EFL Verdict

DCFC90

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Gibbo and the EFL - the tail wagging the dog. 
That little twerp had better be squeaky clean because if I were the EFL I’d want to be assured that he practices what he preaches. 
He needs to concentrate on his own business which is running a small football club with very few fans, limited history, located in the arse end of nowhere and with a pensioner as a manager. 

And a smelly ground 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Until the appeal deadline passes there's still time for the EFL to change their minds.

Would you put it past them to release a statement 10 minutes before the deadline saying "on further discussion with our legal representatives we believe, contrary to our earlier statement...  blah blah blah" ?

I mean, it's not going to happen, but it could happen.

True. But it wouldn’t exactly be a ringing endorsement of the clarity of their rules if even their lawyers couldn’t work them out. 

2 hours ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Suspect Forest will be one of the clubs as I checked their accounts for season ending 2020 and they include a value of £5,961,000 for amortisation of intangible assets but it doesn’t stack up:

Carvalho £13.5m 5yr = £2.61m

Grabban £6m 4yr = £1.5m

Figuereido £2m 4yr = £0.5m

Jenkinson £2m 3yr = £0.66m

Samba £2m 4yr = £0.5m

Da Costa £1.8m 3.5yr = £0.51m

Sow £0.6m 2yr = £0.3m

Bong £0.45m 2.5yr = £0.18m

Total = £6.76m without including any signing on fees for players signed on a free (Ameobi & Adomah to name a couple). Anyone got an email address for Steve Gibson?

Yer it’s 

sgibson@Ahol.com

2 hours ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Suspect Forest will be one of the clubs as I checked their accounts for season ending 2020 and they include a value of £5,961,000 for amortisation of intangible assets but it doesn’t stack up:

Carvalho £13.5m 5yr = £2.61m

Grabban £6m 4yr = £1.5m

Figuereido £2m 4yr = £0.5m

Jenkinson £2m 3yr = £0.66m

Samba £2m 4yr = £0.5m

Da Costa £1.8m 3.5yr = £0.51m

Sow £0.6m 2yr = £0.3m

Bong £0.45m 2.5yr = £0.18m

Total = £6.76m without including any signing on fees for players signed on a free (Ameobi & Adomah to name a couple). Anyone got an email address for Steve Gibson?

Yes but when the loan fee from that Greek side for one player is £13 million it all works out and is jolly fine 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yes but when the loan fee from that Greek side for one player is £13 million it all works out and is jolly fine 

Doesn’t work like that as that would be income in a different part of the accounts. The amortisation of intangible assets is just that and cannot be offset against current values or income received.

Seriously though it needs looking into as Forest are obviously “cooking the books” it seems and that’s just after 1hrs research. 

12 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Doesn’t work like that as that would be income in a different part of the accounts. The amortisation of intangible assets is just that and cannot be offset against current values or income received.

Seriously though it needs looking into as Forest are obviously “cooking the books” it seems and that’s just after 1hrs research. 

And won't it be fun to see THEM squirm  .... what goes round comes round , can't wait 

If I was Mel I would have the accounts submissions double and treble checked by a senior partner of one of the big accountancy firms, we do not want a professor from the university of wallaballoo being wheeled out by the EFL to trash our accounts, sorry Mr Pearce but we need to ensure every figure and word treble checked.

You can bet your bottom dollar the EFL will be having a panel of “experts” poring over them.

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

If I was Mel I would have the accounts submissions double and treble checked by a senior partner of one of the big accountancy firms, we do not want a professor from the university of wallaballoo being wheeled out by the EFL to trash our accounts, sorry Mr Pearce but we need to ensure every figure and word treble checked.

You can bet your bottom dollar the EFL will be having a panel of “experts” poring over them.

I’m sure SG would insist on being on the panel. I think PWC and KPMG would look impressive as auditors on the accounts.

15 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I’ll check it for him if he likes. 

2 + 2 = 5 doesn’t it?

21 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

They already were checked by one of the big firms in Smith and Cooper but has Kieran Maguire says they have set themselves up has a higher authority than the financiall regulatory body.Also what we did was not illegal so the EFL are on very dodgy ground so have to be vety careful.

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well EFl still not wanting to do Mel any favours so I think unfortunately they will appeal, unless potential new owners have got involved. Their appeal will involve their lawyers crawling through the DC decision, then explaining to the LAP why the DC was too lenient. So I think it could be up to 6 weeks from delivery of the DC decision before the LAP hands down the final decision on sanction. But as others point out the accounts can be filed very soon after the dC decision is published which if I understand it is what we need quickly for embargo reasons 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

They already were checked by one of the big firms in Smith and Cooper but has Kieran Maguire says they have set themselves up has a higher authority than the financiall regulatory body.Also what we did was not illegal so the EFL are on very dodgy ground so have to be vety careful.

Unfortunately smith and cooper not one of the  big accountancy firms and the auditor tarnished by his support for the rams

Edited by Charlotte Ram
Missing word inserted

39 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I know Pearce is the CEO but he is also a qualified accountant, so why all of the accountancy problems at Derby.