Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't understand why after playing one friendly against a non-league team are some of our fans wanting to see Cashin start?

I'm all for blooding youngsters and if imagine he will get his chances this season.

But it has to be the right time. It's a massive massive difference from playing against non-league opposition in a friendly to starting week in week out in the championship.

More than ever next season we are going to need experience. It's going to be a long hard season and I don't think starting an U23 centre back with no experience is the best idea at the moment.

Probably because our current CB options are Forsyth, Cashin or Marshall ?

35 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

On Saturday, whatever team we put out needs 100% support. If some fans feel the need to criticise the owner / board i hope it's after the final whistle. To do do during the match will be doing no favours for our young players.

I agree with this 100%. 

Before the game, after the game. Make our voices heard.

But for 90 minutes the players need us.

I do fear though that us going 1-0 down would turn pride park very toxic very quickly 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No club has had any income for over a year.

But they all have a squad they can put out. 

We have no centre halves and one striker.

No other club is being hounded to death and restricted from bringing in players as a result of an 18 month vendetta against them despite not actually breaking any set-in-stone rules.

Most of our issues are a a direct result of being held guilty for a year of something we were found innocent of, and then found guilty (at the second, long delayed attempt) by decree of opinion (not law, not even based on any written rule) of a second charge, coupled with ill health leading to a reassessment of priorities.

If we were allowed to operate freely and spend money we would have done, we wouldn't be in this situation if we weren't being treated with the utmost hypocrisy by an organisation which demands everything is explained in detail to them (well, they do now, they weren't bothered 3 years ago) and yet makes up new rules without any justification or explanation at the drop a hat.

Mistakes have been made of course, but it's football and most things go tits up unless you happen to have a massive dollop of luck along the way.

It's funny just how many mistakes get covered over and never talked about by virtue of just one thing going right and vice versa

By all means shout your arse out about how much you hate Mel, I suspect you're more likely to find the people around you telling you to shut the duck up than join in with you, but we'll see.

Edited by Coconut

1 minute ago, angieram said:

As someone said, we have waited seventeen months to see a live competitive Derby County game.

I am really looking forward to it and I certainly won't be wasting any energy on booing anybody. 

Time to enjoy being a supporter again.

I have never booed anyone at a football match - it achieves nothing and wouldn’t give me a sense of enormous well being - get behind the lads as the crowd are worth an extra 8 points a season usually 

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

No other club is being hounded to death and restricted from bringing in players as a result of an 18 month vendetta against them despite not actually breaking any set-in-stone rules.

Most of our issues are a a direct result of being held guilty for a year of something we were found innocent of, and then found guilty (at the second, long delayed attempt) by decree of opinion (not law, not even based on any written rule) of a second charge, coupled with ill health leading to a reassessment of priorities.

If we were allowed to operate freely and spend money we would have done, we wouldn't be in this situation if we weren't being treated with the utmost hypocrisy by an organisation which demands everything is explained in detail to them (well, they do now, they weren't bothered 3 years ago) and yet makes up new rules without any justification it explanation at the drop a hat.

Mistakes have been made of course, but it's football and most things go tits up unless you happen to have a massive dollop of luck along the way.

It's funny just how many mistakes get covered over and never talked about by virtue of just one thing going right and vice versa

By all means shout your arse out about how much you hate Mel, I suspect you're more likely to find the people around you telling you to shut the duck up than join in with you, but we'll see.

Just wait until the EFL actually get their mits into a few other clubs 

10 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree with this 100%. 

Before the game, after the game. Make our voices heard.

But for 90 minutes the players need us.

I do fear though that us going 1-0 down would turn pride park very toxic very quickly 

Why before? Surely that will be just as bad for these players, especially the young ones. Get behind them all day.