Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

19 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Later on during the coversation with his guest he said that Rooney would like to sign all of the trialists but that is unlikely to happen, it's most likely to be 3 or 4 due to Derby's own financial issues, regardless of EFL.

Christ. So we're that hard up we can't even sign more than 4 players on a free.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Christ. So we're that hard up we can't even sign more than 4 players on a free.

If only there was someone on the books who is being massivly overpaid for their ability who we could get rd of to ease the financial pressure without weakening the club. If only.

Speaking of which, we enjoyed mashed potato for dinner tonight. I know it's not a summer thing usually, but sometimes it's just right for what you need.

If we can only sign 3 or 4 then we might as well just give up now.

Shambles of a club.

Mel Morris took over a club on the brink of the premier League and turned them into a shoe in for relegation to League One. With that little money we can't sign more than 3 free transfers.

I'll never forgive that bloke for what he's done to this football club.

And I hope the fans going on Saturday let him know exactly what they think of him.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambles of a club.

Mel Morris took over a club on the brink of the premier League and turned them into a shoe in for relegation to League One. With that little money we can't sign more than 3 free transfers.

And I hope the fans going on Saturday let him know exactly what they think of him.

You think he doesn't know? To what end will being obnoxious to Mel have? It's not going to help or change anything is it.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambles of a club.

I do agree mate, said it on here many times now Mel has truly ducked us over, and being a fan as well, we was in a much better position before Mel came along, we are now in the same mess as the 3 amigos left us in. 

Edited by Derby blood

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Shambles of a club.

Whatever happened it cost Mel a lot of his money spent in good faith. I agreed with all the managerial appointments like many others did 

5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I do agree mate, said it on here many times now Mel has truly ducked us over, and being a fan as well, we was in a much better position before Mel came along, we are now in the same mess as the 3 amigos left us in. 

Might have been true if he had made £200 million out of the Club but basically that may be how much it has cost him to try to get us promoted.

We’ve had no income for over a year, no other owner has had no matchday, season ticket and sponsors income to deal with which has compounded the errors made previously. Mel has made mistakes but I don’t see the point in lambasting the bloke until we know the full story and what the outcome is. He has always said he would only sell to someone who can take the club forward so you have to hold him to his word. One thing I would criticise him for is for not submitting the accounts ASAP which is no doubt holding up the takeover as the prospective owners would want to know of any points deduction.

13 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

We’ve had no income for over a year, no other owner has had no matchday, season ticket and sponsors income to deal with which has compounded the errors made previously. Mel has made mistakes but I don’t see the point in lambasting the bloke until we know the full story and what the outcome is. He has always said he would only sell to someone who can take the club forward so you have to hold him to his word. One thing I would criticise him for is for not submitting the accounts ASAP which is no doubt holding up the takeover as the prospective owners would want to know of any points deduction.

No club has had any income for over a year.

But they all have a squad they can put out. 

We have no centre halves and one striker.

35 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Might have been true if he had made £200 million out of the Club but basically that may be how much it has cost him to try to get us promoted.

How many owners make loads of money out of clubs now adays, not many, look Mel has had the same problems as all the other chairmen in the championship, but they all seem to be in a better place than us financially, and if Mel took us over to make money, then he is very short sighted, Mel always said he would leave Derby in a better place than when he took us over, I am afraid he got it so so wrong on that score 

46 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He probably does know. But for the last 17 months we haven't had a voice.

We have on Saturday.

On Saturday, whatever team we put out needs 100% support. If some fans feel the need to criticise the owner / board i hope it's after the final whistle. To do do during the match will be doing no favours for our young players.

38 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

How many owners make loads of money out of clubs now adays, not many, look Mel has had the same problems as all the other chairmen in the championship, but they all seem to be in a better place than us financially, and if Mel took us over to make money, then he is very short sighted, Mel always said he would leave Derby in a better place than when he took us over, I am afraid he got it so so wrong on that score 

Mel is a Derby County fan. The present situation is hard to explain and many factors have contributed to it. It is too difficult for me to analyse but we were twice very close to getting into the Premiership and things would have looked different now if we had.