El DerbyCo

roboto

The review by the EFL is led by Trevor Birch he joined in January and has dealt with many takeovers in his time and did work at Derby for awhile. 

Trevor Birch is an English chartered accountant, football executive, and former professional footballer. He is chief executive of the English Football League. Birch has been an executive at several clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur, Swansea City, Chelsea, Leeds United, Everton, Derby County, and Sheffield United.

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

The review by the EFL is led by Trevor Birch he joined in January and has dealt with many takeovers in his time and did work at Derby for awhile. 

Trevor Birch is an English chartered accountant, football executive, and former professional footballer. He is chief executive of the English Football League. Birch has been an executive at several clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur, Swansea City, Chelsea, Leeds United, Everton, Derby County, and Sheffield United.

He needs to brandish his birch and give a good hiding to quite a few people. 

33 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Easy an audit of the financial source of the prospective buyer by a known firm say Deloitte

Not so easy, all the audit firms are now subject to enhanced scrutiny following failures to identify corporate governance failures at large companies they audit.  I wouldn't view any of their reports as reliable.  It is about the same as saying if the EFL say it is ok then it is.

You know what, the best person we could have is say a lifelong fan who has become a self made multi millionaire....oops tried that one.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't thank him at all. He was custodian, he was meant to be looking after the club - he's not done that. His 'ego' is part of what lead to the massive overspend - not had many fans forums lately have we!

He's lost some money, but he still owns the ground - a good lease fee/money for licenses there? And still he isn't willing to put the club first when it comes to selling us. Thanks for nothing Mel.

If you buy the club and the lease terms are favourable to the club, you pay more for the shares in the club. If on the other hand you buy the club and the owner of the ground seeks to extract value (say by charging a high rent for the ground) then you pay less for the shares. It’s one business, one undertaking, one enterprise. 
Don’t understand your comments about ownership of the ground. 

8 hours ago, Spanish said:

Not so easy, all the audit firms are now subject to enhanced scrutiny following failures to identify corporate governance failures at large companies they audit.  I wouldn't view any of their reports as reliable.  It is about the same as saying if the EFL say it is ok then it is.

You know what, the best person we could have is say a lifelong fan who has become a self made multi millionaire....oops tried that one.

We tried it more than once.

It seems to always end in tears, although the first time, there were smiles the likes of which still fill me with love for and pride of this club. I take those smiles with me in my heart, and the tears can never wash them away.

46 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If you buy the club and the lease terms are favourable to the club, you pay more for the shares in the club. If on the other hand you buy the club and the owner of the ground seeks to extract value (say by charging a high rent for the ground) then you pay less for the shares. It’s one business, one undertaking, one enterprise. 
Don’t understand your comments about ownership of the ground. 

We (the club) owned the ground we don't know - is that not the case now? It's not one business parts of the club have been split into separate limited companies. I don't understand how not having the ownership of the ground (worth £80m) is the same as having to lease it?

Edited by RoyMac5

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We (the club) owned the ground we don't know - is that not the case now? It's not one business parts of the club have been split into separate limited companies. I don't understand how not having the ownership of the ground (worth £80m) is the same as having to lease it?

Two things: First, do you think MM bought the ground: A for his own financial benefit OR B because the club was in danger of breaching P&S rules. I think it’s B 

secondly: we all know MM is gagging to sell the club. Do you think in the context of a sale he will: A exploit his ownership of the ground (which could hamper a sale); OR B ensure the deal concerning the ground is reasonable from the club’s perspective, thereby facilitating a sale. I think it’s B. 

that’s all I’m saying. 

2 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Will this nightmare ever end?  As soon as we get a new decent owner (not holding my breath) and Morris is gone, the better.

Morris has been a disaster for this club!

Sorry OTR but,

1) The nightmare has some time to go yet methinks, 

2) I wouldn't hold your breath, could be a long wait for a decent owner, 

3) Every Tom Dick and Harry have owned this great club, most usually balls it up so Morris is just another one. We will survive whoever is the next in line. Who knows we may do well! 

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Two things: First, do you think MM bought the ground: A for his own financial benefit OR B because the club was in danger of breaching P&S rules. I think it’s B 

secondly: we all know MM is gagging to sell the club. Do you think in the context of a sale he will: A exploit his ownership of the ground (which could hamper a sale); OR B ensure the deal concerning the ground is reasonable from the club’s perspective, thereby facilitating a sale. I think it’s B. 

that’s all I’m saying. 

Absolutely. Mel has made many mistakes and is primarily responsible for our current financial plight but, I maybe naive, I don’t think he’s done any of it for personal gain.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

secondly: we all know MM is gagging to sell the club. Do you think in the context of a sale he will: A exploit his ownership of the ground (which could hamper a sale); OR B ensure the deal concerning the ground is reasonable from the club’s perspective, thereby facilitating a sale. I think it’s B. that’s all I’m saying. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely. Mel has made many mistakes and is primarily responsible for our current financial plight but, I maybe naive, I don’t think he’s done any of it for personal gain.

I didn't suggest the primary aim was financial gain. That doesn't excuse where he has left (Hope he goes v soon) the club! And whether it was A or B the result was the same, the club is poorer through his financial mismanagement!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Agree fully. The problem is that we haven't been promoted and each season trying to compete at the top end of the Championship drains cash and creates P&S issues. That's why we are where we are, not because Mel been enriching himself.

It could have all been so different. We've had so many chances at promotion where we've fallen just short. The difference between success and failure at this level is very fine. A goal here or a save there and it could have all been so different. Obviously Mel has made some mistakes, and I've posted about many of them, but his decisions have been tested and ours haven't. 

I don't think any of us should feel any hostility to Mel. He's given it his all.

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I don't think any of us should feel any hostility to Mel. He's given it his all.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether he's given 'his all' or rather 'the clubs all'. Its to do with the fact he was custodian of the club - it's okay saying 'he meant well' or 'you never said anything bad when he spent lots of money'. We the fans had no say in the matter, all we could do is support the club. The clubs administration was all down to Morris, and he's left us in an incredible mess.