v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Oh right, I'm not sure how you can say a Bird-Shinnie partnership can work if one wasn't playing and it was what 2 years ago? Am just a little confused about that

To clarify, both Bird and Shinnie were playing in this game https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51693745 but I think the game you were referencing initially was this game https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54215087. Sorry about the confusion. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, I'm not saying a 2 man midfield can't work but the individual styles and attributes of Shinnie and Bird means they make a poor combination in that position. I do think tactically it was an issue last year too but the partnership of those two exacerbated this problem. I'd agree with you about the 4-3-3 except we lack a runner and a proper defensive midfielder really. 

Yeah I get the point you are trying to make and I'm not saying you can shove them in a two and call it good. You are right in a lot of regards they have conflicting attributes (the core one being that as players they likely thrive in two completely opposite playstyles). But I don't think you can solely look at them as a two because who is playing at 10 is often a critical part of that equation. Knight played 10 last year meaning that we had two busy players who didn't really want the ball making up the axis so it was trivial to set pressing traps around the midfield. With more of a playmaker at 10 or even just someone looking for the ball more and getting between the lines more I think a lot of the issue with those two as a midfield two dissapear in an attacking sense and I think to an extent I think we've seen this a little in some of the pre-season games. 

I see the triallists all look totally peed off and don't want to be there..... makes me laugh all the crap and Chinese whispers about them coming in not knowing what's happening after the comments last night! So many of you on here need to go and reread what you have been posting in the other topics then have a think before posting again at how stupid it all sounds

My point exactly @Ruud Aralliss, now go read some of the comments in the other topic resulting from stupid uninformed tweets.....

Spent half the afternoon reading utter garbage from several people on here reacting like school kids, then you see these pictures! 

Massive over reactions to comments rom last night that are twisted and end up in a tweet from one of the itk journalists, which just goes to show how little they do know. Thankfully there are plenty of sensible people on here also that have made several attempts to correct the knee jerk reactionists

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Yep, would seem so although how many and who isn't being revealed.  Test results expected tonight according to a couple of reports:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-lineup-vs-Derby-21236834 

They’re keeping it close to their chest, which makes sense for many reasons. Probably similar to our situation. Neither team can guess accurately how the other will line up.

43 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

My point exactly @Ruud Aralliss, now go read some of the comments in the other topic resulting from stupid uninformed tweets.....

Spent half the afternoon reading utter garbage from several people on here reacting like school kids, then you see these pictures! 

Massive over reactions to comments rom last night that are twisted and end up in a tweet from one of the itk journalists, which just goes to show how little they do know. Thankfully there are plenty of sensible people on here also that have made several attempts to correct the knee jerk reactionists

Apologies,  I haven’t the time or strength to read the whole thread since yesterday .I read your post and took it at face value. 
I tend to do this quite regularly.

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

I see the triallists all look totally peed off and don't want to be there..... makes me laugh all the crap and Chinese whispers about them coming in not knowing what's happening after the comments last night! So many of you on here need to go and reread what you have been posting in the other topics then have a think before posting again at how stupid it all sounds

They may just enjoy playing football and being with the other lads....it's not really like real work is it?

It doesn't mean that off the field they aren't concerned about contracts,pay and their futures.