v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Saturday 7th August

3pm Kick Off

Available on RamsTV (outside the UK)

Go on then, I'll get the season started. 

With just over a week to go, several departures from a thin squad and 0 arrivals, it obviously hasn't be the most ideal pre seasons. 

Thankfully the players that we're looking to sign have been involved in pre season and bonding with the squad, we're not just looking at dragging players in with a week to train before playing.

"Unprecedented times" will hopefully no longer be heard and we are able to get through the season without seeing any new restrictions coming in, the club desperately needs the uninterrupted match day revenue back running through the tills.

Team for Huddersfield? Difficult to say until we see what trialists are given contracts and the EFL approve, seems wild that the game as I say is just over a week away and we couldn't even guess a starting 11, but he we are.

Buckle up boys and girls, this season will be a battle. ?

It's difficult to predict what kind of team we will turn up with at this moment in time, but Huddersfield are also expected to struggle alongside us next season. 

It's a big game, without the ability to sign any CBs then I would imagine we stand little chance. If we can at least get Jagielka signed, it would give me a bit more hope. It's not going to be a highscoring game by any stretch of the imagination. 

An ugly 1-0 win would be beautiful to me. We have Peterborough and Hull immediately after. We really need a decent start considering these are teams expected to be fighting relegation this season. 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

As it stands 

Roos 

Byrne  Buchanan Forsyth Shinnie 

Bird

Watson  Sibley 

Jozwiak.   Richards Lawrence 

subs Marshall and 6 from the juniors 

after about 4 games we will be done in 

Surely even Cashin or Solomon would be better at RCB than Buchanan?

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got to say I was  disappointed with the crowd v Real Betis . Walking to the ground I thought the game had been called off. I am only expecting around 18,000 at the first game . Anyone expecting more?

Well there's 8000 season ticket holders but not all will turn up...

It will be interesting to see the actual figure when you add in those who pay on the day.....can only imagine it will be low but who knows,we have all missed football 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got to say I was  disappointed with the crowd v Real Betis . Walking to the ground I thought the game had been called off. I am only expecting around 18,000 at the first game . Anyone expecting more?

Without signings, I would say 18k looks about right. If, somehow, we can create a bit of buzz over the next week then we will see that shoot up to 23-24k. I hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't like to see us fall short of 20k for an opening league game. We had 27k+ for the game against Swansea (second league game, first home game) in 2019. 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well there's 8000 season ticket holders but not all will turn up...

It will be interesting to see the actual figure when you add in those who pay on the day.....can only imagine it will be low but who knows,we have all missed football 

I can’t see it getting past 15,000 at this stage and that’s with about 2000 from Huddersfield