Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Honestly mate. I can't remember. 

I just remember they ran into each other and he gave a free kick.

I can half visualise it, their two players went for the same ball, sort of sandwiched each other and fell over. The ref gave a foul their way.

Thought Joz was excellent yesterday. Worked incredibly hard , put tackles in, great attitude

He’s got amazing control and ability with the ball - maybe the other players should more often fire it directly into him , knowing he will control it and do something with it

So good to see him respond so well to a couple of not great moments in earlier matches - augurs very well indeed, especially when his mate gets back out on the pitch 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

According to the Boro board, Warnock was very complimentary to the ref after the game....cant think why.

When Warnock praises the ref you know the official has had a stinker. If he moans about decisions then there's a good chance the ref has got the big decisions correct.

The media portray him as a larger than life character and like the egotist he is, whatever he can say or do to live up to his image then he will.

28 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

When Warnock praises the ref you know the official has had a stinker. If he moans about decisions then there's a good chance the ref has got the big decisions correct.

The media portray him as a larger than life character and like the egotist he is, whatever he can say or do to live up to his image then he will.

He is always criticising the ref or an opponent to hide the truth of the awful reality of how his team just played - example this week ref at fault for giving his side a penalty sending an opponent off and giving an extra 10 mins to try for an equaliser and still blaming the ref because they lost to QPR - Derby Jagielka should have been sent off blah blah blah - no Middlesbrough looked fairly crap   

Although I enjoyed the game, Boro really are a horrible team made in the image of their Manager. So much feigning injury, leaving a foot (or elbow) in and gamesmanship (cheating). I really hope that we never, ever have Colin as our Manager.

I felt we mostly stood up well to their strong arm tactics, however the weakest referee that I can remember at PP didn’t help us at all. We did well in the first half and on the balance of play perhaps deserved to be ahead. However in the 2nd half Boro pressed us hard so a draw was probably a fair result.

For me Jagielka stood out a country mile, always talking to and organising those around him. We lack a strong but skilful 15/20 goal a season striker, dare I say it, of the Chris Martin type. It’s funny I was never a great fan of his but I reckon he would have made a big difference to us in the final third yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Anybody else think that Warnock protests so much because he's panicking about Derby complaining about this challenge.  Just deflecting.  Clear red x 2. How this was missed is obscene. What a bank set of officials.

ducking outrageous the ref ignoring it! Love how Jags kept hold of his man even as he fell. #COYR

What was i saying the other day about Graeme Shinnie leaving absoluely everything on the pitch , immense performance yet again from our reigning player of the season , would also like to praise the work rate of Sam Baldock , hes made a difference to our attacking play , with clever movement and blindside runs

Given the reputation Warnock has for wading into referees both during and after matches, it does make you think that the weaker officials are so intimidated by him and fearful that the ensuing publicity might affect their standing within the officiating structure that it affects their decisions.

I can think of no other plausible reason for Mr Davies's failure to take a firmer grip on the antics and thuggery of this vile Boro team.

One of my favourites was when their player was grabbing hold of roos in the second half when he claimed the ball and was looking to start an attack. Roos stopped and backed up into him and their player threw himself to the floor. God knows how roos managed to generate such power.....

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Given the reputation Warnock has for wading into referees both during and after matches, it does make you think that the weaker officials are so intimidated by him and fearful that the ensuing publicity might affect their standing within the officiating structure that it affects their decisions.

I can think of no other plausible reason for Mr Davies's failure to take a firmer grip on the antics and thuggery of this vile Boro team.

Just look at some of the YouTube clips of him when he was managing Sheffield United with the relentless chirruping at the linesmen especially which doesn't go over the line of being abusive but is persistent and incessant and very, very calculated.