Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

6 minutes ago, alram said:

hopefully the waste of time appealing in the first place hasn't cost us much money. Money that could have gone towards saving jobs.

The administrators job is to act for the creditors. They need to negotiate with EFL over a number of different things that will help to protect the creditors interest if it all falls into place... including bringing in a buyer for the club. 

These guys know what they are doing.

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The administrators job is to act for the creditors. They need to negotiate with EFL over a number of different things that will help to protect the creditors interest if it all falls into place... including bringing in a buyer for the club. 

These guys know what they are doing.

So you keep saying pistoldpete, to be honest i am not convinced the decisions they have made so far have been particularly good

10 hours ago, Yani P said:

On another note..my good lady wife has just had the phonecall from hospital telling her to come in to be induced for our baby number 3..(he was due 2nd Nov).

New life..exciting times..im hoping my club is healthy and preparing for a new life as well, one that my boy can love and enjoy as much as I have throughout my life.

COYR

Baby Joshua born just over an hour ago..Nice and healthy and the wife is fine too..couldn't be there as have 2 girls under 4 but they are excited..cheers for all the kind reactions..might find time for a beer ? 

17 hours ago, jono said:

Sure it is. And technically you were right in your post,  yet when it’s in print, you so often do it with a smart ass sneer that it gets people’s backs up.
A famous manager once said “The first rule of intelligence is to remember the other person isn’t stupid.”

If you think anyone of us, (even the most happy clappy gung-ho optimists) doesn’t realise we have a monumental never before achieved task then you do think we are all stupid ! We’re not - but we are supporters and need hope - however faint. 

It wasn’t meant to be a sneer post at all. I’m not trying to dismiss anyone’s hopes, just pointing out that this season and last season’s current standings are entirely different.

Our squad is weaker too.

We have a mountain to climb. I don’t think any manager would be able to keep us up currently so I wasn’t having a pot shot at Rooney. He isn’t to blame for our situation and league standing.

After years of the Championship, from a selfish point of view I feel League One could be a nice change. And let’s be honest, it will be nice to see winning football again. 

20 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Baby Joshua born just over an hour ago..Nice and healthy and the wife is fine too..couldn't be there as have 2 girls under 4 but they are excited..cheers for all the kind reactions..might find time for a beer ? 

Wow, the best news. Congratulations, daddy! 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

My son was born the day Tom Huddlestone re-signed for us, my missus was having non of it when I suggested we changed the name Charlie to Tom.

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

Wonderful news Yani. Very pleased to hear mum and Joshua doing well. Definitely time for a beer ?

11 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

I wonder who came up with the way we changed  amortization method we used. Certainly was not Morris as he is no accountant.

11 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes so perhaps he did - cant have been an accountant if it wasnt what we did the year before

From memory, FRS was only implemented in 2015, so I would imagine the new rules were discussed with the auditors at this point. 

11 hours ago, alram said:

hopefully the waste of time appealing in the first place hasn't cost us much money. Money that could have gone towards saving jobs.

Why didn't you say before?

10 hours ago, alram said:

So you keep saying pistoldpete, to be honest i am not convinced the decisions they have made so far have been particularly good

Any chance you could give us a brief overview of your experience of companies being in administration and how they were handled compared to ours, so we can get a bit of a feeling of what the administrators are doing wrong?

29 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Hmmm, every other club in the league also went through the pandemic. Difference is they hadn't gambled or tried to twist the rules.

Difference is most didn’t have a business plan based around a guaranteed £20m revenue from having spectators in the ground. And those that did were subsidised by parachute payments, or got promoted. 

30 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Hmmm, every other club in the league also went through the pandemic. Difference is they hadn't gambled or tried to twist the rules.

You’re conveniently ignoring the fact that every other club also had access to an £8M loan to help them cope with the impact of COVID….

9 hours ago, Yani P said:

Congratulations mate.  Expecting 2 hourly posts from you throughout the night night now.  ??