Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

We didn’t look like scoring loads of goals today did we? But we didn’t really look likely to concede.  Middlesbrough are a poohouse team and last season they would’ve poohoused a goal.  They didn’t.  We were the only team today that played some actual football so I’m not as concerned as I was at the end of last season.  Rooney has brought some life saving players in and to be fair, that’s what we needed this season.

I had us down for a loss today, but we looked ok, not promotion but ok. We might just survive the sh1tst0rm !

COYR!!!!!!!!!

If ever there was a game which demonstrated the value of Shinnie to the team then todays' was it.  Granted there were a couple of wayward passes but the number of ball-winning tackles and interceptions went a long way to stifling the Boro attacking threat.

Some of the criticism he's had on here this week has been laughable.

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It wasn't even a booking, he won the ball.

It was a super tackle. The fact that the ball went 50 yards down the pitch told you everything.

However, let us put petty rivalries aside and pray for their  number 7 who was so badly injured today, numerous times, that it will probably be the end of his career. The fact he kept jumping back up and smiling at the crowd must only have added to the intense pain he must have been feeling. 

Warnock’s teams never change do they. At least we had a strong ref who wasn’t fooled by it….oh…

32 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This comment taken from the BBC website by Warnock

"Phil Jagielka should have been sent off. I'm not sure the referee even saw it because he asked the fourth official, who said yellow card.

"When you look at it, the follow-through is horrendous. Jonny's lucky it hasn't snapped his leg. That's a red card any day of the week."

Anyone expand on this? or is Warnock still...well Warnock.

I assume has always Colin failed to see their left wingers high dangerous challenge on Byrne that the ref somehow thought was only a foul and nothing else. Plus the clear elbow that Jags took from the centre forward. 

The challenge he referred too was just that one player more committed to it than the other..... The reaction on the touchline got the decision plus the booking from a terrible official. 

Just got in and I'd have to admit that that was as uninspiring a game of football as I ever want to see.

Great to get another point though and defensively we stood strong although Boro posed as much of a goal threat as we did (other than Sibley's effort).

You have games like this tho,games you will quickly forget but if you can grab that point and get a clean sheet then its progress from conceding in the last minute.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

The referee and the idiot running the East Stand line were embarassing. There was one incident in the second half when I think it was Forsyth winning the ball with a good tackle, the Boro muppet went down - ref hesitated for a few seconds, looked to the lino for guidance, the lino was struck dumb, looked at the ref for guidance and the ref must have thought to himself 'I'd better make some sort of decision here' and awarded a foul against Fozzy.

Crazy where they get these idiots from.

42 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This comment taken from the BBC website by Warnock

"Phil Jagielka should have been sent off. I'm not sure the referee even saw it because he asked the fourth official, who said yellow card.

"When you look at it, the follow-through is horrendous. Jonny's lucky it hasn't snapped his leg. That's a red card any day of the week."

Anyone expand on this? or is Warnock still...well Warnock.

Bit hypocritical, seeing as it was probably Warnock that taught him to tackle like that. That's Warnock, though, wouldn't be the same if he didn't have a good moan about something. It's part of the entertainment you get with him.

Thought it was just a meaty clearance, myself.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The referee and the idiot running the East Stand line were embarassing. There was one incident in the second half when I think it was Forsyth winning the ball with a good tackle, the Boro muppet went down - ref hesitated for a few seconds, looked to the lino for guidance, the lino was struck dumb, looked at the ref for guidance and the ref must have thought to himself 'I'd better make some sort of decision here' and awarded a foul against Fozzy.

And all the time this was going on their player was laughing and grinning at our fans, fully aware of what a tool he was. He spent as much time turning and grinning at our fans, goading them, as holmes did the other week.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

image.thumb.png.7f1d514febf8810fe0643f33c71acd0b.png

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If ever there was a game which demonstrated the value of Shinnie to the team then todays' was it.  Granted there were a couple of wayward passes but the number of ball-winning tackles and interceptions went a long way to stifling the Boro attacking threat.

Some of the criticism he's had on here this week has been laughable.

It’s only when he is not picked the penny will drop

35 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

We didn’t look like scoring loads of goals today did we? But we didn’t really look likely to concede.  Middlesbrough are a poohouse team and last season they would’ve poohoused a goal.  They didn’t.  We were the only team today that played some actual football so I’m not as concerned as I was at the end of last season.  Rooney has brought some life saving players in and to be fair, that’s what we needed this season.

I had us down for a loss today, but we looked ok, not promotion but ok. We might just survive the sh1tst0rm !

COYR!!!!!!!!!

Bring on Tuesday .......fingers crossed 

18 minutes ago, KBB said:

And all the time this was going on their player was laughing and grinning at our fans, fully aware of what a tool he was. He spent as much time turning and grinning at our fans, goading them, as holmes did the other week.

Not sure why Holmes was like that, thought he was well received at Derby and didn’t hear any negative chanting.

14 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Not sure why Holmes was like that, thought he was well received at Derby and didn’t hear any negative chanting.

He was getting a bit of stick and a few boos early on. He kept doing the "crying" gesture to our fans and turning and laughing and coming back with comments (which he is perfectly entitled to do(, he seemed to spend most of the game trying to save face and "out banter" our fans.

40 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The worst thing is that it was actually a foul on Fozzy, he caught there guy flat footed and nipped i  to take the ball off him, their player stuck a leg out and tripped Fozzy.

Ref blew up, realised he had no idea why he had blown so asked the linesman what had happened.

Don't usually slate refs but he was poor and was conned time after time today, by players from both teams. 

The foul given against Byrne when their guy tried the silly salmon was ridiculously embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The worst thing is that it was actually a foul on Fozzy, he caught there guy flat footed and nipped i  to take the ball off him, their player stuck a leg out and tripped Fozzy.

Ref blew up, realised he had no idea why he had blown so asked the linesman what had happened.

Don't usually slate refs but he was poor and was conned time after time today, by players from both teams. 

The foul given against Byrne when their guy tried the silly salmon was ridiculously embarrassing. 

I'm loath to criticise refs,they have a difficult job but he was absolutely useless today as was the east stand lino.

After that, I only have one issue - why would you travel all that way to come and watch that? And yet it looked like Middlesboruogh had sold out their allocation. Just why?  Unless it is to get out of Middlesborough for a day.

I didn't realise that Colin has two faces, but he let them both show today when he was bellowing for Jagielka to be given a red card. After all the tricks he has got up to in his career, and all the tricks he has taught his players to put into practice, how could he? Unless having seen the ref give a free-kick when one of his own players tripped a team-mate up and got the free-kick he thought he could get anything he wanted out of the match officials. 

I had quite a a numerously endowed amount of pre-match "refreshments, and went into the ground not worried about the result. Actually that's how I woke up, and like most fans, all i wanted was for the players to turn up and have a go. Whether or not the EFL, in all their machinations, have fostered an 2us against the world" mentality or not, the whole squad seem united together and simply won't lie down. As Wayne and many on here have said, we would have lost that match only a short time ago. Apart from Roos saving our bacon a few times, and them hitting the bar, apart from the last 20 minutes they weren't any bother at all. There was only one team playing football.

One thing I am glad about is that we haven't resorted to trying not to lose, and to faffing about at the back all match. Wherever we could we were on the front foot, and there was even less passing defender to defender than against Hull. Well done Wayne for finding the key to unlocking the team's ability. A major plus is seeing Bird playing where he should be playing, and playing how he should be playing. And above all, we have shown that we can compete against thug football, which we had no idea of how to cope with only a few months ago!

OH. And more baffling thing: why wouldn't Middlesborough allow the ref to have his squad number on the back of his shirt like all the other Boro players?

Having witnessed a display  by the ref up there with some of the worst I have seen..... Why am I not surprised by this

"Warnock praised referee Andy Davies.

He said: “I thought he had a good game today. I thought he was super today. Best referee we’ve had for a long time. I told him that after, I said ‘don’t be shocked’."

Edited by Rambalin