EFL Verdict

DCFC90

4 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Top 45 is not top 5,  credibility will be everything with the submission of these sets of accounts.

That’s very damming and if you’ll forgive me, pretty weak  .. so just because a company isn’t a mega Corps means they have no credibility ? .. gosh look at the scandals surrounding many large multi accountancy companies. Tacky post, sorry.
So Jaguar or Maclaren arent’t top 5 car manufacturers by turnover or profit … but they have no credibility ? 

2 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

He's gone get over it or get therapy 

Cheers for that wigfalls,it's lucky we have people like you to determine and police our choice of interest,topics and opinions on here.

I certainly wasn't aware that Martin had left before you brought it up,I am immensely grateful to you sage.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

5 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Top 45 is not top 5,  credibility will be everything with the submission of these sets of accounts.

Depending on where you look, it seems there are well over 30,000 accountancy firms in the UK so, to be ranked in the top 50 (which they are based on fee income) means that, whilst they may not be Deloitte or EY, they are one of the biggest. So, I suggest they do possess a reasonable amount of credibility.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depending on where you look, it seems there are well over 30,000 accountancy firms in the UK so, to be ranked in the top 50 (which they are based on fee income) means that, whilst they may not be Deloitte or EY, they are one of the biggest. So, I suggest they do possess a reasonable amount of credibility.

From October last year

David Nelson, Senior Partner at Smith Cooper comments “2019 was a very pleasing year for Smith Cooper, with us becoming a UK Top 40 accounting firm for the first time and the fastest growing (measured by % growth) within the top 50, which was testament to the quality of our expanding client base and the hard work, professionalism and expertise of my colleagues.”

6 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Do you think that Mr Pop from Bristol could be dangerous? Wondering if I’m wearing my Derby shirt and I see someone looking Greek (and a little deranged) in a Bristol City shirt I should cross the road.

Bold of you to assume that fella leaves his house. He's too busy sat at home hitting F5 on our Companies House page to have time for that sort of thing.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Bold of you to assume that fella leaves his house. He's too busy sat at home hitting F5 on our Companies House page to have time for that sort of thing.

I imagine that isn't the only tab he has open. I just wouldn't want to speculate on what that might be. I'm assuming "meet other Bristol rovers obsessed hotties in your area" is very much the targeted advertising he receives.

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I imagine that isn't the only tab he has open. I just wouldn't want to speculate on what that might be. I'm assuming "meet other Bristol rovers obsessed hotties in your area" is very much the targeted advertising he receives.

Probably rings up Babestation to ask for their opinion on the disciplinary panels written statement.

"Can you say 'straight line amortisation is the only acceptable method' please love?"

Why are they so annoying and counterproductive to all it’s members 

Name anything they do that is any good .

I can’t. 

PS Maybe they have been good for Middlesbrough !

Edited by Curtains
Added to

It's really easy to get annoyed with the EFL but they are charged with the governance of the Football League in line with the rules laid down and agreed upon by member clubs.

These rules however are highly restrictive if a club owner wants to speculate. In fact they make it impossible to do so as the main driver of the rules is to get rid of the sugardaddy.

If most clubs just want to play on a even playing field where success is governed by the ability of your club to generate the funds to put a good playing squad that can challenge then FFP is fine. 

I would suggest that we would be happy with that. Clearly the problem is not the EFL but the EPL and those parachute payments. 

The EPL need the jeopardy of relegation to help sell the business model and as was evidenced by the attempted breakaway super league they will guard that jealously. But parachute payments are more and more allowing the same teams to keep bouncing back which gets quite tedious to the armchair fan who will start to want more variety. This is where EPL2 will gain traction as it will allow a more even playing field with more teams able to challenge for top flight football. 

Clearly the downside here is that with the formation of EPL2 it will, almost certainly, mean the end of fully professional football in league 1 and two and of course that means the end of the EFL.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

It's really easy to get annoyed with the EFL but they are charged with the governance of the Football League in line with the rules laid down and agreed upon by member clubs.

These rules however are highly restrictive if a club owner wants to speculate. In fact they make it impossible to do so as the main driver of the rules is to get rid of the sugardaddy.

If most clubs just want to play on a even playing field where success is governed by the ability of your club to generate the funds to put a good playing squad that can challenge then FFP is fine. 

I would suggest that we would be happy with that. Clearly the problem is not the EFL but the EPL and those parachute payments. 

The EPL need the jeopardy of relegation to help sell the business model and as was evidenced by the attempted breakaway super league they will guard that jealously. But parachute payments are more and more allowing the same teams to keep bouncing back which gets quite tedious to the armchair fan who will start to want more variety. This is where EPL2 will gain traction as it will allow a more even playing field with more teams able to challenge for top flight football. 

Clearly the downside here is that with the formation of EPL2 it will, almost certainly, mean the end of fully professional football in league 1 and two and of course that means the end of the EFL.

Downside, what downside?

6 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

Downside, what downside?

Not sure if this is tongue in cheek, fishing or serious.
 Surely any deal, including or not a breakaway, should be looking at the benefit of all clubs, be they Premier League or non-league? What is needed is a structure where any club can climb to the summit or fall into the abyss. Unfortunately what we have at the moment greatly benefits the already wealthy, or those that tempt fate and get lucky. Leaving clubs that try everything (see DCFC) to reach the promised land but fail in trouble with the authorities.
 There should always be room for clubs to have an owner willing to put his personal wealth in, what is needed is some form of safety net for if he gets bored.
 As for clubs in the third or lower going out of existence, we were very close to being there last season, ands may well be there in a year's time.

Just now, Stockyram92 said:

Im more alarmed that he thinks the squad we have at the moment is enough! Is that just the clubs way of saying we won't be making any signings? 

I think it means its more a good basis to start from, clearly holding the academy players in high regard.

Good to see about the loans owed situation, players are fully paid & the accounts delay with Companies House had been agreed.

Just nice to have abit of an update and clarification.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think it means its more a good basis to start from, clearly holding the academy players in high regard.

Good to see about the loans owed situation, players are fully paid & the accounts delay with Companies House had been agreed.

Just nice to have abit of an update and clarification.

I think most fans would disagree, a few weeks away from the start of the season, no senior cb's and one senior striker coming to the end of their career isn't a good base to build on, and they certainly don't sound like they're in a rush to add to it either 

Edited by Stockyram92

23 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Having worked for one of Big 4 and now a smaller firm you are correct that top 45 is not top 5 and I know which is more thorough.  Accountancy websites awash with cases against top 4 firms doing bad jobs. Would be interested in cases or disciplinary hearings (as yet!) against the firm we used? 

3 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

I think most fans would disagree, a few weeks away from the start of the season, no senior cb's and one senior striker coming to the end of their career isn't a good base to build on, and they certainly don't sound like they're in a rush to add to it either 

I’ve already accepted we are down. I’m past caring.

At least we have a year to sort out this mess.