El DerbyCo

roboto

17 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I'm talking about Alonso, he says he has cash to spend

I think what the other poster was talking about is that there has been zero proof that Alonso actually has any money himself but yet he continues to state it is him who is buying the club without external backing.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think a true fan is someone who just sits quietly and goes along with everything the club does? He maybe the owner and Wazza the Manager but it is our club. Without fans clubs are doomed, including DCFC. We are entitled to speak out when mistakes are being made, that is what a caring and passionate fan does. That does not mean we are not true supporters.....all of us cheer on the team every game and are gutted if we lose, regardless of whether we agree with what is going on or not.....

With all due respect there is speaking out and there is going on and on and on and on and on and............

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mel ('s other company) also owes the club up to £80m for the stadium. Essentially, anyone buying the club, gets the stadium for free, just by agreeing to wipe off that debt owed to the club.

It's no secret that Mel's struggling to free up enough cash to keep the club running. He'll want rid of that debt ASAP.

I think you need to look into the structure more deeply.  Sure there are intra group loans between various companies, but for the whole thing to work, they do NOT extinguish themselves.  One company somewhere in the pile will have the asset of ground and liability to another controlled company (Gellaw 204 IIRC)

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mel ('s other company) also owes the club up to £80m for the stadium. Essentially, anyone buying the club, gets the stadium for free, just by agreeing to wipe off that debt owed to the club.

It's no secret that Mel's struggling to free up enough cash to keep the club running. He'll want rid of that debt ASAP.

Don't know for certain.  Has Mel been contributing money to keep the club going and using that to reduce the debt owed for the stadium purchase? 

The situation of the sale is quite odd but I think at the time any revaluation needed to go in a reval reserve which would have been excluded from P&S.  By making a sale the club replace an asset worth £20m (?) with a debtor worth £80m.  I think accountancy rules may have changed last year (any accountants out there?) and the reval reserve is no longer applicable.  So it would seem theoretically possible to write the debt off, take the ground back and value it at £80m.  Gibbo will explode

4 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

I think you need to look into the structure more deeply.  Sure there are intra group loans between various companies, but for the whole thing to work, they do NOT extinguish themselves.  One company somewhere in the pile will have the asset of ground and liability to another controlled company (Gellaw 204 IIRC)

Damn. I was thinking of setting up Company A and Company B, getting each to lend the other £10m and then trousering £20m.

Are you telling me it doesn't work that way?

Sorry if this has been covered before but don't EFL rules state that agents can't run a club? Alonso is an agent is he not?

Surely if I, a complete imbecile, knows this then Alonso/his team/Mell/Mel's team must too? 

EFL seem to be taking their sweet time about approving him - especially given that the Fake Sheikh was approved quicker than a Wonga loan.

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

Sorry if this has been covered before but don't EFL rules state that agents can't run a club? Alonso is an agent is he not?

Surely if I, a complete imbecile, knows this then Alonso/his team/Mell/Mel's team must too? 

EFL seem to be taking their sweet time about approving him - especially given that the Fake Sheikh was approved quicker than a Wonga loan.

I recall seeing somewhere that he had ceased to bean agent as part of the "takeover".  This could explain why its website was down when I last looked

17 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

I recall seeing somewhere that he had ceased to bean agent as part of the "takeover".  This could explain why its website was down when I last looked

ahh, wonder if he has sold his agency - that would explain the source of funds - sounds so simple now but I bet it won't be!

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

A different company then that is majority owned by Mel Morris, which then leases it back to the club for a significant amount of money. Is that more to your liking?

If he sells the club he doesnt have to sell the stadium with it as well.

So a company majority owned by Mel Morris owns the ground, so exactly the same as before.

However, as you say there is now the rent to pay, think it is £1m per year.

Nobody knows if he is selling just the club or the whole group do they?

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

There's no way a bloke who has fought in 5 professional boxing fights and is a small time agent has the money to run a football club. That's just not credible- the money is definitely coming from other backers. 

Totally agree on this. Alonso may be rich to most of us but isn't football club owner rich lol. Also his boxing career in indonesia matches up with Oktohari owning 2 boxing promotions in Indonesia. What I don't get is that Oktohari is rich but not that rich in football terms, his OSO group is reportedly worth 200million so 70 mill is a lot to blow on a money losing football club that you are denying you gave money to buy ?. I know it was originally reported as a group of Indonesian investors behind Alonso, a group would make more sense financially.

How long does EFL approval take?

Is this too long or not. I have no idea, just asking?

We don’t know how long the fake Shielk’s took because all we heard was that it had been approved not when the EFL first received the request to look it over.

All the time without news causes concern but I have no idea if it’s justified or not. I can see why the club don’t want to provide an update because when they did with BZG they thought they knew what was happening but BZG, it turned out, were telling Mel porkies.

It’s frustrating that no one knows what’s happening but it doesn’t mean it has to be bad news which seems to be the go to position for many posters on here.

4 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Genuine question, has anyone here seen any indication from Alonso as to whether he will still buy club if we are relegated ?

I recall him referring to it making no difference. Just a different start point but I don’t know if he seriously thought we would go down so thought it would be an easy statement to make.

6 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

How long does EFL approval take?

Is this too long or not. I have no idea, just asking?

We don’t know how long the fake Shielk’s took because all we heard was that it had been approved not when the EFL first received the request to look it over.

All the time without news causes concern but I have no idea if it’s justified or not. I can see why the club don’t want to provide an update because when they did with BZG they thought they knew what was happening but BZG, it turned out, were telling Mel porkies.

It’s frustrating that no one knows what’s happening but it doesn’t mean it has to be bad news which seems to be the go to position for many posters on here.

Something seems to be bubbling away in the background. Collymore and Nixon have clearly been told something. As much as they’re both bankers, there’s not usually smoke without fire in this game. I would suspect whatever it is that’s bubbling is the reason the takeover hasn’t yet gone through

1 minute ago, dajstrawb said:

Something seems to be bubbling away in the background. Collymore and Nixon have clearly been told something. As much as they’re both bankers, there’s not usually smoke without fire in this game. I would suspect whatever it is that’s bubbling is the reason the takeover hasn’t yet gone through

To be fair Nixon thought he had the inside track on the BZG takeover but ended up being completely wrong on several occasions so I don’t believe he has any idea especially from the buyers side.

Collymore is just a Bamford.