Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

To be eligible for Saturday's game signings must be completed by noon on Friday. Announcing players would possibly put some numbers on the gate. If we kept it secret it would definitely give us a competitive advantage when it comes to revealing the teamsheet.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating, and Derby have consistently failed to deliver on their timelines over the last year (eg with the takeover). I'd love us to get Jagielka over the line and, if there is now no limit on numbers, also Davis, but I'm not currently expecting anyone to come in before the weekend.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Been trying to convince myself a signing or two might be announced pre meeting tonight to stop a full scale lynching... 

I'd prefer full scale lynching, tar and feathers, stocks and shame-walk (Cersei can stand in for Mel for that bit)... Swiftly followed by news of a few signings and a slightly embarrassed climb down and vague apologies to the board for not taking them at their word. 

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

well it's been 48 hours, where are the new signings? 

let me guess, another 48 hours??

You've been working on the assumption our Wayne knows how many hours there are in a day - Or even what day of the week it is 

Actually with all seriousness I wonder if he had just lost track of the days? I genuinely lose track of what day it is if I have a week off and footballers have the whole summer off - Then pre-season starts but you don't necessarily play games on a Saturday - So where's your reference point? Plus no-one accuses players of being particularly well organised people - Watching the doccos on Netflix/Prime somewhat suggests they have a LOT of people around clubs who look after basic things for them like their schedule

He may well have thought the whole of Wednesday was within 48 hours of when he was speaking 

This is totally consistent with the trend of the lack of communication from the club and a case lesson in how not to manage someones expectations.

Either the flow of information is non existent or when information is shared there seems to be an eagerness to tell supporters information to appease them without any concentre substance behind it that's it's actually going to happen by those timescales, or just random statements without any forethought that people then will expect the statement to be actioned by that point.

I remember working in the automotive sector and my boss used to ring me and ask me when the line would be up and running, one time I stated approximately ten minutes, after 11 minutes he rang again to say why isn't it running yet as you said ten minutes. Because the expectation was you've said a timescake now I'm going to hold you to it. No difference here.