Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

Definitely feels like a bit of a siege mentality developing at the club right now and not just the coaches and players either. Might be a few less this season, but what our support may lack in numbers, they're certainly making up for with noise.

I'm still getting palpitations every time one of our players goes down, as the squad still lacks any depth, but I do feel that our starting 11 can at very least compete. I savaged Rooney end of season but will begrudgingly admit that he's got us playing a lot better now.

Soooooo..... Well done Wazza, well done the lads and well done the DCFC faithful. On we march.

COYR

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Definitely feels like a bit of a siege mentality developing at the club right now and not just the coaches and players either. Might be a few less this season, but what our support may lack in numbers, they're certainly making up for with noise.

I'm still getting palpitations every time one of our players goes down, as the squad still lacks any depth, but I do feel that our starting 11 can at very least compete. I savaged Rooney end of season but will begrudgingly admit that he's got us playing a lot better now.

Soooooo..... Well done Wazza, well done the lads and well done the DCFC faithful. On we march.

COYR

We had no players last season - we have players giving everything currently - nice to see 

Thought Boro had a plan and stuck to it, increasing the pressure with their higher line in the second half. Maybe Rooney could've kept on Sibley, as he was growing into game and everything threatening was going through him. Maybe he could've taken off Joswiak first. All in all a good point. Bird had a good first half. Davies good throughout.

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

Thought Boro had a plan and stuck to it, increasing the pressure with their higher line in the second half. Maybe Rooney could've kept on Sibley, as he was growing into game and everything threatening was going through him. Maybe he could've taken off Joswiak first. All in all a good point. Bird had a good first half. Davies good throughout.

He had had a shocking 10 minutes before they took him off, giving free kicks away, giving the ball away, turning his back on play. He will do good things and bad things and won't turn into a consistent performer overnight.   

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We had no players last season - we have players giving everything currently - nice to see 

I think it's the second bit that is the most marked difference. The players seem to know what they're being asked to do and are fighting for every ball right now. Most fans will accept the losses if the team is giving their best, but not so much when we roll over as we did far too much last season.

Given the current personnel and all the off field nonsense, I've no real complaints right now. Pleasantly surprised to be honest! 

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think it's the second bit that is the most marked difference. The players seem to know what they're being asked to do and are fighting for every ball right now. Most fans will accept the losses if the team is giving their best, but not so much when we roll over as we did far too much last season.

Given the current personnel and all the off field nonsense, I've no real complaints right now. Pleasantly surprised to be honest! 

This. Forest look like the team I thought we were, which is hilarious.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This. Forest look like the team I thought we were, which is hilarious.

Quite sad to see a club with such rich sporting history looking likely to plummet through the leagues....

Said no bugger ever ?

Roos - job done 

Byrne - better than of late 

Jagielka - Excellent 

Davies - excellent 

forsyth - dependable 

Shinnie - MoM 

Bird - good game - it will be nice when starts scoring 

Morrison - decent but tired second half 

Sibley - did ok but his ball control wasn’t as good and lost possession to much

Jozwiak - ok but he needs to shoot because he gets in the right positions 

Baldock - chased around 

subs - Stretton - battled well 

the other two didn’t get involved much 

This comment taken from the BBC website by Warnock

"Phil Jagielka should have been sent off. I'm not sure the referee even saw it because he asked the fourth official, who said yellow card.

"When you look at it, the follow-through is horrendous. Jonny's lucky it hasn't snapped his leg. That's a red card any day of the week."

Anyone expand on this? or is Warnock still...well Warnock.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This comment taken from the BBC website by Warnock

"Phil Jagielka should have been sent off. I'm not sure the referee even saw it because he asked the fourth official, who said yellow card.

"When you look at it, the follow-through is horrendous. Jonny's lucky it hasn't snapped his leg. That's a red card any day of the week."

Anyone expand on this? or is Warnock still...well Warnock.

Never forgiven him for getting Michael Johnson sent off years back