EFL Verdict

DCFC90

5 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

I think most fans would disagree, a few weeks away from the start of the season, no senior cb's and one senior striker coming to the end of their career isn't a good base to build on, and they certainly don't sound like they're in a rush to add to it either 

I'm not saying I agree, i'm just saying what he probably means by that, he isn't going to come out and say anything to slate the remaining players we have. There will no doubt be incoming players over the next couple of weeks.

Got a reply ( for what it’s worth) from the EFL, following my complaint about the comments from the Wycombe Chairman.

Thanks for your email.

While I note your assertions, any such matters relating to EFL regulations would be for the League to uphold as appropriate.

As you will be aware, the EFL released a statement on Friday 2 July regarding Derby County and the verdict of the Independent Disciplinary Commission, which can be read here. The article notes that, following consultation with its legal advisors, the EFL Board has regrettably determined that there are insufficient grounds to appeal the sanction. The article also includes a link to the full written reasons relating to the decision of the Independent Disciplinary Commission, should that be of interest

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I'm not saying I agree, i'm just saying what he probably means by that, he isn't going to come out and say anything to slate the remaining players we have. There will no doubt be incoming players over the next couple of weeks.

I hope you're right, there's no doubt the squad is a lot weaker than last season, and we only just scraped survival thanks to a points deduction,  think it's going to be a long hard season, anything other than relegation will be a miracle 

1 minute ago, Stockyram92 said:

I hope you're right, there's no doubt the squad is a lot weaker than last season, and we only just scraped survival thanks to a points deduction,  think it's going to be a long hard season, anything other than relegation will be a miracle 

well in the statement it says they have plans in place so wont be rushing out to sign players in a week so they're in before the United friendly and that the plans in place are pending a takeover too so that could mean it is expected to be done soon? We have still managed to sign players over the last 15 months so I still feel we will be able to sign good enough players to keep us safe even on free's or loan.

I think he spoke well, its important to look at what he said.

- Rooney onboard

- Transfer plan for when the new owners arrive, I took its (my take) that this is going to happen very soon

- Only 1 debt (not sure how much)

- I also took it that the comment about small senior and talented youngsters was that we will not panic on getting in numbers but wait for the ownership to change

- After two cockups I don't blame them for for keeping stum over the takeover.

- Needing to build bridges - correct thing to do  

Next steps, complete takeover, sort out FFP and move forward, although I am far from convinced Pearce is the man to lead the Rams

45 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

I’ve already accepted we are down. I’m past caring.

At least we have a year to sort out this mess.

I get the pessimism but c'mon, chin up, we haven't even kicked a ball yet.  Now more than ever the club, and in particular the players need our support and voice.  I don't expect autos, play-offs even but I really do think things will come good.  Until I see a big red R next to us in the table I will have faith. 

25 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think he spoke well, its important to look at what he said.

- Rooney onboard

- Transfer plan for when the new owners arrive, I took its (my take) that this is going to happen very soon

- Only 1 debt (not sure how much)

- I also took it that the comment about small senior and talented youngsters was that we will not panic on getting in numbers but wait for the ownership to change

- After two cockups I don't blame them for for keeping stum over the takeover.

- Needing to build bridges - correct thing to do  

Next steps, complete takeover, sort out FFP and move forward, although I am far from convinced Pearce is the man to lead the Rams

What I found interesting is that the club declined to comment regards the rumours of funds being submitted to the EFL, surely if they hadnt been submitted the club would have just said there is no truth to it? Declining to comment sounds to me like that they have but we're not in a position to publically discuss it.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I think that is in relation to the friendlies and no need to rush out and sign players for the sake of it

But we're only weeks away from the start of the season, I wouldn't call that rushing, we've seen the effects of a poor pre season and lack of preparation, I would of thought it was important to get it done sooner, giving new signings the chance to play and train together before the season starts, but thats just my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Well he said the squad we have is enough to operate with.. do you agree with that? 

"We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players." = We have the basis of a team for the season 

"That is enough to operate with and we have a plan for the rest of the window" = we will make signings

"We are not rushing to fill the squad for next week. We have a clear plan ready" = we will not panic and make signings for the sake of having the numbers immediately.

I'm not sure how you can read that and think we won't make any signings.

3 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

But we're only weeks away from the start of the season, I wouldn't call that rushing, we've seen the effects of a poor pre season and lack of preparation, I would of thought it was important to get it done sooner, giving new signings the chance to play and train together before the season starts, but thats just my opinion 

The season doesn't start for another 5 weeks. When Lampard joined we didn't make any key signings until the latter parts of July.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

Just now, Stockyram92 said:

Fully understand what you're saying but plenty of other clubs still haven't signed anyone and it seems like a takeover isnt too far off so could mean we're shopping in a different market than we would be currently.

Wouldn't it be worth waiting 2 weeks to get target 'A' rather than going out and getting target 'B' or 'C' just because we need numbers. If in 2 weeks we havent got taken over then thats when you move on. Yes there is 4 weeks until the season starts on Aug 7th but there is 8 weeks of the transfer window left.

4 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Well he said the squad we have is enough to operate with.. do you agree with that? 

He was referring to the squad for the pre-season friendlies. The next sentence (and the sentence before) indicate that we are looking to add to the squad later in the window when it is possible to do so.

Please take on board all of the article instead of scanning for snippets to support a worst case scenario.

"We have a clear plan ready, pending the future ownership." - For me this is a key quote. It seems a lot of us have thought we'll be scrambling in the bargain bin looking for free transfers on cheap wages. But this (to me) reads that the club aim to have some spending power to bring in the right players when we are able to do so. It all depends on when we can get the new owners in place though and lift any restrictions, but Pearce is indicating that it should be in time for us to add to the squad before the end of the transfer window.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

What I found interesting is that the club declined to comment regards the rumours of funds being submitted to the EFL, surely if they hadnt been submitted the club would have just said there is no truth to it? Declining to comment sounds to me like that they have but we're not in a position to publically discuss it.

This is the bit of the article that stood out foe me as well, does make you wonder if the takeover is very close, especially as Pearce has resigned from the EFL, putting 2+2 together (and probably coming up with 5) maybe both are linked. Hence the reason no signings yet.

In the written reasons I noticed Pearce mentioned after revising the accounts and had shown the idc them done. Apologies if I’m wrong with what I put and feel free to correct me. Could we now be checking them over and they could be submitted within the next week to be checked over by the efl. I see I. His interview they are now working together with that issue. So hopefully within 2 weeks the interested parties will know where it is at and a deal can be finally agreed 

There’s nothing in that interview to alarm us anymore than we are already.

We’ve cleared the decks of players that we won’t give a second thought to and I predict that by the end of the transfer window we will have signed a few permanent and loan signings. Rooney will have his squad to be judged against instead of past managers working with players inherited.

I’m sure that there are players willing to wait if it means playing for Derby under Rooney. 

Will we go up next season? No.

Will we get relegated? I don’t believe so.

Things will look better in 5 weeks time. 

Thing is, we don't just need players that will obviously improve us, there are positions where we just need some reasonably competent people who can pull on a shirt, full stop. I don't want to get saddled with a load of zero-future deadwood any more than anyone else does but we just don't have enough players for a season, unless we are pulling out of the junior competitions.