El DerbyCo

roboto

3 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

These last three years, aside from the odd stand out game (Leeds game especially), have been an absolute mare if you support this club of ours. This fiasco involving Erik Alonso is so unbelieveable I hear Stephen Spielberg is thinking of making a film out of it! What with this, the EFL appeal and now Keogh what has happened to DCFC? Can't think of a film title  except perhaps Deep Impact! Any others?

If the film generates money, then I am all for it.

And for what it is worth, if it chronicles the last 7 or so years then the film should be "the good, the bad and the ugly" Starring Mr Hanky the Christmas poo

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nothing is irreparable if and when there are people willing to repair it. I feel like I’ve experienced this kind of DCFC turmoil three or four times already, and each time has had joyous moments, iconic players, legendary managers and an existing DCFC following it.  

I don’t say this patronisingly, but you’re quite young. If you asked around, @Eddie for example, or @ossieram, they’ll tell you that these things are almost synonymous with Derby if you were around and conscious in the 70s and 80s! The only difference is that everything is played out in the public domain nowadays and you youngsters are suckers for believing everything you read. 

I mean everything works out okay until it doesn't... it's the same argument people often use about the stability of regimes the day before they crumble into dust. I'm not saying people should believe everything they read or that you're wrong about dcfc not being under existential threat but simply relying on the argument 'we've been through this before and it was fine so it'll be fine again' seems like a mistake to me. 

Matt Slater from the Athletic says having spoken to numerous people involved in football finance, the consensus appears to be that no sensible person would by the club until after it’s been into administration. Currently it has too much debt. Administration means screwing jobs, local suppliers (25p in the pound) and losing any goodwill as well as a 12 point deduction that would probably end in relegation. 

32 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Matt Slater from the Athletic says having spoken to numerous people involved in football finance, the consensus appears to be that no sensible person would by the club until after it’s been into administration. Currently it has too much debt. Administration means screwing jobs, local suppliers (25p in the pound) and losing any goodwill as well as a 12 point deduction that would probably end in relegation. 

Screwing jobs, local suppliers (25p in the pound you say????

Just like that Curly Haired tw@ at Boro did not all that long ago. One rule for one etc etc

49 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I am struggling to think of any local suppliers that would have been supplying pride park in a pandemic, jobs normally go but outstanding wages are protected as preferential creditors, the main people to get screwed will be HMRC for PAYE, NI and VAT who will take a haircut. Transfer fees owed and players wages will have to paid in full if the club wanted to play in the league.

Debts with security i.e. the ground cannot be touched by the administrator as they are not the property of the club but the property of the charge holder,

I cannot see MM putting the club into administration, he would be better hiding it up and pocketing whatever he could raise.

Edited by Asheville Ram
grammar

47 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

One thing wrong with this is sensible people do not buy football clubs. 

So if the club did hypothetically go into administration would that mean we lose the stadium, training ground, etc to the likes of Dell if they've been used as security for the loans we've had to take on?

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

So if the club did hypothetically go into administration would that mean we lose the stadium, training ground, etc to the likes of Dell if they've been used as security for the loans we've had to take on?

Correct

Just now, Asheville Ram said:

Correct

If that is the case would they just be rented back to us (if we still exist)? I don't know what loans we currently have, if any, but wouldnt that make us even less attractive to potential investors?