Fans not from Derbyshire...

Born in Derby, lived in a house in Harrington street till the age of six then moved to South Wales. At the age of Nineteen, moved to Cape Town, South Africa. Been here almost 40 years and have always watched out for DCFC. Much better now that I can watch the odd game via RamsTV.

Born and raised in South London. No family or other affiliation to Derby at all. First game I was taken to by a Chelsea mad uncle was his lot vs Derby, presumably with the aim of ensuring I became a Stamford Bridge regular. Struck me that the Chelsea fans were properly grim though so I found myself cheering Derby instead. Stuck with them ever since and always will.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell ma’am. ?

Thank you, kind sir. Still recovering from a brain haemorrhage and now turned 80 means long journeys to Derby by myself are now off the menu,though my son and my stepson insist they’ll get me to PP again. My partner had hoped that having my brains scrambled might have helped me forget about the Rams - but I pointed out that it actually helped!

7 minutes ago, archram said:

Thank you, kind sir. Still recovering from a brain haemorrhage and now turned 80 means long journeys to Derby by myself are now off the menu,though my son and my stepson insist they’ll get me to PP again. My partner had hoped that having my brains scrambled might have helped me forget about the Rams - but I pointed out that it actually helped!

Well done archram. Wishing you all the best.

6 minutes ago, archram said:

This made me smile! Glad to hear you're on the mend. Hopefully the boys will twist your arm a little and get you back for the odd game at some point. 

Born and bred in the Swansea Valley. Fell for the Rams when watching highlights v. Spurs 69-70 season where one of my countrymen Alan Durban scored 2 goals and my namesake Kevin Hector scored 1 in a 5 - 0 win. At the time had not heard of the likes of Clough and Taylor or Dave Mackay or what was to come in later seasons. Only travelled a couple of times to the Baseball Ground but lost count how many times been to Pride Park. The last visit being in 2019 v my home club Swansea City. Always get to see Rams play at Liberty Stadium but always having to sit in home section. 

Born and bred within earshot of Elmdon (Birmingham) Airport. My parents never showed any interest in football so, as  a youngster, I followed Spurs like my older cousin. This continued to the age of 11, in 1970, when a London Spurs fan joined our class. He quickly became the gang leader and everyone became Spurs fans. I rebelled and conveniently Derby had the same kit and Dave Mackay, all I had to do, was to rip off my glued on cockerel badge on my white shirt, leaving behind the brown glue. I'm still friends with that Spurs fan and quite often see him getting on the train on the way to a Spurs match, when I get my morning paper.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, Derby were quite successful at the time and it was easy to get hooked, getting my first season ticket in 1973/74 season and only missing 3 seasons, due to work, about 42 years ago.

29 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Born in Coventry.

Dad moved from Courtaulds Cov to Courtaulds Spondon when I was 6m old...... etc....

(Courtaulds was called British Celanese at the time).

We came to Derby for Courtaulds too! 1974, when I was 5. A good time to find out Derby was my local team! We left in 1977 but my loyalties were fixed forever ... 

Born in London in 1938. Bombed out during WW2 and moved to Derby. Lived in Derby until 1959 and then moved back to London. Educated at Bemrose School and lived eventually in Littleover. First saw DCFC in a wartime game at the Baseball Ground and caught the bug. Have supported the Rams ever since. Held a season ticket for many years travelling up for games together with my son and grandson as time went by. I gave up the ticket and the travelling because of age ,a couple of years ago ( son and grandson still go, I’m pleased to say). However I keep in touch through RamsTV etc. I’ve experienced much pleasure and sorrow with the Rams over the years but it pains me to say that I have never experienced such frustration , anger and sorrow as I have during the last few years. Things can ,I hope , only get better. 

Born and raised in Mickleover. Junior season ticket holder from 1969 onwards in the newly built Ley Stand. Great memories with my dad. Moved to Wilts/Glos in 1984 with my job. Still down here, as married a Glos girl and all my kids are wurzels (and rams fans). East Stand season ticket holders with my wife who I converted from a Liverpool fan. Just finished refurbishing the family home in Mickleover after my dad passed away last year and we are keeping it in the family and renting it out. 

Born in Burton, grew up in N.W.Leicestershire but had zero choice supporting the Rams, my Derby born Dad and Grandad (and a few uncles) worked at Royce’s, made sure of that from the age of 5.

Moved away in late teens for near 12 years to South Wales, then various stints in London, South Africa and Oz coming back too often to watch the Rams, before ending back in N.W.Leics. So it was a relief to sneak across the S.Derbys border in my mid 30’s and having what I can now call Derbyshire home.

Gone full circle and my kids were also born in Burton but have had 4th generation sufferance inflicted on them, (they really had no choice either), the eldest commutes already from down south and so it goes on. He similarly moans, what have I done to him already......it’s in yer DNA youth!