El DerbyCo

roboto

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

An Indonesian consortium have been trying to buy Oxford recently:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/03/19/ex-inter-milan-owner-involved-oxford-united-consortium-takeover/amp/

The article includes references to the Indonesian Olympic Committee (of which Raja Sapta Oktohari is a member) and the former owner of Inter Milan & DC United from when Rooney was at DC United.

I wonder if these stories are linked? ?

This guy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erick_Thohir

I can find little about this guy other than according to a website called infofamouspeople.com he is a 45 year old "celebrity business man" and has been named "the world's youngest boxing promoter" by the WBA. 

The boxing thing would connect him to Alonso. 

The family are not on the list of 50 wealthiest Indonesian families on Wikipedia, which goes down to $475m

1 hour ago, jono said:

Frankly as long as he isn’t either a criminal, a complete admitted misogynist / homophobe / anti semite bigot and doesn’t publicly incite violence or repression of dissent then his personal politics don’t interest me. Add in that maybe he is a VOX reformer ? Do we know ? Should we know ? If we know, is it really for us to pass judgment ?

Thing is we don’t all think the same .. and why should we. ? And why if someone has a different view on tackling an issue are they somehow undesirable, unsuitable or not allowed to voice it ? It certainly shouldn’t reflect on his ability to broker a deal or run a football club. 

I reckon today’s self appointed moralists are every bit as bad, hypocritical, self congratulatory and judgmental as the dyed in the wool old boys of times past. One “establishment” replaces another in near seamless fashion. It’s part of life.

Well said can we put this bickering to bed and move on. The biggest lesson to learn is beggars cannot be choosers I fail to understand how people do not realise this simple fact.

I always wanted Mel to  keep the club under sound financial stewardship and not to waste loads of money trying to get the club into Premiership even if it meant more years in the championship but I got slated for this a few years ago and the main reason for this I did not want to end up selling the club to some dodgy character in the same manner when we ended up with the three amigos. 
When any football club is dying financially you cannot complain which vulture comes along to pick over the bones 

Edited by cstand

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

Well said can we put this bickering to bed and move on. The biggest lesson to learn is beggars cannot be choosers I fail to understand how people do not realise this simple fact.

I always wanted Mel to  keep the club under sound financial stewardship and not to waste loads of money trying to get the club into Premiership even if it meant more years in the championship but I got slated for this a few years ago and the main reason for this I did not want to end up selling the club to some dodgy character in the same manner when we ended up with the three amigos. 

I think I’m sure Mel wouldn’t just sell us to anybody, well almost sure

Edited by Spanish

8 minutes ago, cstand said:

'Beggars can't be choosers' seems to be setting as especially low bar. If we are in that position, it's only because Morris is willing to put the club in that position.

13 minutes ago, cstand said:

When any football club is dying financially you cannot complain which vulture comes along to pick over the bones 

I don't grasp the analogy with beggars being choosers. If we are the proverbial beggar than that's only because Morris has put us in that position.

2 minutes ago, cstand said:

Too many people are making too many assumptions and I will never agree to trial by social media with no right to reply but depressingly that is the fashion for some people.

People are asking questions.

As for there being no right of reply, anyone is completely free to sign up to this forum and contribute.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't grasp the analogy with beggars being choosers. If we are the proverbial beggar than that's only because Morris has put us in that position.

Mr Morris has put in many tens of millions into the club and continues to bank roll it every month at the moment for no reward and no thanks from the majority on this website. Given the abuse he is getting I for one don't blame him for wanting to bale out, armchair owners like you guys make me sick.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Mel is not the first or the last football owner to get into financial difficulties chasing his dream. Yes he has made loads of mistakes but biggest mistake of all was not having an exit strategy if we did not end up in the Premiership and run out of money.

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

People are asking questions.

As for there being no right of reply, anyone is completely free to sign up to this forum and contribute.

I meant  Erik Alonso

Edited by cstand

12 minutes ago, cstand said:

Too many people are making too many assumptions and I will never agree to trial by social media with no right to reply but depressingly that is the fashion for some people.

So you are totally confident about these guys?