El DerbyCo

roboto

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The first 4 where the vast majority seemed happy for him whilst we were challenging up around the top of the division if I recall correctly. 

There are only a handful of posters who stick out in the memory as being vocal against MM from the beginning @Angry Ram @iRam@mafiabob

I’ve always had my doubts about Mel, right from the moment he bought the club, even if I didn’t explicitly state it on here. Heard a few things about him that made me very wary of him, wanted to give him a chance but I fear my initial concerns are being proven correct, and then some. This is worse than I could possibly have ever imagined.

Edited by Millenniumram

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Genuine question, would you rather not have had what we’ve experienced in the last six years? Yes the last 12-15 months have been dreadful. But surely before that was a rollercoaster. 

Before the half season in 2014, it was frightfully boring. Attendances down. Football turgid. Literally nothing except an occasional win V Forest or Leeds to enjoy. 

It’s about what comes next though. The damage done over those 6 years could be irreparable, I’d much rather have stuck with GSE if so. We made the PO final without Mel. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve always had my doubts about Mel, right from the moment he bought the club, even if I didn’t explicitly state it on here. Heard a few things about him that made me very wary of him, wanted to give him a chance but I fear my initial concerns are being proven correct, and then some. This is worse than I could possibly have ever imagined.

????? righto

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Mel bought the club when you were 14, what concerns could you have possibly had? 

Edited by Andicis

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Surely if the proposed deal between Morris and Alonso was £5 million then the debt has been factored into that.

Yes would think so. The wrinkle is MM has guaranteed some of the debt and he’d want a clean break. So he’d need a release and somehow that would need to be addressed 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

15 actually, I wasn’t entirely braindead (well not much more than I am now anyway!) Just wasn’t sure he was going to run it sensibly is all, not trying to saw I foresaw all of this! 

Just didn't happen though did it? Why make such big claims? Just say you've been unhappy how he's run it in the last few years, trying to claim you knew as a child Mel wasn't going to run the club correctly is just a bit silly. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Just didn't happen though did it? Why make such big claims? Just say you've been unhappy how he's run it in the last few years, trying to claim you knew as a child Mel wasn't going to run the club correctly is just a bit silly. 

That’s not what I’m trying to claim at all. All I’m saying is I’ve always had some concerns about him, rather than it just being born out of recent events like G Star seemed to be insinuating. Not trying to claim ITK or anything like that because I’m not. The only piece of genuine reliable ITK I’ve ever had is someone told me the kit release date a couple of years back!

What a surprise that when you drag a club down to almost financial ruin and destroy its reputation in the game, that the only potential buyers you attract are fraudsters and crooks that lack any amount of integrity.

What a state we’re in. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes would think so. The wrinkle is MM has guaranteed some of the debt and he’d want a clean break. So he’d need a release and somehow that would need to be addressed 

As I understand it from numerous press articles, tweets and postings on various sites. The deal is £2.5million down £2.5 million in 12 months time and the Spanish child assumes £40 million of debt, leaving Mel with no debt to service.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s not what I’m trying to claim at all. All I’m saying is I’ve always had some concerns about him, rather than it just being born out of recent events like G Star seemed to be insinuating. Not trying to claim ITK or anything like that because I’m not. The only piece of genuine reliable ITK I’ve ever had is someone told me the kit release date a couple of years back!

Im not insinuating that is how it seems, I am saying that is definitively how it is.

Its funny watching people trying to rewrite history. 

Willing to give you the benefit of the doubt though. Can you expand on what you was told about MM that gave you these concerns on how he would run the football club?

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm just doubting the validity of the statement that you always had doubts, pretty much everyone was happy the first few years of Mel when he was throwing the cash around. People started turning on him after that.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm just doubting the validity of the statement that you always had doubts, pretty much everyone was happy the first few years of Mel when he was throwing the cash around. People started turning on him after that.

I get to tell the grandkids about the money splashed on Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield, Andi Weimann, Ikechi Anya and Nick Blackman. 

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I get to tell the grandkids about the money splashed on Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield, Andi Weimann, Ikechi Anya and Nick Blackman. 

In hindsight, but at the time most were happy. 

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s about what comes next though. The damage done over those 6 years could be irreparable, I’d much rather have stuck with GSE if so. We made the PO final without Mel. 

Nothing is irreparable if and when there are people willing to repair it. I feel like I’ve experienced this kind of DCFC turmoil three or four times already, and each time has had joyous moments, iconic players, legendary managers and an existing DCFC following it.  

I don’t say this patronisingly, but you’re quite young. If you asked around, @Eddie for example, or @ossieram, they’ll tell you that these things are almost synonymous with Derby if you were around and conscious in the 70s and 80s! The only difference is that everything is played out in the public domain nowadays and you youngsters are suckers for believing everything you read. 

Just now, Andicis said:

In hindsight, but at the time most were happy. 

They were. It's difficult to see who's rewriting or revising history here, but on reflection, some signs were there and there were a few posters (me NOT included - I was buzzing to see Jacob Butterfield terrorising the league with devastating 6 yard sideways passes) who shared what turned out to be very astute concerns from the word go.

The dressing room incident against Reading when MM entered the changing room was the watershed moment for me.