El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

My only slight concern is why no season ticket renewals yet? OK, things are up in the air, but getting some cash flow for the summer must be a priority. 

Sensible to wait for the takeover to go through isn’t it? 

Plus the government have yet to confirm if stadiums can reopen next season. 

There is also the small matter of what league we could be playing in next season.

Don’t see the timing being great to open up renewals. Wouldn’t be concerned by that at all.

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's quite hard to see how things can be quite that bad whilst Mel is around. He's spent a lot, obviously doesn't want to spend any more, but is still apparently able to put in enough to keep the club afloat if needed.

As a fan, I can't see him letting the club fold for the sake of a few million, especially as the situation has been caused by him. Then there's the 'local' offer, which surely has to be better than liquidation. 

If he can't sell, I can see a fire sale and the academy closing. We'd be uncompetitive, but that's better than being an ex-club.

Then there's the question of who would put us into administration? Gabay or MSD would lose far more if the club folded. I think this is bit of unfounded speculation. 

My only slight concern is why no season ticket renewals yet? OK, things are up in the air, but getting some cash flow for the summer must be a priority. 

Is it not just a case of waiting to see if we're playing West Brom or Accrington Stanley? 

We will have to set our prices accordingly. 

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's quite hard to see how things can be quite that bad whilst Mel is around. He's spent a lot, obviously doesn't want to spend any more, but is still apparently able to put in enough to keep the club afloat if needed.

As a fan, I can't see him letting the club fold for the sake of a few million, especially as the situation has been caused by him. Then there's the 'local' offer, which surely has to be better than liquidation. 

If he can't sell, I can see a fire sale and the academy closing. We'd be uncompetitive, but that's better than being an ex-club.

Then there's the question of who would put us into administration? Gabay or MSD would lose far more if the club folded. I think this is bit of unfounded speculation. 

They have already sold season tickets for 21/22. They are the unused ticket doe 20/21. 

We may well have already sold more season tickets than  are allowed in the ground in August.  

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Is it not just a case of waiting to see if we're playing West Brom or Accrington Stanley? 

We will have to set our prices accordingly. 

From a business perspective, that's an enormously bad idea. When the best outcome is that we can sell more expensive tickets, why wait for it to resolve? By waiting all we do is risk a worse outcome. Flog them ASAP whilst there's still a chance.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

From a business perspective, that's an enormously bad idea. When the best outcome is that we can sell more expensive tickets, why wait for it to resolve? By waiting all we do is risk a worse outcome. Flog them ASAP whilst there's still a chance.

Fine margins, but I'd expect lower ST prices for League 1 would attract more buyers compared Champ priced ST's for League 1 football. I imagine, if fans are allowed back, it would be better to try and fill the stadium rather than have it empty due to people not wanting to pay a premium to watch us play AFC Wimbledon.

In contrast to Collymore, The Athletic are reporting that Alonso is still "eagerly committed" to the takeover regardless of which League we are in, that there is no opt-out clause in the case that we are relegated and that "most players" have relegation clauses in their contracts that would see wages decrease in the case of relegation.

I know who I am more likely to believe.

19 minutes ago, roboto said:

Fine margins, but I'd expect lower ST prices for League 1 would attract more buyers compared Champ priced ST's for League 1 football. I imagine, if fans are allowed back, it would be better to try and fill the stadium rather than have it empty due to people not wanting to pay a premium to watch us play AFC Wimbledon.

Do you think we will pack it out for Watford u23 in the JPT? To be honest, when it comes to the league, we will have a steady 18k but I think COVID coupled with the delights of this season and the sheer incompetence running through the club will hit attendances.

I think things could be pretty hostile inside Pride Park next year unless something slightly good happens. God help Alonso if he distributes a DCFC v Fleetwood commemorative t-shirt on the first day of the season.

59 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Do you think we will pack it out for Watford u23 in the JPT? To be honest, when it comes to the league, we will have a steady 18k but I think COVID coupled with the delights of this season and the sheer incompetence running through the club will hit attendances.

I think things could be pretty hostile inside Pride Park next year unless something slightly good happens. God help Alonso if he distributes a DCFC v Fleetwood commemorative t-shirt on the first day of the season.

Yeah and maybe a split scarf ?

The Vultures are circling just waiting for us to fail , rubbing their hands with glee , can't wait for our fall from grace , they think we deserve it , they pray for it !. 

We are made of sterner stuff , One of the original members of this hallowed sport , if we go down we will come back stronger, I have no doubt of this . WE ARE Derby , WE DON'T LIE DOWN AND DIE !  ......COME ON YOU RAMS !!!

4 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I think that we’re the next Bolton, Pompey, Coventry or Wigan. 
If we thought being relegated from the Prem with 11 points was bad, this will be a million times worse. 

I just want it done, whatever it is get Mel gone, he doesn't want to make any more commitments to the club. So we need to be able to move on. 

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

Surely we won’t do a bury? Wish he backed it up and said what he had heard

Bury went into administration and were bought by someone who didn't have the where-with-all to run them, and then wouldn't sell them at a reasonable price ie couldn't find a buyer. I think that's what happened, we're miles away from that scenario, it was undoubtedly Collymore just being the cretin he undoubtedly is.

Edited by RoyMac5