EFL Verdict

DCFC90

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Totally agree.

Well, now I know I am right. Hope all good with you Angie x.  Max Bird will be some player over the next few years. Handled correctly he could be just as good as Michael Carrick, or players of similar ilk. Not sure he will ever be a Nivea poster boy though.

51 minutes ago, angieram said:

@jono what he said. ?

What really stings and gives life to the allegations of a vindictive nature in all this, is the “the EFL reluctantly” .. why reluctant ? There was some wrong doing, the Independent panel gave a sanction .. so that’s it .. why “reluctantly” ? It stinks as an attitude and is fundamentally wrong on so many levels. You have a system where there is a complaint and a system that provides for an independent panel to adjudicate but somehow the The body that represents the clubs, that drew up the system in the first place isn’t prepared to accept its outcome in an appropriate manner .. Why would you appeal or even reluctantly accept a verdict given by a system you designed ? The independent committee is designed to give a balanced view, to remove the partisanship the EFL shouldn’t be showing in any case , but clearly is. 

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You may be right regarding your second paragraph Kash, but do we really yet know how good his coaching and man-management skills are? Which senior players have made comments to suggest he might not be up to the job? Waghorn perhaps, but I can’t think of any others.  
As for our youngsters, have they regressed because of him, or did many of them experience a difficult second year of pro-football? It is ‘easy’ to come in for a few games at the age of 18/19/20 and make a really positive impression, offering glimpses of star quality. But the Championship is a long, hard demanding league, and many of the players who make other teams tick are hardened, expererinced professionals. In my view Buchanan, Sibley, Knight, Bird, etc., suffered last year not because of Rooney per se, but because too many of our experienced players were found wanting, because we were in survival mode from November onwards, and because our squad was so wafer thin because of injuries that some youngsters were being played in too many games, often out of position.

I am at heart a happy clapper, so I think a few astute signings by Rooney could make the world of difference to our youngsters in the coming season. I don’t see it being the shitshow others keep stating it could be.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between and I'd hope your view turns out to be the correct one but there were a few signs such as his very public fall outs with knight and Waggers,two of the most enthusiastic footballers in the business that made me doubt his ability to man manage effectively.

We all get to find out Wayne's true colours this season tho when he finally builds his own squad and it will be interesting to see his philosophy and strategies come together.

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Every team needs a goal scorer and if we had one last season we would have been comfortable in mid table  

Didn't Waggers score 13 or so the year before though?

And Sibley and Knight were scoring previously but went into a draught too.

This is what worried me about Wayne,he struggled to get goals out the squad we had which contributed to our lack of wins.

Anyway,let's see if he can sort it out this year,it shouldn't take long to see an improvement.

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

For the fact he said multiple Parties suggest that nothing is as close as it’s been made out

Until something is completed you would expect us to still be in conversations with all interested parties in case anything falls through like it has happened twice already.

He also mentioned not signing players in a rush this week and transfer plans are in place pending a takeover which suggests they expect it to be done this preseason.

Also, the club declined to comment regards funds being issued to the EFL, surely if there was no truth in that the club would have just denied it? If there is an NDA in place they cannot confirm it but if its not true they can confirm that.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He also mentioned not signing players in a rush this week and transfer plans are in place pending a takeover which suggests they expect it to be done this preseason

He also said "We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players, that is enough to operate with“. Absolutely delusional

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

He also said "We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players, that is enough to operate with“. Absolutely delusional

Or:

"Pearce denied this, but said it must be noted the club "have been operating under some extremely testing circumstances for the past 15 months".

"During this period we have been able to function and produce a squad - and we will look to do so now," he added.

"We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players. That is enough to operate with and we have a plan for the rest of the window.

"We are not rushing to fill the squad for next week. We have a clear plan ready, pending the future ownership."

Entirely different to your quote. Not delusional at all!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or:

"Pearce denied this, but said it must be noted the club "have been operating under some extremely testing circumstances for the past 15 months".

"During this period we have been able to function and produce a squad - and we will look to do so now," he added.

"We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players. That is enough to operate with and we have a plan for the rest of the window.

"We are not rushing to fill the squad for next week. We have a clear plan ready, pending the future ownership."

Fair play Macca, the king of delusional ?

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Efl have no grounds to appeal 100k or points duction there lawyers or lap dc p.s said the same things and pp also fell p.s only thing to do now submit 3 years worth of accounts under new model and hope embargo to be lifted if we dont then may face fresh charges.

Excellent summary b4. That's what I understand is the situation as well. 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or:

I'm very interested in the plan. It needs to involve at least 8 players who know this league. The current core of senior players and talented young players he's referring too will get railed 9 games out of 10. This league is unforgiving. 

9 minutes ago, wombatram said:

Or did the efl not appeal because they know that are accounts are f**ked. Part of me think they did this so that we hurry up and reveal the accounts… the comes the penalty points = relegation and another year of bad press… which sadly, seems to be what efl want

That occurred to me too. Slightly worried that they are just keeping their powder dry for the better option of nailing us.

18 minutes ago, wombatram said:

Or did the efl not appeal because they know that are accounts are f**ked. Part of me think they did this so that we hurry up and reveal the accounts… the comes the penalty points = relegation and another year of bad press… which sadly, seems to be what efl want

There’s been quite a lot of people who know a hell of a lot more than I do saying we more than likely will be ok. Even if we aren’t if these people think we will be fine we will probably be just over meaning minimal points deduction. That’s my take on it anyway ?

35 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

That occurred to me too. Slightly worried that they are just keeping their powder dry for the better option of nailing us.

I think they we genuinely advised by their lawyers that an appeal was not likely to be successful. That’s because the DC was very careful to justify their decision in a way that made appeal difficult (they even said that if they had imposed a points deduction, they would have done so for last season!). It reflects that the LAP $hat all over the DC’s original decision and the DC weren’t going to let that happen again. These fancy barristers and experts make very good money out of these jobs and the last thing they want is to get a reputation that they are not up to it 

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Didn't Waggers score 13 or so the year before though?

And Sibley and Knight were scoring previously but went into a draught too.

This is what worried me about Wayne,he struggled to get goals out the squad we had which contributed to our lack of wins.

Anyway,let's see if he can sort it out this year,it shouldn't take long to see an improvement.

Yep but like you said that was the year before, we did have far too long with basically no forward available for selection last season which leads towards playing more defensive minded players and team selections 

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or:

It’s exactly the same quote, we both copied and pasted it from the same source ?.
Unless we get a change of ownership (which our track record with that is not the best!) he believes the current squad is enough to operate with.
Also the statement  “during this period we have been able to function and produce a squad”  that squad stayed up in the last day of the season and only because Wednesday were deducted points. They have made this mess and unless we get brought out and they leave the club, we’ll be relegated by Christmas. 

What is has said  is clearly delusional, take your rose tinted glasses off Roy.