Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

2 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Having witnessed a display  by the ref up there with some of the worst I have seen..... Why am I not surprised by this

"Warnock praised referee Andy Davies.

He said: “I thought he had a good game today. I thought he was super today. Best referee we’ve had for a long time. I told him that after, I said ‘don’t be shocked’."

I know. Loathsome stuff from Colin who clearly had the ref on strings.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Decent point. Take that against a Neil Warnock team every day of the week. 

Just a note on the commentary team, fantastic, brilliant to listen to Chris Coles rather than the smug boring Dawes and also really good to hear Charlie Palmer. 

I thought the commentary was terrible. Really didn’t enjoy listening to it. I only listened pre/post match as was at the game but that was enough. Palmer offered no more insight than a randomer dragged in off the street. However it is nice that the only whinge to have is about the RD team. 

28 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Decent point. Take that against a Neil Warnock team every day of the week. 

Just a note on the commentary team, fantastic, brilliant to listen to Chris Coles rather than the smug boring Dawes and also really good to hear Charlie Palmer. 

Coles much better than Dawes. Local celebrity that thinks the red carpet should be rolled out for him 

A decent point against a solid warnock team. I think especially after the second half they'll feel very unlucky not to have won. In the first half we went toe to toe and did a really good job. Bird and Shinnie did a great job controlling the ball and the front 4 provided an intermittent threat. Defensively, the big guy from wycombe we struggled with but generally we looked okay only giving away as much as they did. In that sense it was really pleasing to see us go toe to toe with a good championship team. 

Second half was pretty miserable; struggled to pass, struggled to defend and really struggled to do anything. It's only thanks to Roos, a couple of last ditch tackles and Boro's poor finishing that we got away with a point. I'm sorry but anyone thinking Stretton is better than Sibley for a prospect needs their head checking. He needs some time in the lower leagues for me before getting time here ideally. As soon as Sibley replaced we looked toothless and it only got worse once Baldock made way. I think watson made 0 impact and buchanan as a lw didn't work either. 

If Boro is closer to the skill of opposition we'll face week in week out it'll be a long season with little to shout about. A fair few people got carried away with 4 points from 3 games against relegation sides and we were very lucky not to lose today. I'd settle for 20th right now tbh over the course of the season and try to build from there. I'm not really blaming anyone it's just obvious we're quite bad and there's not much we can do about it. 

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Why???? I mean love the dramatic over reaction to whatever it was that appalled you but would love to know what it was....

It was so appalling that If you really needed an explanation, it was more appalling than I originally thought 

1 minute ago, Bianoic said:

It was so appalling that If you really needed an explanation, it was more appalling than I originally thought 

Seriously I have no clue what you are banging on about I've criticized no one but whatever. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

A decent point against a solid warnock team. I think especially after the second half they'll feel very unlucky not to have won. In the first half we went toe to toe and did a really good job. Bird and Shinnie did a great job controlling the ball and the front 4 provided an intermittent threat. Defensively, the big guy from wycombe we struggled with but generally we looked okay only giving away as much as they did. In that sense it was really pleasing to see us go toe to toe with a good championship team. 

Second half was pretty miserable; struggled to pass, struggled to defend and really struggled to do anything. It's only thanks to Roos, a couple of last ditch tackles and Boro's poor finishing that we got away with a point. I'm sorry but anyone thinking Stretton is better than Sibley for a prospect needs their head checking. He needs some time in the lower leagues for me before getting time here ideally. As soon as Sibley replaced we looked toothless and it only got worse once Baldock made way. I think watson made 0 impact and buchanan as a lw didn't work either. 

If Boro is closer to the skill of opposition we'll face week in week out it'll be a long season with little to shout about. A fair few people got carried away with 4 points from 3 games against relegation sides and we were very lucky not to lose today. I'd settle for 20th right now tbh over the course of the season and try to build from there. I'm not really blaming anyone it's just obvious we're quite bad and there's not much we can do about it. 

Wow. So completely different to my view

Boro very lucky to get away with a point. Many examples, but i would point to Louis’ shot when through on goal in the 86th minute

Stretton was absolutely brilliant when he came on and very nearly won it at the end. Even Boros monsters couldn't knock him off the ball. 

Watson always looking to get on the ball and we all know and could see Buchanans ability in the air and up the line

Could I respectfully ask - were you at the game today ? Derby County v Middlesborough 21 August 2021 ? That one ? 

6 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

That is seriously your problem , not mine, and I will not be engaging in any dialogue with you 

Hilarious seriously. I post a supportive thread about 2 of our youngsters and you find it appalling.. lol

Edited by Yani P

8 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

Wow. So completely different to my view

Boro very lucky to get away with a point. Many examples, but i would point to Louis’ shot when through on goal in the 86th minute

Stretton was absolutely brilliant when he came on and very nearly won it at the end. Even Boros monsters couldn't knock him off the ball. 

Watson always looking to get on the ball and we all know and could see Buchanans ability in the air and up the line

Could I respectfully ask - were you at the game today ? Derby County v Middlesborough 21 August 2021 ? That one ? 

Boro were lucky to get away with a point when they dominated the second half? The one where they had all the ball and an absolute free header at the back stick and a one on one that was diverted clear by a great tackle as well as at least two set piece and headed chances that they had. Seriously I'm all for optimism but not for delusion. 

Watson wasn't through on goal...  he had a chance at a shot from 16 yards that he shanked well wide and Stretton offered nothing except a rushed shot that was never going in. He looked out of his depth and the team dynamic changed a little once Sibley went off. 

Yes, just as I was at the Huddersfield and Hull away game as well as this one at great personal expense. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Boro were lucky to get away with a point when they dominated the second half? The one where they had all the ball and an absolute free header at the back stick and a one on one that was diverted clear by a great tackle as well as at least two set piece and headed chances that they had. Seriously I'm all for optimism but not for delusion. 

Watson wasn't through on goal...  he had a chance at a shot from 16 yards that he shanked well wide and Stretton offered nothing except a rushed shot that was never going in. He looked out of his depth and the team dynamic changed a little once Sibley went off. 

Yes, just as I was at the Huddersfield and Hull away game as well as this one at great personal expense. 

I know they are not always the best barometer but the stats would seem to indicate that a draw was a pretty fair result and that neither team was lucky to walk away with a point.

Screenshot_20210822-002416_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought it was a reference to Fry trying to cuddle him

Correct but obviously not according to the poster..he wants to find it appalling even after I explained my context.. 

Edited by Yani P