Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This comment taken from the BBC website by Warnock

"Phil Jagielka should have been sent off. I'm not sure the referee even saw it because he asked the fourth official, who said yellow card.

"When you look at it, the follow-through is horrendous. Jonny's lucky it hasn't snapped his leg. That's a red card any day of the week."

Anyone expand on this? or is Warnock still...well Warnock.

It wasn't even a booking, he won the ball.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Quite sad to see a club with such rich sporting history looking likely to plummet through the leagues.

I'm now in my mid 60s, Got a couple of Red Dog mates, They told me that they won the European Cup twice in the late 70s and early 80s...is this true or are they just making it up?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"Phil Jagielka should have been sent off. I'm not sure the referee even saw it because he asked the fourth official, who said yellow card.

"When you look at it, the follow-through is horrendous. Jonny's lucky it hasn't snapped his leg. That's a red card any day of the week."

He’s such an a***

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

After everything warnock experienced alongside jagielka in their careers he should be ashamed of how he conducted himself today.

Despite his wwe striker elbowing jags and splitting his face open, pulling his shirt in every single challenge and then promptly falling over every time its jags who should be sent off.

Jags should be proud of how he conducted himself today. Warnock, who I used to have some respect for, can get ducked.

No wow factor.  No scintillating football.  No bombarding of either goal line... and yet, I came away feeling entertained, pleased with the performance, accepting of the result, and most importantly proud of the lads out on the pitch, and the fans in the stands.

Pleased the south stand didn't make Steve Gibson the centre of attention, and came home to check the other scores, and the league table.  All in all, a good day all round!

?

1 minute ago, KBB said:

After everything warnock experienced alongside jagielka in their careers he should be ashamed of how he conducted himself today.

Despite his wwe striker elbowing jags and splitting his face open, pulling his shirt in every single challenge and then promptly falling over every time its jags who should be sent off.

Jags should be proud of how he conducted himself today. Warnock, who I used to have some respect for, can get ducked.

That looked a red card on viewing.

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Jags has taken a poor first touch, chased it, got a clean tackle on the ball, but followed through and hit his man. Foul, certainly in this day and age. Yellow? Possibly if the ref's feeling harsh. Red? Not in a million years Colin you colossal Bamford.

Roos: Looking more composed this season and made a great reaction save to keep the scores level. Suspect he feels more confident playing behind Jags and Curtis and rightly so.

Byrne: Taking a while to find his best form but more positive signs today. Hasn't suddenly become a bad player, obviously and I think he's only a game or two short now.

Jagielka: Looked like he'd gone 15 rounds with Tyson. A suitable look for one who displays not only his class, but also his warrior spirit. Do we risk rotating the CBs to keep these lads fresh?

Davies: Same as Jags. Future Derby manager I reckon. Love him!

Forsyth: Playing his way back into some form after a rocky start this season. Thought he did well today.

Shinnie: Another player who has apparently not forgotten how to play football after all ? Excellent today, snapping into tackles and passing better than of late.

Bird: Looking back to his best. Having Morrison in the side is helping players like Max no end and it's showing. Another very good game. 

Morrison: Has played a lot of minutes for someone with so little game time recently, but understandably so, given his influence. A bit quieter today, but still so assured on the ball and critically did not lose his head when targeted by the knuckle draggers.

Sibley: Another solid outing if slightly less effective than against Hull. Seemed to lose concentration a little before being subbed.

Jozwiak: worked hard again but Boro defended against his threat well, though not always within the rules! 

Baldock: Worked really hard and made some good runs. His endeavour might have been rewarded had we shown a little more composure. 

24 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He's a funny old Bamford ?

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Roos: Looking more composed this season and made a great reaction save to keep the scores level. Suspect he feels more confident playing behind Jags and Curtis and rightly so.

Byrne: Taking a while to find his best form but more positive signs today. Hasn't suddenly become a bad player, obviously and I think he's only a game or two short now.

Jagielka: Looked like he'd gone 15 rounds with Tyson. A suitable look for one who displays not only his class, but also his warrior spirit. Do we risk rotating the CBs to keep these lads fresh?

Davies: Same as Jags. Future Derby manager I reckon. Love him!

Forsyth: Playing his way back into some form after a rocky start this season. Thought he did well today.

Shinnie: Another player who has apparently not forgotten how to play football after all ? Excellent today, snapping into tackles and passing better than of late.

Bird: Looking back to his best. Having Morrison in the side is helping players like Max no end and it's showing. Another very good game. 

Morrison: Has played a lot of minutes for someone with so little game time recently, but understandably so, given his influence. A bit quieter today, but still so assured on the ball and critically did not lose his head when targeted by the knuckle draggers.

Sibley: Another solid outing if slightly less effective than against Hull. Seemed to lose concentration a little before being subbed.

Jozwiak: worked hard again but Boro defended against his threat well, though not always within the rules! 

Baldock: Worked really hard and made some good runs. His endeavour might have been rewarded had we shown a little more composure. 

70% of the Earth's surface is covered by water, the other 30% by Davies and Jagielka. Awesome today. 

Davies our next manager, yes please Sir!  COYR?

I am very happy .. a win would have been better of course, but you can see the younger players getting better, stronger and more resilient as each game is played. Watson and Stretton .. let’s face it they are boys .. looked effective and hungry off the bench. Watson is a terrier of considerable finesse. Jack got hugged every time he was near the ball but their temperament was excellent. Either could start and I wouldn’t worry about them being over run.

On to the game ! It was always going to be a tough one. Derby a bit short of front teeth playing a typical Warnock side full of gamesmanship ( AKA cheating ) and a ref who was so dim he couldn’t see it. … So, regardless of this, on the balance of play and chances, probably a fair result. ( That said I am wishing their No 7 an embarrassing stomach upset or something similar .. nasty little cheat who loved being being the east stands bad boy after he cheated his way to a throw in and a free kick ) 

Shinnie .. cover so much ground and fought so hard, Morrison is one of those players like Sherringham .. space just appears around him magically. He is going to be so influential. Curtiss and Jags together remove the set piece jitters. Bird continues to prosper as he now knows he doesn’t always have to be covering the back 4 and can look forward. Everyone else did a sterling  job full of effort. Sibbo and Joz are nearly there .. they just need a goal each, then watch them go ! 

South stand and fans in general … huge shift post Covid .. so much more noise and continuous support despite reduced numbers .. Great job, I am certain the players can feel it. 

Right then, who’s got an axe for some tree felling duties next week ?