The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

38 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

I agree with Mel’s academy comments and although I appreciate I’m in the minority I would rather watch Cashin develop than Wisdom make his customary howlers, see Bird kick on rather than have another Butterfield at 4m and give Ebosele a go instead of Anya at a combined cost of approaching 10m (fees and wages).

This thread's updating all the time so it's tough to keep up. I have to say I'm surprised by the vitriol and new negativity last night and this morning. Nothing that's been reported seems remotely surprising or particularly new.

I agree with @Igor Igor Whats the Score?here and that's why I'm very wary of signing up a lot of journeymen triallists to further impede the development of talented young players. 

Mel's huge error was bringing in Cocu to develop the youth but then completely undermining him by signing Rooney for the profile/publicity to help sell the club. But we knew (or guessed) that already. I'm happy for Rooney to walk and give Wassall the reins to try to see what he can do with the mess he's left with.

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

No one's asking the big question:

Will @David post his summary in here to try and get near to the Chris Martin/George Thorne levels of thread length, or steal the limelight and post "The latest from the club via David"?

Dave's statement will be released in 48 hours.

18 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If he has genuinely been trying to get out for the last 2 years why, during that time,has he allowed things to escalate,late payments to HMRC, late transfer payments,players not being paid on time. If he thought prospective buyers would come in, take over the club and sort the mess out in those circumstances then he must be deluded. Possibly the reason the club are waiting until the 18th until the revised accounts are submitted is his hope he would have sold up by then. When the revised accounts are revealed it might just open a new can of worms which will lead to any new buyers not touching the club with the proverbial barge pole   

Ask Mel. Oh you can’t, so maybe let’s see what’s in David’s update.

I was responding to threats he’s going to walk away which I listened to the interview with Jim Wheeler and I didn’t interpret it that way at all.

I do think whenever the full information of whatever can be revealed comes out then some people will believe what they want to believe anyway rather than make a balanced judgment 

I don’t like to criticise, but I don’t think the Punjabi Rams have helped here, I understand why they wanted to get ‘something’ out there quickly, people were almost begging for information, but tweets with limited information wasn’t the best way to do it. There’s no context, no explanation as to when, or why, something was said. Was it in answer to something? Was it a tiny comment amongst a longer statement?

Look at the storm it has apparently caused, that comment on no transfers, people read into it what they want, and now we hear that it’s causing problems with the staff and players, when it’s one interpretation of one comment amongst a 4 hour meeting, by one person.

I completely understand why @David wants to get everything out in one post, when he’s had the chance to get it all down. This is what happens if you get out of context snippets.

23 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Have I understood this correctly? That we've put a bit of paper in front of all the trialists and said "sign here lads" but left the bit with how much they'll be paid blank?

If I have understood that correctly then I'm sorry but its an absolute piss take. Mel and the rest of the decision makers at the club have absolutely lost the plot.

The EFL will never accept any of it, all it will do is serve to make us look even more incompetent than we already do.

Based on a tweet from a S*n journalist 

Hey, we may be a mess but this morning Alan Nixon has gone from 'Mel doesn't want to make signings' to 'the EFL needs to tell Derby how many signings they can make' to 'Dcfc have handed out blank contracts' to 'The EFL haven't told Derby how much they will let them pay'.

Just now, gccrowdpleaser said:

Based on a tweet from a S*n journalist 

It's not like the club are going to release any information is it. We've been left with 10 or so people knowing more than the rest of us. And some of that information is binded by a NDA. 

What the duck is happening here? 

It's a disgrace. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ask Mel. Oh you can’t, so maybe let’s see what’s in David’s update.

I was responding to threats he’s going to walk away which I listened to the interview with Jim Wheeler and I didn’t interpret it that way at all.

I do think whenever the full information of whatever can be revealed comes out then some people will believe what they want to believe anyway rather than make a balanced judgment 

Here's an email from Jim W

image.png.0cad08d1473ba2a5960e8352c9974b3a.png

Given our clubs conduct over the last 12 months I'm inclined to believe we'd do something this stupid.

The place is an absolute shambles so why should we give them the benefit of the doubt? They no longer deserve it.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

9 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I don’t like to criticise, but I don’t think the Punjabi Rams have helped here, I understand why they wanted to get ‘something’ out there quickly, people were almost begging for information, but tweets with limited information wasn’t the best way to do it. There’s no context, no explanation as to when, or why, something was said. Was it in answer to something? Was it a tiny comment amongst a longer statement?

Look at the storm it has apparently caused, that comment on no transfers, people read into it what they want, and now we hear that it’s causing problems with the staff and players, when it’s one interpretation of one comment amongst a 4 hour meeting, by one person.

I completely understand why @David wants to get everything out in one post, when he’s had the chance to get it all down. This is what happens if you get out of context snippets.

If staff and players believe what a fan group is saying on twitter then there are more problems in the club than we all thought!

7 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Hey, we may be a mess but this morning Alan Nixon has gone from 'Mel doesn't want to make signings' to 'the EFL needs to tell Derby how many signings they can make' to 'Dcfc have handed out blank contracts' to 'The EFL haven't told Derby how much they will let them pay'.

Exactly this...follow the thread. He's scrambling like a 10 year old covering his own backside after being caught bunking off school. Every tweet is contradictory.