Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

21 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Chris Coles on Radio Derby saying very unlikely to sign anyone in next couple of days, Thursday will be crucial day for us. Rooneys wish of bringing in large number of players not going to happen more likely to be 3 or 4.

Another example of 'It's the hope that kills'...?

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If only there was someone on the books who is being massivly overpaid for their ability who we could get rd of to ease the financial pressure without weakening the club. If only.

Speaking of which, we enjoyed mashed potato for dinner tonight. I know it's not a summer thing usually, but sometimes it's just right for what you need.

Comfort food? ?

6 hours ago, Sidd10 said:

I think 1-0 down and things being ugly will largely depend on the team. If it's as young as Sunday's friendly, i don't think it will. But it Captain Tom decides to chip a penalty down the middle to a keeper who just stands there... then maybe it could get ugly. 

But that's nothing new, the players that have always had stick will continue to receive it. If Bird dares pass sideways he'll have the moans and groans, if Roos doesn't claim a corner he'll have the moans and groans, if Forsyth misplaces a pass etc etc. 

Can never understand why people don't just get behind players. 

As long as the team give 100%  I will applaud their efforts whatever the result. Perhaps protests against off the pitch issues should take place off the pitch especially if the lads are doing their best. 

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

No expert on drama admittedly but in what way does adding ‘just saying’ to a post add dramatic tension?  It seems to do the exact opposite. 

Because there always seems to be a hidden reason why they say the phrase suggesting an interesting sub plot. This would potentially mean a twist in the story if pursued. I hope that sounds plausible, otherwise forget that I raised the point.