point deduction could be worth more than 15 points if he invests it in the team? Seems a bit of a stretch but clearly we’re not talking about an insignificant amount of cash.

9 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

West Ham pay about £3m a year, Sheff Wed £1.5m Maguire on Radio Derby last night thought around £2m would be about the market price acceptable to the EFL. 

Why would a private rental agreement be anything to do with the efl? 

It will be between MM/MSD and ThePB/the club. The efl might need to be reassured that we have a ground to play in but that’s different from be able to approve the deal. 

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

versus a bloke who treats his workers in utter disdain and even refuses to pay them when they go to the Toilet.

Absolutely, a couple of years back my missus worked in community mental health and her patch covered Shirebrook where the SportsDirect warehouse is. Almost all of her caseload had worked there, or had family who worked there and the stories she heard were horrendous. Let's just say that the management there were only happy if you were whizzing about the shopfloor, doing your job at great speed. If they were able to help you deal with that, then they would do all they could to push you along

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

My (American) wife agrees with @one_chop  I struggle to get her to go to games because she says Derby fans don’t like Americans. 

Wow, OK, that is a genuine surprise. Really ? us ?

Sure, there are little things about pretty much every country that I'm not keen on (including America) but Americans as a group is surely far too wide a demographic to be lumping them all together in a negative way! My company was American owned for years and it never occurred to me not to like the folks as a group. Some were great people to be around and some less so, which is pretty much representative of all folks that you meet !

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I suppose it could be argued that the money he saves by taking the 15 point deduction could be worth more than 15 points if he invests it in the team? Seems a bit of a stretch but clearly we’re not talking about an insignificant amount of cash.

Good point. How many £M is the difference?

Arguably if the talent bought only recovered 10 (eg.) of the 15 points you are still better off?

49 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Why don’t we accept that CK is the PB and get behind him. Try and engage with him. May be ask some questions about his vision for the club and football related stuff rather than everyone getting their knickers in a twist about tweets from 10 years ago which he had recognised as being inappropriate.

This is it for me. What is his offer for the club and what are the implications of that and where does he (honestly) see us in 2 or 3 years time and how will we get there ?

It has become abundantly clear through this whole process that we are spectators to all this in every possible sense, so I'll just be focussing on what this all means in real terms for our beloved club whether it is CK, MA or someone else. Lets just hope it is someone though eh ?