Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That fact that Rooney says he is more confident than he has ever been that we will get new signings, you would hope they start signing on today.

I'm sure the fact that Mel is talking to the fans on Wednesday will help to speed things along , I think Davies will be first then I'd hope for Jags and then Morrison / Carroll 

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I agree, he was impressive and I'd be happy to have him as one of our 4 CB choices for this season. Just wonder if there's already been a gentleman's agreement regarding Mengi? Wouldn't be surprised if we see him join, despite Cashin's efforts yesterday.

Perhaps so. I'm okay with it if our numbers aren't too limited and as a loan it would only be until Jan.?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know we've seen comparatively little of Cashin but on yesterdays showing he has some talent. Maybe better to sign experienced CBs and develop Cashin?

Agreed but think it’s always good to have four out and out CBs. So would still take davies, jagielka and Mengi in. But I’d want to see cashin and jagielka start the season together. 

18 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Agreed but think it’s always good to have four out and out CBs. So would still take davies, jagielka and Mengi in. But I’d want to see cashin and jagielka start the season together. 

Still prefer Davies, Jags and Stearman plus Cashin. Maybe Man U have a goal scorer they'd lend us instead?!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That fact that Rooney says he is more confident than he has ever been that we will get new signings, you would hope they start signing on today.

"as confident as ever" not "more confident than ever" 

Big difference.

First signing is the new tea lady, old one retired and needed replacing.

Edited by Coconut

25 minutes ago, tinman said:

Championship teams yet to sign anyone:

Blackburn (7 players less than last season)

Derby (8 players less than last season)

Reading (8 players less than last season)

Sheff Utd (4 players less than last season)

Mowbray:

”We had a sponsor picture before the game and because it was a betting company they needed players over 25 and we only had two in the dressing room!"

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Why ? Because we’ve got a minuscule squad. How many ? I thought it was a max of 5 ?

Maybe we're not the only ones in trouble and they'll want to show even-handedness? Nah! ? More likely we're making progress in our 'discussions' with them?

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Big difference.

Does she count as 1 of the 4, though?

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Big difference.

New tea lady announced as 21 year old Tayler 'one lump or two?' Ryan.