v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I love watching Festy Ebosele play. He's still pretty raw at times but he glides past players, he's so quick, strong and intelligent with the ball. This will be his break through season.

A very exciting player to watch. His made a few stray passes at the last moment, but he is still young. The pace and power is phenomenal, hopefully can only improve.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Great penalties. But a real bugbear of mine is seeing defensive-minded players take penalties. Don't get me wrong, J Brown, Shinnie and Forsyth stepped up and put them away comfortably enough.

But Sibley and Jozwiak are out attacking players. We're going to rely on them scoring goals this season. So why aren't they in our best five shooters from 12 yards? They could do with the confidence of scoring too, especially Joz.

Because Jozwiak strikes the ball with the power of a breadstick.

Would rather put time and effort into lads like Stretton than sign no mark Championship strikers with below average scoring records who will equally frustrate at times. Not a perfect performance but applied himself well and got into good positions, don't really understand the criticism. 

Good nights entertainment after a bad start, really good to see some performances from the younger lads. They need some help from better quality players in the long run, no doubt about that, but it'll be great to see them clock up some minutes this year if possible. 

Hopefully that'll build confidence in the team,we have a player in festy, love watching his running down the right, Watson played some dangerous balls to the front, defensively not so good is the only downer 

Well played ravel too, has he found a home ......

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

A very exciting player to watch. His made a few stray passes at the last moment, but he is still young. The pace and power is phenomenal, hopefully can only improve.

Yeah, agree with that assessment. At times his passing and crossing could be slack, but he is so young and hugely positive whenever he is on the ball. He is so talented at taking on players and offers something we desperately lack. I hope Rooney gives him plenty of opportunities this season, he looks like he has a lot to offer.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Great penalties. But a real bugbear of mine is seeing defensive-minded players take penalties. Don't get me wrong, J Brown, Shinnie and Forsyth stepped up and put them away comfortably enough.

But Sibley and Jozwiak are out attacking players. We're going to rely on them scoring goals this season. So why aren't they in our best five shooters from 12 yards? They could do with the confidence of scoring too, especially Joz.

Jozwiak wouldn't reach from 12 yards. 

His penalty would dribble like an old man's pee. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Would rather put time and effort into lads like Stretton than sign no mark Championship strikers with below average scoring records who will equally frustrate at times. Not a perfect performance but applied himself well and got into good positions, don't really understand the criticism. 

Good nights entertainment after a bad start, really good to see some performances from the younger lads. They need some help from better quality players in the long run, no doubt about that, but it'll be great to see them clock up some minutes this year if possible. 

Surely in the long run, these lads will BE the better quality players of which you speak.... ?

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

That’s what Rooney said. Then he brought on Shinnie instead of Morrison to take one…

2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I love the way once he’d settled into the game, he was always looking to play forwards. Very brave for a young lad to consistently do that, he never once hid.  Really promising.

We’ve missed a proper forward pass for a couple of seasons. I know he doesn’t land all of them, but at least he’s having a go. He’s learning as well - don’t get people on here slating him when he gets one wrong. Give the lad a chance. He’s one of our few central creative outputs.