Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well not quite, he was always intending to play a different 11 and now he has some idea of their potential.

He also seemed more positive than previously about imminent signings, but even if not mentioned that there was until the end of August to sign players. 

Did he state that somewhere Roy,I obviously missed it.

6 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

After seeing Cashin yesterday I'd rather us develop him that develop Mengi for Manchester United to benefit. 

We need to cashin on our academy players. 

Sorry. ?

I'd rather us not get relegated

6 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Chris Coles on Radio Derby saying very unlikely to sign anyone in next couple of days, Thursday will be crucial day for us. Rooneys wish of bringing in large number of players not going to happen more likely to be 3 or 4.

Is this newer/extra to the posts on Worst Case Scenario - Derby County Forum thread? 

13 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Chris Coles on Radio Derby saying very unlikely to sign anyone in next couple of days, Thursday will be crucial day for us. Rooneys wish of bringing in large number of players not going to happen more likely to be 3 or 4.

How depressing wonder what’s changed from what Rooney said on Sunday 

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

How depressing wonder what’s changed from what Rooney said on Sunday 

Not sure if anything has changed. I'm just listening to RD Sportscene, the bit after Rooney's interview starts about 11:30 and it seems they're surmising from what Rooney said? Not heard it all yet, so not sure.

Sportscene At Six - 02/08/2021 - BBC Sounds

I've listened to it.

I stopped after about 15 minutes so admittedly may have missed it.

All I heard was Chris Coles say that tomorrow is unlikely, maybe Wednesday. But more than likely Thursday will be a day.

And he said it will be a very busy day if Derby have their way.

Didn't hear him say it would more than likely be 3 or 4 though?

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've listened to it.

I stopped after about 15 minutes so admittedly may have missed it.

All I heard was Chris Coles say that tomorrow is unlikely, maybe Wednesday. But more than likely Thursday will be a day.

And he said it will be a very busy day if Derby have their way.

Didn't hear him say it would more than likely be 3 or 4 though?

Later on during the coversation with his guest he said that Rooney would like to sign all of the trialists but that is unlikely to happen, it's most likely to be 3 or 4 due to Derby's own financial issues, regardless of EFL.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I fear that Rooney knows no more than us about when our embargo will actually be relaxed,if at all...which may be why he left out all of the trialists on Sunday and is having to be more pragmatic about who is actually going to play against Huddersfield.

I mean,nothings actually changed apart from his and our optimism that it might.

Wayne explained that his plan was to put the younger players in all along.

32 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Not read that one yet, but it's posted in what I percieved to be most relevant to transfer activity, hope that's ok duck?

Yeah duck, it's just they posted on what Coles had said before you did, and it seemed to contradict you. So I was asking if you'd read it and where you got your info from.

Edited by RoyMac5