Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

Ok, so let’s say we sign players who are on Zero wages for the time being is that even allowed? Or would the EFL try to say they are not professionals - ok minimum wage then ! With a gentlemen’s agreement to make it right at a later date? ?

39 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Didn't Chris Coles say on radio Derby last night that the bit with the EFL is now sorted and we can bring in players?

He said he didn't expect anything Tuesday, maybe a few on Wednesday but Thursday should be busy if Rooney & Derby have their way.

Sounds like were still trying to agree the possible number of additions with the EFL to me.

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

He said he didn't expect anything Tuesday, maybe a few on Wednesday but Thursday should be busy if Rooney & Derby have their way.

Sounds like were still trying to agree the possible number of additions with the EFL to me.

I guess who we sign when will be dependant on the number we're allowed.

Hope Jags and Davies are 1 and 2, or 2 and 1, I can't decide!

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Didn't Chris Coles say on radio Derby last night that the bit with the EFL is now sorted and we can bring in players?

Itll be down to Mel and how much he is willing to be spent.

We have to remember that Mel basically has 1 foot out the door and if it is true he is only holding on because he isnt willing to let it go for what this American Consortium are willing to pay, I cant imagine he will he willing to spend much.

It's going to be a long hard season.

49 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I've just listened to it back. He said talks with the EFL have reached a point where Derby can sign the players they want.

It might be that we only sign 3 or 4. Nothing to do with the EFL more our own finances.

16 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Is there a clip of what Chris Cole’s said? 

I don’t live in Derby so unable to ever get radio coverage. 

If you have the internet you can get Radio Derby all day everyday, except for the actual game when contractual reasons prevent. The BBC Sounds app and a wireless  Bluetooth speaker does it for me.

Edited by Arsene Titman
Changed wording

Just now, Arsene Titman said:

If you have the internet you can get Radio Derby all day everyday, except for the actual game when contractual reasons prevent. The BBC Sounds app and a smart speaker does it for me.

Ah thanks. I’ve only ever tried radio Derby for the games so will look to do this more often. Cheers.

25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've just listened to it back. He said talks with the EFL have reached a point where Derby can sign the players they want.

It might be that we only sign 3 or 4. Nothing to do with the EFL more our own finances.

If it's 3 or 4 of a quality which slots them immediately into the starting eleven then I'd be more than happy with that.

Fingers crossed!