Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

46 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Have we been told anything by the club (or Rooney) in the last 6 months? Its been a black hole & all we've got is educated guesswork in terms of the embargo.

Rooney isnt stupid & given the time constraints, will know how likely it is he will have to play youth CBs v Huddersfield. Therefore to feel confident about playing trialists tomorrow, you think he would insist on written assurances from the EFL (via the club). If that isnt forthcoming, then like @Tyler Durden says, we need to be starting our contracted players only & am sure thats exactly what Rooney would do.

Dunno mate,he doesn't seem to be the brightest knife in the draw to me.

We will see but it just seems unlikely that we will have time to sign the trialists in the time remaining...nothing else has moved at anything like that pace in any of these efl negotiations,good or bad

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Dunno mate,he doesn't seem to be the brightest knife in the draw to me.

We will see but it just seems unlikely that we will have time to sign the trialists in the time remaining...nothing else has moved at anything like that pace in any of these efl negotiations,good or bad

He doesn't have to know enough to pass the Oxbridge entrance exams, he has to know about football and in that regards I think he's fairly bright.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The proof of that will be in the pudding Roy, gazza and maradona were sublime footballers but I wouldn't of trusted either to boil an egg!

'The proof of the pudding will be in the eating', we will see. But as for boiling eggs I imagine both of them could afford to employ someone to do it for them.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

'The proof of the pudding will be in the eating', we will see. But as for boiling eggs I imagine both of them could afford to employ someone to do it for them.

Perhaps Rooney should employ someone to do the managing for him,he can no doubt afford it!

(Oh and I promise not to shorten popular phrases in future,to avoid confusion)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The proof of that will be in the pudding Roy,gazza and maradona were sublime footballers but I wouldn't of trusted either to boil an egg!

Bit harsh on Gascoigne. He had what looked like a thriving Chicken Delivery business going until his main customer shot himself in the face.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He doesn't have to know enough to pass the Oxbridge entrance exams, he has to know about football and in that regards I think he's fairly bright.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Proof of the pudding will be in his results Macca. Sure you agree they have to improve.

DT: Rooney would not put a number on how many when asked: "I would like as many as possible. We just have to focus, there is still a little bit of work to be done but I am confident we will see some new faces this week...If we can do that, then we will have a very good squad.

I still want to bring more players in, of course, we have got to the end of August to do that."

Will Curtis sign today?! #COYR

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

“ A Change in wind direction at the EFL ? Perhaps one in today which could open the floodgates “

@ reluctantnicko

When's that tweet from just looked down his timeline and he's not posted today yet?

18 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can’t we afford ink or something? Any reason to space them out ?

As much as I'd love to see a signing bonanza, I just can't imagine every deal is at the same stage, ready to go. We'll do right by our own first by giving Davies a contract, then we tie up the Mengi loan. With both those sorted and a better idea where we stand, we can concentrate on negotiating terms with the trialists.

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

As much as I'd love to see a signing bonanza, I just can't imagine every deal is at the same stage, ready to go. We'll do right by our own first by giving Davies a contract, then we tie up the Mengi loan. With both those sorted and a better idea where we stand, we can concentrate on negotiating terms with the trialists.

I know we've seen comparatively little of Cashin but on yesterdays showing he has some talent. Maybe better to sign experienced CBs and develop Cashin?

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know we've seen comparatively little of Cashin but on yesterdays showing he has some talent. Maybe better to sign experienced CBs and develop Cashin?

I agree, he was impressive and I'd be happy to have him as one of our 4 CB choices for this season. Just wonder if there's already been a gentleman's agreement regarding Mengi? Wouldn't be surprised if we see him join, despite Cashin's efforts yesterday.