El DerbyCo

roboto

https://theathletic.com/2541677/2021/04/26/ornstein-smith-rowe-contract-talks-arsenal-paying-most-of-ozils-wages-united-fallout-from-super-league/ 

In this Athletic article, it says:
"No relegation get-out clause for Alonso’s Derby takeover" 

"Most of Derby’s first-team players are thought to have relegation clauses in their contracts, with several of those deals expiring in the summer, and various other costs should reduce."

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

https://theathletic.com/2541677/2021/04/26/ornstein-smith-rowe-contract-talks-arsenal-paying-most-of-ozils-wages-united-fallout-from-super-league/ 

In this Athletic article, it says:
"No relegation get-out clause for Alonso’s Derby takeover" 

"Most of Derby’s first-team players are thought to have relegation clauses in their contracts, with several of those deals expiring in the summer, and various other costs should reduce."

Well that sounds remarkably sensible.

I don't believe a word of it!

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with whether he's given 'his all' or rather 'the clubs all'. Its to do with the fact he was custodian of the club - it's okay saying 'he meant well' or 'you never said anything bad when he spent lots of money'. We the fans had no say in the matter, all we could do is support the club. The clubs administration was all down to Morris, and he's left us in an incredible mess. 

To play devils advocate - if we stay up and the takeover goes through. He leaves us with: 

Some of the best facilities in Europe. 
One of the best academies in the country. 
a very very low wage bill and basically a clean slate for the new manager (there’ll be no need to shift deadwood considering how many are out of contract this year and I can only think of Davies, Lawrence and Waggy on good wages). 

The huge negative is that we no longer own the ground but I really can’t see him ever charging us more than a nominal cost to lease it due to being a fan. You might also say that we’re probably back to 2012/2013 in terms of playing squad. 

I think he should be criticised but I’m just Clinging onto the hope we don’t go down and the sale goes through and Alonso isn’t a charlatan. 

24 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

To play devils advocate - if we stay up and the takeover goes through. He leaves us with: 

One of the best academies in the country. 
a very very low wage bill and basically a clean slate for the new manager (there’ll be no need to shift deadwood considering how many are out of contract this year and I can only think of Davies, Lawrence and Waggy on good wages). 

The huge negative is that we no longer own the ground but I really can’t see him ever charging us more than a nominal cost to lease it due to being a fan. You might also say that we’re probably back to 2012/2013 in terms of playing squad. 

I think he should be criticised but I’m just Clinging onto the hope we don’t go down and the sale goes through and Alonso isn’t a charlatan. 

I thought I read that the ground was part of the deal....

39 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

One of the best academies in the country.....

Do we though? Genuine question. A year or so ago I believed so but I'm not so sure now

On 25/04/2021 at 09:19, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Calling it now. Alonso is a ******** merchant and Mel has had his pants pulled down. Again. 

In his desperation to sell he has engaged with entirely the wrong sort of people. 

You're only just calling this now?  Jumping on the credit bandwagon?