v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

Derby County v Salford City

EFL Cup

Tuesday 10th August

7:45pm Kick Off

My first one so go easy on me.

We already know Allsop will play, our threadbare squad means we might not see wholesale changes. Morrison will surely start as may Sibley. The fear is with just Davies and Stearman as our only CB's are they up to the rigors of Sat/Tues fixtures. I can't see Cashin playing due to the professional standing rule and taking up a slot.

Wins breed confidence and we definitely need the income generated by going through to the next round.

Lets just hope Rooney doesn't try have another go at bringing dignity back to the club as he did when we faced the same opposition in pre season.

COYR

Edited by ollycutts1982

3 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

My team would be:

Allsop

Byrne  Cashin   Davies   Buchanan 

Thompson Shinnie 

Ebosele    Sibley    Morrison 

Stretton

This team is by no means weak but preserves some of our first teasers for Peterborough away.

Don't think we'll be able to play kids who aren't "of professional standing" just yet, as Rooney said post match on Sat. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derby County live - Wayne Rooney press conference - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

Squad will be the same as Saturday, the only player who is not classed as a player of 'professional standing' is Dylan Williams, the 17 year old is still a scholar.

There will be quite a few changes for the Salford game, quite a few young lads will start the game.

As far as I am aware Cashin isn't classed as professional standing as he hasn't made an appearance (league/cup) yet.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

As far as I am aware Cashin isn't classed as professional standing as he hasn't made an appearance (league/cup) yet.

Yes but as soon as he does the he then he will.

So say Derby sold Marshall for example.

We wouldn't be able to sign anyone else as Cashin would have taken that spot.

That's why he didn't come off the bench on Saturday.

Allsop

Ebosele Davies Stearman Forsyth

Hutchinson Shinnie

Jozwiak Morrison Sibley

Stretton 

I believe all of these count as professional players. I think it’s wise to rest where we can given our lack of a squad. Would like to keep Jozwiak in to build up confidence with hopefully a good performance against easier competition, but I think Wayne will go with Lawrence. Horrible to say but going out of the cups early this season wouldn’t be the worst thing, although I’m a strong believer in the momentum that wins can bring.

Allsop
Ebosele   Stearman   Forsyth   Williams
Bird   Shinnie
Sibley   Morrison   Hutchinson
Kazim

Subs: Roos, Byrne, Davies, Watson, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Stretton

Need to ease Stretton in so he doesn't break down straight away. Other players rested. Watson a potential starter at CM to give Bird or Shinnie a rest.

I hope they go at it and get a win.

I know we'll change the side a fair bit, but we're a club, squad, manager and fanbase who have all been starved of winning for too long.

We all know the League cup isn't going to be the big deal for us this season but I think a positive run in the first few rounds of the cup would be something to lighten the mood and might get is a payday against a big club (who think's we'll end up playing Man U or Everton in a totally random draw?)