El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Not saying he didn’t initially have good intentions. But you can’t just abandon your club when putting the money in doesn’t work. He’s crippled us financially then left us to die.

No he has crippled himself financially, the money is owed to him, if I was Mel I would want to escape from this baying mob ASAP 

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Does that tweet read like a wind up? It doesn’t to me. Of course it could be made up, but it’s not just him that’s saying it, East Midlands today are as well. It’s not that I’m taking what Collymore says as gospel, that would be stupid. But you know full well my feelings on Mel, I’ve been consistent in those and I have my reasons.

Have you actually listened the EMT? When did she say we're at risk of admin?

Staff are worried about their jobs that's essentially all she said. She's a poor reporter leaving it open to interpretation without the actual context behind it.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not saying he didn’t initially have good intentions. But you can’t just abandon your club when putting the money in doesn’t work. He’s crippled us financially then left us to die.

He hasn't abandoned the club though. He's still putting as much money as he can in (around £2m pm right now). Sure, the clibbiant in a healthy position right now, but come the summer, once out of the pandemic, the financial health of the club should be in a fairly healthy position. Almost a blank slate for a new owner to come in and make a by of a push

6 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

No he has crippled himself financially, the money is owed to him, if I was Mel I would want to escape from this baying mob ASAP 

What money is owed to him and can you point me in the direction of where you got this information?

6 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

The pandemic has crippled us financially!

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

And many other clubs without parachute payments but because they’re not going through takeovers it’s not being reported

Yet I've never seen it reported anywhere that any of these clubs chose to furlough players in April/May of last year when they were unable to do anything, yet some (ourselves included) chose instead to furlough staff probably earning minimum wage.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Have you actually listened the EMT? When did she say we're at risk of admin?

Staff are worried about their jobs that's essentially all she said. She's a poor reporter leaving it open to interpretation without the actual context behind it.

Absolutely correct never mentioned admin once, and of course the staff are worried. We’re on the brink of being relegated, the clubs up for sale and until then we’re obviously skint. If I worked for a company with the potential to lose significant revenue when we’re already in obvious financial trouble I’d be seriously thinking about getting a new job. Awful journalism from EMT. 

6 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

Do you think a true fan is someone who just sits quietly and goes along with everything the club does? He maybe the owner and Wazza the Manager but it is our club. Without fans clubs are doomed, including DCFC. We are entitled to speak out when mistakes are being made, that is what a caring and passionate fan does. That does not mean we are not true supporters.....all of us cheer on the team every game and are gutted if we lose, regardless of whether we agree with what is going on or not.....

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet I've never seen it reported anywhere that any of these clubs chose to furlough players in April/May of last year when they were unable to do anything, yet some (ourselves included) chose instead to furlough staff probably earning minimum wage.

Players always seem to land on their feet. There were players who took pay deferrals, but a deferral is just that, they will get the money eventually but as you say those on low wages would be the ones who suffer, exactly the same when a club goes into administration, i wonder how many Portsmouth and Leicester players suffered financially while businesses were losing millions and staff were being laid off?

13 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

Its certainly been a factor recently no doubt but having to sell stadiums to yourself to circumnavigate P&L occurred well before Covid-19 was a thing.

The damage at Derby was done over several years, the pandemic is more like the nail in the coffin.

good post, spot on. WE are experiencing the damage from our high spend (and wages) from a few years ago and Covid -19 has left little room to get out of trouble. We are not the only club in this position and more will fall into it over the next year or so.

Do I think we will go bust....No..I think Also will buy the club and give it short to medium turn stability.  We will return to the Prem but who knows when, I hope we build and not splash the cash.

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

good post, spot on. WE are experiencing the damage from our high spend (and wages) from a few years ago and Covid -19 has left little room to get out of trouble. We are not the only club in this position and more will fall into it over the next year or so.

Do I think we will go bust....No..I think Also will buy the club and give it short to medium turn stability.  We will return to the Prem but who knows when, I hope we build and not splash the cash.

I am not sure there will be much cash to splash...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thats not strictly true.

A different company then that is majority owned by Mel Morris, which then leases it back to the club for a significant amount of money. Is that more to your liking?

If he sells the club he doesnt have to sell the stadium with it as well.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mel ('s other company) also owes the club up to £80m for the stadium. Essentially, anyone buying the club, gets the stadium for free, just by agreeing to wipe off that debt owed to the club.

Just by agreeing to pay off £80m?

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

A different company then that is majority owned by Mel Morris, which then leases it back to the club for a significant amount of money. Is that more to your liking?

If he sells the club he doesn't have to sell the stadium with it as well.

But that's okay because we can pay rent to Mel for use of the stadium! ? Plus not have the asset if ever the club needed to mortgage it for cash.

Edited by RoyMac5