El DerbyCo

roboto

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

What makes you say the Sheikh was done in a day? We heard about him passing the test and the club released a statement the same day but the is no indication of when they first started the testing process. Also, as mentioned already, Birch is now in charge of the test whereas he wasnt around during the Sheikh fiasco.

Pretty sure the statement said subject to EFL approval, and it was reported that was discussed and passed the next day. Maybe discussions were underway before then, I don’t know. Pretty sure it wouldn’t take this long if it was all clear though, so Birch is obviously investigating something. Hopefully he’s more thorough than the previous lot in charge!

Not going to lie that Collymore tweet is very very concerning. I said in other thread earlier that I was still very concerned about the prospect of administration given our off the pitch issues, this is going one step further. We might not even have a club to support if things carry on the way they are, yet alone a League One team! Things could still get a whole lot worse...

Mel has well and truly ducked us over. Makes a total mess of running the club, then leaves someone else to clear up his mess. Given up on us when we needed him most to save the club from potential collapse. Not what a true fan would do imo.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Not going to lie that Collymore tweet is very very concerning. I said in other thread earlier that I was still very concerned about the prospect of administration given our off the pitch issues, this is going one step further. We might not even have a club to support if things carry on the way they are, yet alone a League One team! Things could still get a whole lot worse...

Mel has well and truly ducked us over. Makes a total mess of running the club, then leaves someone else to clear up his mess. Given up on us when we needed him most to save the club from potential collapse. Not what a true fan would do imo.

The Lion King Reaction GIF

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah, what a swine... Ploughing in £100m trying to fulfill his and all Derby fans dreams of becoming a solid PL side. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yeah, what a swine... Ploughing in £100m trying to fulfill his and all Derby fans dreams of becoming a solid PL side. 

Not saying he didn’t initially have good intentions. But you can’t just abandon your club when putting the money in doesn’t work. He’s crippled us financially then left us to die.

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Why is it concerning? Why are you assuming a.) Collymore actually has any sources within Derby and b.) he's not just winding up fans who don't like him? I personally won't treat anything Collymore says with any credibility whatsoever. Questioning whether he is a ''true fan'' is complete nonsense too. Having a blue checkmark on Twitter certainly doesn't mean you know anything. 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't be the first time that Collymore has tweeted something to rile up Derby fans. Do you not find it strange that he deleted it just as quickly as he wrote it? Better Call Saul Season GIF

It didn’t read like it was to rile up Derby fans, more like genuine concern for the future of the club. But you’re right of course, it’s been deleted so it may well be false.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why is it concerning? Why are you assuming a.) Collymore actually has any sources within Derby and b.) he's not just winding up fans who don't like him? I personally won't treat anything Collymore says with any credibility whatsoever. Questioning whether he is a ''true fan'' is complete nonsense too. Having a blue checkmark on Twitter certainly doesn't mean you know anything. 

Does that tweet read like a wind up? It doesn’t to me. Of course it could be made up, but it’s not just him that’s saying it, East Midlands today are as well. It’s not that I’m taking what Collymore says as gospel, that would be stupid. But you know full well my feelings on Mel, I’ve been consistent in those and I have my reasons.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Does that tweet read like a wind up? It doesn’t to me. Of course it could be made up, but it’s not just him that’s saying it, East Midlands today are as well. It’s not that I’m taking what Collymore says as gospel, that would be stupid. But you know full well my feelings on Mel, I’ve been consistent in those and I have my reasons.

Do you believe that Collymore genuinely gives a duck about what happens to Derby? It doesn't really read as anything to me. But we've all seen people randomly make stuff up on the internet before and football fans are awful for just going along with every rumour, I seem to remember many on here believed Barry the ram. East Midlands today said nothing like what Collymore did. I don't really care whether you like or dislike Mel, saying he isn't a true fan because things didn't work out is just unfair. What is a ''true fan'' anyway, and who gets to police it?