El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Natalie Jackson was on East Mids Today a while back saying that an insider had told her that the club “is in a mess” (you don’t say). Also that they are “frightened to death” of what could happen should we go down. Very pessimistic stuff. 

Yes I seen that tonight and could well believe her. 

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Who are these insiders ???

I heard the comment was “ The Club is in a terrible shhhtate “ ??

If it's Natalie Jackson, it is most likely to be our new owner, Fawaz, just trying to discredit Mel because he's still peeved about his wing mirror.?

16 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

He could well be right our club is toxic from top to bottom, Morris can't find a buyer and he may just walk, then we could go into administration, the whole club is a mess. 

To go into administration the business (club) must be in a position where it cannot pay its bills as they fall due, to carry on trading past this point is illegal. Only the directors can put the business into administration, creditors cannot, they can only ask for a winding up order. As Mel is the largest creditor through his loans to the club, I do not see how it is in his financial or personal interests to put the club into administration. However if he runs out of cash and cannot support the club anymore, then of course he could wind the club up himself as the largest creditor and recover whatever he can from the business.

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

To go into administration the business (club) must be in a position where it cannot pay its bills as they fall due, to carry on trading past this point is illegal. Only the directors can put the business into administration, creditors cannot, they can only ask for a winding up order. As Mel is the largest creditor through his loans to the club, I do not see how it is in his financial or personal interests to put the club into administration. However if he runs out of cash and cannot support the club anymore, then of course he could wind the club up himself as the largest creditor and recover whatever he can from the business.

That's a fair point, but even you must admit the club is in one hell of a mess because of the way Morris as run it over the last couple of years? 

1 minute ago, ziggyram59 said:

That's a fair point, but even you must admit the club is in one hell of a mess because of the way Morris as run it over the last couple of years? 

Mel has invested well over £100 million in the club since he assumed overall control, the basic business of the  club, is in my opinion not in a mess, we have a great ground , great academy and the commercial side of the businesses is very well run which as a previous tenant of an executive box at the ground I have very good first hand knowledge of.

What is an issue is the unrealistic expectations and  demands of a supporter base that expects the rams to win every game and if that does not happen to get their pitchforks out to drive the owner/manager/players out of the club/town. I believe the squandering of Mel's cash was a direct result of that pressure and the decisions of some previous senior executives.

I would repeat what I have said before be careful what you wish for, because because both the fake sheik and the Alonso guy look far worse custodians of the club than Mel Morris, If I was Mel and getting this level of abuse I would liquidate and take whatever cash I could and spend the rest of my days with my feet up.    

23 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

The thing is, Mel has already said the money is there to pay wages through to the end of the season. If we're still struggling to pay back STHs, transfer fees due, etc... then we'd see sales such as Lawrence, Jozwiak, Byrne, the youngsters before we'd go into administration. 

I'd only start to worry if we're still talking about money troubles once all players of significant value are sold.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The thing is, Mel has already said the money is there to pay wages through to the end of the season. If we're still struggling to pay back STHs, transfer fees due, etc... then we'd see sales such as Lawrence, Jozwiak, Byrne, the youngsters before we'd go into administration. 

I'd only start to worry if we're still talking about money troubles once all players of significant value are sold.

Exactly, we only have 15 senior pros under contract for next season (including Buchanan, Bird, Knight & Sibley!) so it's not like we'll be carrying forward a huge wage bill any more.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Exactly, we only have 15 senior pros under contract for next season (including Buchanan, Bird, Knight & Sibley!) so it's not like we'll be carrying forward a huge wage bill any more.

I've posted in a couple of threads what I feel the worst case scenario is in terms of cash flow. c£16.6m to be found behind the back of the sofa, minus player sales, whatever ST money doesn't need to be refunded, and the fact I deliberately over estimated the wage bill. I'm also sure we could defer the £1.1m stadium rent if we were really struggling too.

Sure, the playing squad would be severely depleted with almost zero first team experience between them, but I just don't understand how anyone could be suggesting we're at rwal risk of admin 

29 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Mel has invested well over £100 million in the club since he assumed overall control, the basic business of the  club, is in my opinion not in a mess, we have a great ground , great academy and the commercial side of the businesses is very well run which as a previous tenant of an executive box at the ground I have very good first hand knowledge of.

What is an issue is the unrealistic expectations and  demands of a supporter base that expects the rams to win every game and if that does not happen to get their pitchforks out to drive the owner/manager/players out of the club/town. I believe the squandering of Mel's cash was a direct result of that pressure and the decisions of some previous senior executives.

I would repeat what I have said before be careful what you wish for, because because both the fake sheik and the Alonso guy look far worse custodians of the club than Mel Morris, If I was Mel and getting this level of abuse I would liquidate and take whatever cash I could and spend the rest of my days with my feet up.    

Giver over mate, how the hell you can credit Mel for the mess we are in now is ridiculous, he deserves all the abuse thrown at him! He couldn’t run a bath. Bad decision after bad decision has finally taken its toll on the club, sooner he ducks off the better! Fans will always have a higher expectation especially a team of Derby’s Calibre like u said in the first paragraph with a great ground, great academy, decent history! Why shouldn’t we have high expectations? We don’t mean winning the premier league but we certainly don’t mean on the brink of 3rd tier football. Think you need to go back to the beer garden and have a few more beers.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Isn't it a case of no single person owning a majority. The Germans also have a rule of at least 7 people having to own parts of the club, iirc

That's far harder to work into a easy gag though.

51 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Own our own ground, where have you been in the last 18 months.  Mel has spent thousands in legal advice proving the club has legally sold it.  It is not an asset of the club if it is a scam prepare for a 12 point penalty

11 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Own our own ground, where have you been in the last 18 months.  Mel has spent thousands in legal advice proving the club has legally sold it.  It is not an asset of the club if it is a scam prepare for a 12 point penalty

Sold it to himself, what is your point?

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Absolutely nothing of substance there. 

If I was in the kitchen staff, groundsman etc I'd be worried about my job/new owner...hardly anything new there though. 

Yeh she even says some of them are on flexi furlough still - i'd be worried about my job in that case as well. Nothing really to go on for the club as a whole in what she says.

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Don't forget the mortgage we've taken out on the training ground as well. We've got Keoghs payout hanging over our heads and a potential points deduction on the horizon if the efl has their way. Threadbare doesnt even begin to describe the state of the squad and its only going to get worse if Alonsos takeover falls through. Mel tried to buy his way into the prem and failed. Entirely his fault and he should count his lucky stars that he was able to buy the stadium, so he could kick his ffp balls up further down the road.