Fans not from Derbyshire...

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Born Derby (Nightingale).

Lived in various places since going to uni.

Now exiled somewhere down sarf.

Always a Ram ?

Also born at the Nightingale, spent most of my younger years in Chaddo but also lived in regent street, Barlow street, ash Bourne road, spondon, borrowash and church broughton before escaping to Cheshire and then the USA. 
you can change your car, your house and your mrs, but you can never change your football team.

Born in County Durham today in 1959, moved to Nottingham in 1961 as my Dad was a miner had a neighbour who originally came from Ilkeston who took me to my first Derby match in 1971 under the great Clough and Taylor team and was hooked straight away, I was lucky to see 2 championship winning teams and European night's in the 70's. Then saw the decline in the 80's whilst Forest won the League and European Cup under Clough and Taylor. But even though I've lived in Nottingham since 1961 I could only ever support Derby. Come On You Rams. 

Was born in reading … not a million miles away from the old elm park

Born in Matlock Dad was stalwart Derby and it was only a matter or time before he migrated us back up towards the midlands .. unfortunately for me we only stopped back in Derby for a couple of years due to a bad house move so ended up in Nottingham but that didn’t stop me following him around the country watching my now beloved rams 

sadly now it’s a journey I have to carry on alone 

still never forget those early years back in the late eighties standing on a milk crate in the popside then the ritual of waiting no matter the weather for the green paper 

happy days 

Edited by NottsRam77

Born in Salisbury and support Derby because we had a black and white telly. It was 1975 and replica kits were not really a thing, so I ran onto the school pitch wearing my ‘England kit’ of white top black shorts and white socks and claimed the role of Kevin Keegan. The richer kids with colour tellies told me that I couldn’t be Keegan, England played in blue shorts, I was wearing a Derby kit. And that was that.  Could have been worse, could have gone for Bolton.

https://ramsreviewpodcast.wixsite.com/home/post/the-wrong-coloured-shorts

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Born in County Durham today in 1959, moved to Nottingham in 1961 as my Dad was a miner had a neighbour who originally came from Ilkeston who took me to my first Derby match in 1971 under the great Clough and Taylor team and was hooked straight away, I was lucky to see 2 championship winning teams and European night's in the 70's. Then saw the decline in the 80's whilst Forest won the League and European Cup under Clough and Taylor. But even though I've lived in Nottingham since 1961 I could only ever support Derby. Come On You Rams. 

Happy birthday!

12 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Born Derby (Nightingale).

That makes at least 2 of us then, I.E.

Born & bred in Derby.  Went to my first game with my Dad and my Grandad, who was a steward at the BBG.  That was 54 years ago.  Spent most of my adult life down South, where my kids were born and still live but made sure to bring them up in the proper way.  In fact, my son has forgotten more than I will ever know about the recent crop of players to grace the black & white shirts (of which he has at least 30 different ones).  I returned to Leicestershire to be nearer God's country some 8 years ago.  Now I have a grandaughter, I'm hoping we can recreate the 3 generation experience - but with me as the old fart!  COYR!

8 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Born in Mundubbera Queensland, dad was born in Derby but his mother abandoned him aged 2, and his brother while their father was fighting in WW2. They were put into a orphanage but when that was bombed they were sent to an orphanage outside of Melbourne. They were told they had no family in the UK. First heard of DCFC when they won the title in 75 and dad said that was where he was born. First went over to the UK in 2006 to start looking for relatives in Derby but as it was usually summer never got to a game. We moved over and worked out of London in 2014 and went to a Fulham  away game and got hooked with the atmosphere. Craziest time was flying over for 6 days for the Villa final.

Crazy story. Did you find any family and did your grandad survive WW2?

So as I said from Elton originally . I bet this means nothing to most but it’s a village if about 400 people in the middle of the County. All my family were Rams. Dad taken there by his uncle on a motorbike and side car in the 30s he even went to the 46 cup final. My first game 1968 against Millwall 1 0 Durban. Except for a period of playing instead of watching been going ever since. All brothers rams fans too but they don’t get to do many games as live to far away. 

Not Derbyshire, not Englandshire, south of France and somehow ended up in Derby.  I go by a simple rule whereever i end up, i go and watch the local team. Stafford Rangers, Leek Town, Port Vale (never lived in Burslem  but there was a cracking Balti nearby) and now the Rams. Never been accused of being a glory hunter. Having seen my country win the WC and Euros, seen Messi play and score, seen Iniesta, i just have one wish on the football bucket list, see the Rams win the FA cup, not bothered about PL, just the FA cup.

Born and bred in Blackburn, Lancashire but been a Ram all my life. My fathers family pretty much all hailed from the Derby area. Although my dad was a Ram it was more my uncle that steered me in the right direction.

It was tough as a kid keeping the faith as at the time we were on a steep downward curve and I would constantly get berated for not supporting my hometown team.

I'm currently successfully indoctrinating my young nephew the way I was. However, he is gonna face the same difficult choice as I did as a kid as we once again appear to heading into a period of decline. Hopefully I can help guide him to the other side. 

13 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Born in Lichfield, should have been a Wolves fan like my dad but my older brother briefly followed Derby after winning the Championship in 1975 (glory hunter!). Now live in Crewe and still can't shake the habit.

Similar story to me. I was born in Wolverhampton and grew up in Staffs too.

My Nan and Grandad used to watch Wolves in their glory days, and their son and grandson both supported Wolves too. The 80s were pretty dire times for Wolves though, down in the bottom division with no money and loads of violence. My Grandad had fallen out of love with football I think, so there was never much of a push to follow them. My dad loves football too, but never really supported anyone, and was also put of by what matches had become.

I think I had already picked up on Wolves fan's belief that they had a divine right to be the best team too. Maybe all teams have a bit of that, but it always felt a bit more self-entitled with Wolves.

Anyway, it wasn't for me, nor was supporting Liverpool who all other kids followed if not Wolves.

I think I was aware of Derby first through Simon Groom on Blue Peter. It was rare in those days for famous people to talk about a football team they support, so it must have stuck with me.

I used to like listening to football on radio, but West Midlands stations didn't do commentary from what I remember, plus they covered lots of different teams too. I discovered Radio Derby were mainly focused on one team and also had commentary of just Derby too. They also had Graham Richards too.

Combined with the promotion and success at the end of 80s, plus a sticker album and Dean Saunders, I got hooked.

My dad, and myself, played sport every weekend so little opportunity to get to any games.

Appropriately, my first game was at Wolves, sitting in their fans with orders to not give anything away. We won 3-2 with 2 late goals, and I imagined to keep a lid on it until we got back in the car.

I did see a Wolves scum walk pass a quite geeky looking fan in Derby shirt after the game and smash him in the stomach. My decision to support Derby was validated on every level!

Since those times I lived in Yorkshire, London and north of London. Got to games where I can, including lots of away games in the South East. Looking forward to taking my boys again to Pride Park, their last game was Leeds playoff first leg. A lot has changed since then!

Born in Staffordshire, I was initially forced to support Stoke, my family buying my kits etc but I was never that keen. When I was about 10 I saw the light and some of my friends used to go and watch Derby and I tagged along and was totally hooked.

Had a season ticket for a few years  during high school and college and used to go on the train from Uttoxeter. 

I have since moved to Wolverhampton and now Telford but always try and get to as many games as I can.