v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I hope we can somehow refrain from making the atmosphere toxic. There's no need for protests, Mel clearly wants to sell up ASAP so there's no message to convey there. The players we have don't deserve this situation. There's simply no need.

It's a sad situation but I'm not angry. I just want it resolved. It would be a waste to get angry

From the looks out it's going to be kids out there, and a wookie manager.

Pointless killing their confidence, take the protests outside after the game.

That's probably pointless too mind, seeing as the owner wants out as much as the fans want him gone.

Probably best to assemble around the NewCo and take if from there.

Edited by Rev

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

That's probably pointless too mind, seeing as the owner wants out as much as the fans want him gone.

Derby City Football Club to ground share with whom?

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

We've replaced Rooney with Chewbacca?

7 hours ago, Rev said:

Pointless?

That adds £250 to the jackpot!

Keep this up and we're on for at least two coveted trophies.

35 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Before the game I want to hear ‘Mel Morris, get out of our club’. I want to hear it at half time and at the full time whistle too. Not while the lads are playing tho. We need to make our point clear that this isn’t ok 

I don't get what it will achieve. He wants to sell but there's no buyer coming forward. 

Best thing we can do is get behind the team, support as much as we can, and maybe we can help pull together long enough for a sale to be completed. 

46 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Before the game I want to hear ‘Mel Morris, get out of our club’. I want to hear it at half time and at the full time whistle too. Not while the lads are playing tho. We need to make our point clear that this isn’t ok 

Are you hoping that he stops paying the bills then? So we can quickly achieve not only point deductions for failing to pay wages we get point deductions for administration and potential liquidation not to mention everybody employed by the football club losing their jobs. Whilst the players leave for nothing

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

I hope we can somehow refrain from making the atmosphere toxic. There's no need for protests, Mel clearly wants to sell up ASAP so there's no message to convey there. The players we have don't deserve this situation. There's simply no need.

It's a sad situation but I'm not angry. I just want it resolved. It would be a waste to get angry

Totally agree with this.

Those supporters saying it will turn toxic are just stoking the fires by putting the idea into gullible fans heads that it ought to turn toxic, imo.

That is not going to impress any prospective purchasers (of whom we now appear to have three, that's three more than we thought we had yesterday!)

The idea that players can differentiate between criticism of the club and criticism of them is a non-starter.

I want to see how our young team will fare against Huddersfield,  who aren't full of confidence themselves, tbf.

We have enough flair to win this one if we can harness it correctly. Getting behind the lads will surely help.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

We have enough flair to win this one if we can harness it correctly. Getting behind the lads will surely help.

Don't know if we can score 6 to get past the boat load we will concede.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

The fans want him gone and he wants out, what will that achieve? We might as well stand there shouting 'Water is wet'.

Still seems to be a lot of empty seats remaining for this one. There could be one less but the club won't let me move my ticket one row down where there are spare seats so I can buy an extra ticket for someone who's now decided they want to come...

Well, I think we should sing

'I pay my tax bill' 

'I buy what I want, I buy what I want, I've paid my bills, I buy what I want' 

'not our ground, no fans, not our ground, no fans' 

'let's pretend we've scored a goal' 

I mean honestly, those saying don't protest, Mel wants out anyway.... The bloke could have sold us for nothing 2 years ago and been better off. He hasn't wanted out this badly for 2 years. He's only got desperate since he has backed us up against a wall surrounded by the EFL, the tax man, other EFL chairmen, a significant amount of the fan base and now it seems most of the lads we have on trial. 

22 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

Still seems to be a lot of empty seats remaining for this one. There could be one less but the club won't let me move my ticket one row down where there are spare seats so I can buy an extra ticket for someone who's now decided they want to come...

I don't blame people for not deciding not to put another penny into the club until this is all sorted. I've been half tempted to email the club cancelling my ticket and cite the reasons why. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't blame people for not deciding not to put another penny into the club until this is all sorted. I've been half tempted to email the club cancelling my ticket and cite the reasons why. 

I'd love to put another £32 into the club, but the ticket office are being obtuse for no real reason. To be honest, the communication with the ticket office has been shocking, the only method of contacting them is email which takes them 3 days to respond to.

Just now, LE_Ram said:

I'd love to put another £32 into the club, but the ticket office are being obtuse for no real reason. To be honest, the communication with the ticket office has been shocking, the only method of contacting them is email which takes them 3 days to respond to.

I was really excited to be going back but now I feel a bit like a deflated balloon tbh. You're not the only one who's had problems with the ticket office, there's been numerous complaints on social media about them not responding to multiple emails. 

Anyone else having an absolute nightmare trying to buy tickets for this game 

every time I finally get to the pay button screen I press it and the screen just goes blank and nothing happens 

doing it on my phone ?’ Maybe need to try laptop

Any suggestions welcome 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Anyone else having an absolute nightmare trying to buy tickets for this game 

every time I finally get to the pay button screen I press it and the screen just goes blank and nothing happens 

doing it on my phone ?’ Maybe need to try laptop

Any suggestions welcome 

I should try laptop using Chrome, worked for me.