v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Correct.

I'm at 14,000 Derby fans plus the Huddersfield section.

Now I'm beginning to to think we won't get to 17k as its remained on roughly the same since the weekend.

Very disappointing. I imagine it's due to a number of things. Covid, Derby being crap and not selling season tickets. 

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Correct.

I'm at 14,000 Derby fans plus the Huddersfield section.

Now I'm beginning to to think we won't get to 17k as its remained on roughly the same since the weekend.

It's sad that the first game of the season is looking like being a quiet one attendance wise, but it will be interesting to see what the attendance is like at other clubs generally.

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

It's sad that the first game of the season is looking like being a quiet one attendance wise, but it will be interesting to see what the attendance is like at other clubs generally.

Think it's a sell out for Forest's first. I have no doubt whatsoever that ours would be too if we weren't a basket case.

I could go, but I'm not. Rather go watch Belper v Mickleover in a friendly. First time I've willfully not been to a home game in 20 years.

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think it's a sell out for Forest's first. I have no doubt whatsoever that ours would be too if we weren't a basket case.

If that's so then it is very disappointing to hear. I was hoping that the constant advice from the government not to let our guard down and be vigilant in public places had put people off going and it would be the same for most clubs. Whistling in the dark, I guess.

Edited by Miggins

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

If that's so then it is very disappointing to hear. I was hoping that the constant advice from the government not to let our guard down and be vigilant in public places had put people off going and it would be the same for most clubs.

Might be slightly down in places but no, it's this bad because the club is. We've had bad teams before, but I don't ever remembering being this disillusioned.

It might help if the ticket office was open. I’m not a business genius or anything but can see a certain logic to that possibly impacting on sales. 

For those of us going on Saturday, remember to email the club at least a week before if you want a pint at half time. No bars will be open on the day. 

The attendance will look unusual (very low)  to most supporters but we have to recognise that it’s a different world we are now living in 

lots of people will just not want to mix in large crowds for a good while especially this season

lots of people will have been on reduced wages or indeed have lost their jobs in the last 16 months 

lots of people will have found something else to do on a Saturday after not going for the last 16 months 

lots of people will be on holiday somewhere as it’s early August 

far too many could be considered happy clappers and since covid what we have seen it is not happy 

we are down to the bare bones on team selection opportunities 

4 hours ago, Srg said:

I could go, but I'm not. Rather go watch Belper v Mickleover in a friendly. First time I've willfully not been to a home game in 20 years.

Am pretty certain Forests home game against Bournemouth isn't a sell out (as of writing this).

5 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

It might help if the ticket office was open. I’m not a business genius or anything but can see a certain logic to that possibly impacting on sales. 

For those of us going on Saturday, remember to email the club at least a week before if you want a pint at half time. No bars will be open on the day. 

Just to clarify the alcohol situation (I expect people will need a stiff drink) the fans park isn't open but apparently the concourse bars are.

The atmosphere in this game, after the announcements tonight, is going to be absolutely electric - for all the wrong reasons.

I have all the confidence in the world that the game on Saturday will be one that will be spoken about for many years to come. Imagine the 3 amigos protests and the QPR shirts on the pitch rolled into one. 

I would be surprised if Mel even turns up, perhaps he shouldn’t and neither should Pearce. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The atmosphere in this game, after the announcements tonight, is going to be absolutely electric - for all the wrong reasons.

I have all the confidence in the world that the game on Saturday will be one that will be spoken about for many years to come. Imagine the 3 amigos protests and the QPR shirts on the pitch rolled into one. 

I would be surprised if Mel even turns up, perhaps he shouldn’t and neither should Pearce. 

Going to be a powder keg.

God help us if we give away a very early goal.

We simply have to score first. It will be massive.

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

Going to be a powder keg.

God help us if we give away a very early goal.

We simply have to score first. It will be massive.

Academy lads roar into a 3 goal lead, and Mel takes his spot in the directors box at half time wearing a toga and a laurel wreath around his head.

Meanwhile, Pearce fights off a lion at half time, while Bucko rides around on a chariot pulled by Stevie Mac and Eric Steele, with Steve Gibson's severed head in his free hand.

We go on to see the game out comfortably, before the EFL charge us with unauthorized use of a hauled carriage at half time, and deduct us 12 points.

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's going to be beyond toxic if we go a goal down. 

I hope we can somehow refrain from making the atmosphere toxic. There's no need for protests, Mel clearly wants to sell up ASAP so there's no message to convey there. The players we have don't deserve this situation. There's simply no need.

It's a sad situation but I'm not angry. I just want it resolved. It would be a waste to get angry