Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

23 hours ago, Crewton said:

I didn't find it turgid at all (except when Boro had the ball), I thought we played some attractive and incisive football, particularly first half, but I'll accept it won't go down as a classic. 

I found it far from turgid. It was absorbing and exciting and we had the added edge of Colin and the Perminator for added entertainment. 

30 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I found it far from turgid. It was absorbing and exciting and we had the added edge of Colin and the Perminator for added entertainment. 

Yes, I was never bored. A clash of two styles which could have been won by either side right up until the final moments.

And we should remember that I don’t think Boro had an effort from a set piece despite being a huge team. That says a lot about our defensive organisation. We just need to be a bit careful about who marks whom as Shinnie and Byrne often got left with much taller players.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, I was never bored. A clash of two styles which could have been won by either side right up until the final moments.

And we should remember that I don’t think Boro had an effort from a set piece despite being a huge team. That says a lot about our defensive organisation. We just need to be a bit careful about who marks whom as Shinnie and Byrne often got left with much taller players.

Absolutely. WR said Jags brings a calmness to us and that is palpable. What a transformation just by his mere presence. 

10 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I'll quietly pretend that I didn't say anything

Point remains that we have now seen a real threat from the fluency of Stretton, Baldock, Sibley, Joz etc. Add Ebosele’s directness and raw pace at 70 minutes and it’ll be a nightmare for defenders as they tire. He’s the sort of player who will change a game from the bench if he’s used early enough. Hope he’ll be our super sub this season

14 hours ago, Bianoic said:

Ref also had a real shocker 

But to be fair, it may not have been his fault. It appears refs have been given new guidelines to ‘allow the game to flow’.  Klopp and Solksjaer are going mad about it already

Strangely enough, the dirtiest, most physical teams with a mean streak running right through them ( put there by their manager) are immediately taking advantage .  As we saw yesterday. Would you believe Warnock actually praised the ref for having a good game. If anything sums up the shambles the refs are in, that does !  Likewise the anti-football attitude Warnock has to the game in general.

Its maybe sad to say, but the moment he calls it a day will be a good one for football

Any team with the ethics of Middlesborough have always had the referee’s blessing. I can remember ‘Boro a few seasons ago time wasting from the very start, and were maybe the first to have an injured player crawl back on to the pitch to stop the play. The ref came down on it hard and sent out a signal early on by booking the goalkeeper for time wasting ........... in the 95th minute. ?

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Any team with the ethics of Middlesborough have always had the referee’s blessing. I can remember ‘Boro a few seasons ago time wasting from the very start, and were maybe the first to have an injured player crawl back on to the pitch to stop the play. The ref came down on it hard and sent out a signal early on by booking the goalkeeper for time wasting ........... in the 95th minute. ?

Wasn't that Burnley?

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wasn't that Burnley?

Burnley under Eddie Howe were shithouses. 

Millwall was the first time I saw an injured player drag himself back onto the pitch and get the game stopped.

On 22/08/2021 at 09:24, BriggRam said:

I can't believe there are people that say they like Neil Warnock......hate is a strong word blah blah, but I genuinely hate the bloke and I hope he never ever ever works in any capacity with Derby County

All well and good mate but what we really want to know is how you feel about Jamie Paterson?

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Millwall was the first time I saw an injured player drag himself back onto the pitch and get the game stopped.

I remember that, they were openly time wasting for about 60 mins and the ref did nothing. Think we lost 1-0. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Of course that's exactly what CKR did at Peterborough. 7 of the 11 minutes added on were for his injury. We let two goals in during that time. If he'd stayed put we might have got the draw! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Of course that's exactly what CKR did at Peterborough. 7 of the 11 minutes added on were for his injury. We let two goals in during that time. If he'd stayed put we might have got the draw! 

I knew someone would bring that up!

He was genuinely injured though, while the Millwall player carried on to the final whistle.

13 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think that if you look at the personal details of their players, a majority are over 6 foot, with 4 or 5 of them being in excess of 6ft 3in. It was quite intimidating watching the players marking each other at corners and free kicks. It seemed that every one of the Derby players was marking a player much taller than he was. But credit to our lads, they handled it magnificently.

As a supporter and for anyone with knowledge of football and/or physics, it was obvious that Boro's strengths were going to be from free kicks and corners. Surprise, surprise, they went down like ninepins within 40 yards from goal and that idiot of a ref and his assistant bought every one of them. It was telling that Boro got so many yellow cards, all from cynical fouls which were the only ones the ref felt obliged to give to us.

Typical, nasty anti football from a Warnock side.